Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G22 Balor Battle

Comments

• Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited January 15, 2019
    Divinity makes short work of him. Just spam blasts whilst divine linked to a pet that's in healer mode. I didn't even bother changing my weapon from staff or leveling my techniques and I took him from 70 to 0 in one transformation.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Senpai kept grabbing me~
    TheDumbOne
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Honestly. The boss was not that difficult. The only part was annoying was his grabbing, tossing me around like a rag doll. Just died once, but honestly I was not even geared up. Was only using beam swords and FH CD 19 lol, but i think i only used FH twice and some Chains. Also used Paladin and Demigod to reduce chances of dying and yeah... 0 dmg on me after that.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    His difficulty aside, I do love his attack and animations. His grab attack is the best as its like he's 100% done with you. When he smacks you on the ground it actually damages nearby party members. It would be even more funny if he just straight up started beating the other party members with you in hand.
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    i dont think i had an issue. considering this gen seems to be entirely focused at late-game players, it would make sense the boss isnt a cakewalk[/quote]

exactly what xyphr said, its basically expected at this point in this gen if you went through all the others that you're basically 10k+ with around at least 800+ max damage with no bfo or somewhere around that.

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited January 15, 2019
    I used Nascent Divinity and Divine Link.
    I set up hotkeys that allowed me to control my pets movement (Come! and Sit! can have hotkeys set in Options) to keep them safe from AOE.
    With The Subskill "Sacred Revival" at at least rank 8, Guardian Oath at 10, and Soul Restoration at 10, my high level pet had enough survivability to allow me to re-kindle a new Soul Link before it needed Phoenix Feather-ing. This allowed me to focus on maintaining Nascent Divinity.

Nascent and Divine Link:
    Nascent prevented me from being knocked around, using Celestial Spike allowed me to build up power in Nascent form although it did no damage. Use a Step 6 Red Upgraded weapon to increase power. (the crit boost carries into Nascent)
    Attack the Salamanders as they spawn to stop them from harassing your pet, their magic will hurt. Be wary of their AOE on death and use your pet to control Balor's movement away from them.
    Once maxed out, use Obliteration as soon as possible. (Balor cannot be hit during his AOE cast.)
    When your power is maxed out, cast Judgement Blade instead of Celestial Spike if you feel like Balor will grab you soon, you can use it if it's already loaded while being grabbed in order to free yourself with Marleid and your Pet's help. Like Girgashiy, Balor moves in a random direction before teleporting to grab you.
    I recommend the title "New Divinity" to extent Nascent's form.
    Rank 1 Nascent Divinity with the title lasts long enough that Balor should be low health before it expires.

Once Nascent Divinity expires, or if you don't have access to it use Mana shield, then fast hard hitting attacks are recommended. From this point, Chain Crush was what I used in order to deal consistent damage. Bachram Explosion did 10% of Balor's health with a crit. Chain Crush and Bachram Explosion gives you temporary Advance Heavy Stander during the animation, giving you opportunity to hit hard from a distance. I don't recommend Chain Impale needs you to be closer, and it's stun is useless in this situation.
    Other skills you could use are Smash, Bash, Final Hit, Way of the Gun, Ice-Lighting Fusion, Lightning Rod, Chain-Cast Firebolt, and any form of Martial Arts. (Mobility skills such as Anchor Rush, Bullet Slide, and Tumble actually have use here.)
    Having a Cylinder at hand for Life Drain and Heat Buster Mobility is also effective.
    I do not recommend using a Bow at all. Marleid's support is enough, and it's likely Balor will hit you before you can fire off shots effectively.

Surviving:
    Although I personally didn't use them, Demi-God and Wings of Eclipse plus Knight of Light skills can assist greatly in survival.
    Wearing a set of armor will help mitigate as much damage as possible, and if available, Blunting Field works very well. I did not have armor on, nor access to any techniques. I took a hefty bit of damage during the fight, although my properly prepared friend managed to reduce Balor's damage to 1.
    With a pet constantly attacking Balor with the assistance of Marleid I was often freed quickly from the grab. Stay near Marleid and your pet so they can help you in time, but mind your position so Balor hits the pet and not you.
    Life Drain can help stave off Potion Poisoning, and if you already started draining before Balor grabs you, the drain continues. Bring a lot of potions anyway.
    The AOE is the most dangerous, as your pet will end up stunlocked in it and probably die.

