Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Vayne Identity....?

ArashiRegiusArashiRegius
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Story Discussion
Balor? I also just noticed that Balor has his left eye glowing and vayne has his left eye covered. And I remember from his flashback I was wondering why there was only dead human, and human ghost/spirit? At first I thought maybe he was an mercenary who likes to hang around battlefield to fight left over people who were strong enough to survive, but then the final spirit ghost shows up and reminded me of a champion. So the champion would be lugh and the person I'm rping as would be Balor? So is Vayne friend that he trying to look for is Lugh, maybe? Because he feels robbed that the gods stole his fated fight from him by intervening, and now he's obsessed with trying to find lugh or a replacement of someone strong enough to give a fight so he could reenact the war from back then, but this time without the gods intervening? That's why he's helping us and teaching us how to use briough so that we could be a better challenge for him later on? Somewhat reminds me of when Darth Maul was obsessed with Obi-Wan and was hunting him down.

P.S: I am currently only at the part where piran was told about his little sister kidnapping. I hope nothing happens to her, because from what I remember most of the little girls and boy in mabinogi generation story don't have a happy ending. :c

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 13, 2019
    Eh... Vayne seemed almost grateful for the defeat, which forced him to evolve past his limits. Also, Lugh's kind of dead, so he missed out there. Honestly, his motives are hard to pin down, but the Samhain event seems tied to this storyline. They mentioned the travelers that arrived in Erinn in that book and in the after credits you'll see a particular name drop that, if you're familiar with the Samhain event, you should recognize. If not, see the thread 'Morgant is Vayne' in this section. I posted a video.
    ArashiRegius
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    I'm more interested as to why he chose to call himself Vayne to us. Does that name hold something of sentimental value to him? Someone he knew? A random name?

Considering that the fomors recognized Balor's shell, could he be in the same position than Glas/Dougal in TNN, where his soul is bound to a human body? Could Vayne be the name of that original body's owner?
    ArashiRegius
  • ArashiRegiusArashiRegius
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited January 14, 2019
    Well I just finish g22, and I'm glad not another little kid had to be killed/sacrificed.

And my impression is that he seems resentful about at the time of his death, but maybe he doesn't feel too bad about it now because he gained something also, but still wish to have another final fight and feels the thrill of facing another legendary opponent. I mean he did keep praising us the entire time, until the ball scene, and he might of seen a bit disappointed and gave us something that will make us a bigger and stronger prey in the future. From how at the end Cethlain(not sure how to spell his/her name) label him like frenzy, bloodlust or something I don't remember off the top off my head. Vayne also seem to have enjoy granting us this ability and he said something at the end that feels like he's just trying to help us get stronger so he can fight us in the end. Something like "I granted you this ability so you better become stronger and not lose to anyone till we meet again for our final fight" feeling. If we end up finding or getting the sword of light para(something) then i'm sure Vayne is going to be so thrilled about it.

Maybe Vayne is a new name he gave himself? While he's in this form? He didn't seem thrilled when Cethlann used his full name. Or maybe he feels disgraced about using his original name, because the Gods stole his duel by helping lugh. xD I am really pushing for this final fight thing. I don't know he just seem like that kinda guy.

From the way they interacted with each other and mention some things, there seems to be a group of maybe or not like minded individual that also follows this "Sera" person, who feels that "we" are too powerful. Maybe it's a collection of evil/bad guy, maybe glas in human form will show up, Cichol will be back, and Ruari will still be alive? Like the Axis of Evil kinda, but mabinogi style. Or maybe they might different agenda each of their own and following "Sera" will guickly get them to it.

Edit: Also I wonder if Piran will not be the helpless boy any more at the end of this? If he gets the chance do you think he will kill a black moon member himself? Also do we ever kill anyone? I remember there was a line in one of the cutscene that kinda implies that we killed them.

Wonder if I can redo it and pay more attention to details.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Maybe Balor, now Vayne, actually wants us to subvert destiny. His dialog states that Millitians are not really bound by the prophecy so it might be him setting things up so that the Millitian will be in a position to combat it. From what we can tell, Vayne is genuinely enjoying himself in our company and is actually quite polite even when his alignment is revealed. In fact he even goes out of his way to calm us down by telling us the little girl was still alive. He throws around quite a few speculations and even notes that we might even be able to retrieve the sword used to defeat him. (I'm not even going into the plot hole where we own a sword that is literally divine power given form). Given about how he despises the name Balor and his general disposition towards fomors, my speculation is that he wants to use the Millitian to be free from his connection to the Balor of old. He seems to have really found enlightenment and is pretty at peace with himself currently. But then again he could just be cartoonishly evil.
    Soll
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 14, 2019
    @ArashiRegius Sera is actually someone we've seen a bit of previously in the Samhain event. He's Laighlinne's grandfather, the shadow with red eyes in this video.

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    @Leinei you mean we finally get an answer to who that was?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    @Leinei you mean we finally get an answer to who that was?

Well, Laighlinne says it's her 'grandfather', but yeah, I suppose we will. =D