Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

(Spoilers duh) G22 Balor Theory

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
in General Chat
Hello folks, after reading and watching the events take fold after defeating the "Revived" born anew Balor old King of Fomors, I had come to a conclusion that...Vayne is the true Balor all along. It was said Balor had fallen many enemies with his eye along with his insane strength and that Lugh "Barely" defeated Balor with the Sword of light.

After first learning the Briogh Tech "Iron Will" we had took a look at the memories of Vayne, know that he was in middle of what assumed to be War or a scale of battle know that all the enemies he had slain were humanoids but at the end of it all had given me a huge eye brow as the last enemy had demi god power or at least had wings similar to a demi god.

My Conclusion to that memory was that it was a time when the War against the fomors at Sen mag plains during the time Balor was defeated by Lugh Lavada, this winged Humanoid strikes me to be Lugh Himself while the person whom we are reliving a memory of...is likely Balor all along. Know we had not slain anything "Fomor" in that memory but only Humanoids after which being contained in a trap lain for Vayne, we didn't get to see what happens next for Vayne had forced us out of his memories when we seen to much. That had shown he likely had something to hide that could be vital to his true identity and the winged humanoid before him.

Also what brings me to this theory was the ending of G22 I saw his right eye what looked like a burnt scar like Zuko from Avatar the last airbender, after seeing that my jaw had dropped after a quick realization was that it was not Balor we had defeated but was likely a False king, or maybe the memory shown to us could be altered to show what wants to be shown.

Another reason why I had thought Vayne to be Balor was because of how easy it was to slay the fomors in the room with Reborn Balor that Vayne had done with a sweep with his hand. Welp I had shown what I believe what about you guys? Like to get in on theories with your thoughts? After all this is only JUST a Theory.

Can't wait till G23 during Summer <3

Comments

• TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Cethlenn confirmed that Vayne is Balor Beimnech so . . .
  • AlshianAlshian
    Trees wrote: »
    Cethlenn confirmed that Vayne is Balor Beimnech so . . .

Oh rip i blame Nexon for having these texts load to slow for me when the text skips over without you clicking to fast...Did not get to read it all, welp now I know for sure hes Balor.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    The "Revived Balor" we fought in G22 was nothing more but a flesh-shell of what the Old King looked like. It lacked the full power and mind of Balor of the Evil Eye.

Similar to how Glas Ghaibhleann was nothing more but a husk of its original form, or even Claimh Solas in Ch.3 Alchemist.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Yep, welp can't wait to see more of Vayne aka Balor again.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Why does no one seem to remember that Sera's name got dropped in the after credits by Cethlenn? If you played the Samhain content, you should remember him, Laighlinne's grandfather? The shadow with two red eyes? This guy?

He's FINALLY making his move. =D
  • AlshianAlshian
    I was away from mabi when that event was going on...i was so upset with myself that i missed since i was waiting for new content and in doing so i was playing another game that got me hooked.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Ah, well I hope we get that event back so people can catch up on it.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Yeah. The battle against Lugh's ghost was blatantly obvious.
  • LeineiLeinei
    EEEEEEEEEEYUP.

Kind of expected Piran to betray us somehow, but there's a fun thing I noticed. If you take that Hymerark heart thing and flip the left side upward, doesn't it look like Balor's mark? =D
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited January 14, 2019
    I pointed out Sera being from Samhain the other day on the Discord. Didn't mention it here since this was a thread about Balor, lol.
    Definitely interesting that we may see a continuation of the Samhain Story to some extent. Apparently G23 had some call backs to Samhain too.

In short, if we see the Samhain event return between G23 and G24, I think it may be safe to say "Yep same Sera!"
    Leinei
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 14, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »
    Ah, well I hope we get that event back so people can catch up on it.

What I don't understand is why they don't make a permanent version of that CONTENT.

Also they need to bring back voice acting.
    ChaosShadowLeinei
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Yeah I pretty much was like "That's totally Lugh" when I saw that memory. For one it was obviously Sen mag plains with dead soldiers implying the fomor wars, the soldier's panic at seeing him implies he is a high level fomor. When the demigod looking avatar showed up it was pretty obvious that it was Lugh. Remember, in previous flashbacks Lugh is always depicted as a Champion with white wings, and called the knight of light, so Balor would remember him as a shining warrior with a pair of wings.