I managed to defeat Balor in 12 minutes without a death, and my pet did not need reviving due to Soul Link and Sacred Revival. I do not have enchanted/reforged gear or any armor and I play casually, so hopefully with this rough guide it can help someone clear it.
    KingEphystarkiller1286
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    edited January 15, 2019
    So Mage here
    I don't do enough damage for this boss. About 880 int and 309 magic attack with Dan2 Firebolt only does about .4% damage even Rank 5 Hailstorm does roughly the same damage at max charge
    I guess I'll try to max out music knowledge and composing to increase int. Also when the pet is down that's pretty much it. I can't outrun his punching attack and I have to pray that he does a fire attack in order to summon and relink but it's usually just teleport spam

Also the most frustrating thing about this fight is that he only has 3 moves and the AI is pretty terrible in helping. Mine was just vibrating in a corner for about 10 minutes then ran to the middle of the arena aggro'd the salamanders and decided to stand right next to me
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited January 15, 2019
    I am having trouble because I am a squishy elf with 82 defense without a shield.
    I am nowhere near able to use 3 out of the 4 Techniques given to me, with Blunting Edge the only one I am able to unlock. The other require feats such as 150 base defense (rocking a 62), 2000 hp (rocking a 1400) and rank 1 Shield of Trust (rocking at rank 5) and Divine Link (rocking at rank 3) that I do not meet.
    I'll try again using what everyone has mentioned; use a Red Upgrade weapon with Nascent, use Wings of Eclipse, Brionac Shaving, Bash 'n Bash.

Thanks everybody!

Edit: Killed the bloody thing! Only ate 3 nao stones and Wings of Eclipse only ranked down to the low Rank 2. When was the last time Demigod+Brionac worked on a boss?
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    So Mage here
    I don't do enough damage for this boss. About 880 int and 309 magic attack with Dan2 Firebolt only does about .4% damage even Rank 5 Hailstorm does roughly the same damage at max charge
    I guess I'll try to max out music knowledge and composing to increase int. Also when the pet is down that's pretty much it. I can't outrun his punching attack and I have to pray that he does a fire attack in order to summon and relink but it's usually just teleport spam

Also the most frustrating thing about this fight is that he only has 3 moves and the AI is pretty terrible in helping. Mine was just vibrating in a corner for about 10 minutes then ran to the middle of the arena aggro'd the salamanders and decided to stand right next to me

You know what forget it

the demi god + brionic strat just destroyed him... albeit I needed to demi 2 times but inbetween that cooldown I just charged thunder used spellwalk and hoped I could get him right before he teleported

thank you demi + brionic guy
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 15, 2019
    Waited till FH was off CD...then I went in & it was over.

Fh2stronk.

Imma cry the day the FH nerf arrives. :(
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Rhey wrote: »

Fh2stronk.

It's not getting nerfed
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    olden time golem and pet link for grab balor does- a cater - mp pots- no deaths (i heard deaths make it stronger, and alchemy not effected by pot poisoning).... (that i know of)
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 19, 2019
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Fh2stronk.

It's not getting nerfed

@Rhey hes right
    I've decided to update my thread on this as well
    m67ZVhv.jpg
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Balor likes to play "put out the Darkwing" XD

tumblr_oq1m3qmZUg1r2ad2vo1_400.gif
    Aquasol
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

Fh2stronk.

It's not getting nerfed

Final hit is getting a damage nerf of -100% but make 2handed sword type weapons not cause knock back for a few hits. Like maybe 5~6 hits before knock back.

So instead of your normal 400% damage now it will be 300% after the patch.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gaea wrote: »
    Senpai kept grabbing me~

"No Balor senpai! Not like this!!!"
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited January 19, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »

Fh2stronk.

It's not getting nerfed

Final hit is getting a damage nerf of -100% but make 2handed sword type weapons not cause knock back for a few hits. Like maybe 5~6 hits before knock back.

how do you know this? do you have a video perhaps?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Veylaine wrote: »

Fh2stronk.

It's not getting nerfed

how do you know this? do you have a video perhaps?

It WAS in the forums till it got flooded by the other topics, you very likely had missed it to lazy to browse in the forums to find it for ya, I just told ya what i know, up to you to believe or maybe find it yourself.

Giants would also be getting 2 new skills and so far as I've seen 2 new gear, a crystal looking cleave sword and shield.

How did i find this? I found it by chance, when your someone like me who loves knowledge, you just happen to run across familiar topics that interest ya.

Anyways I didn't have it saved to show ya, you would have to find it yourself.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited January 19, 2019

It WAS in the forums till it got flooded by the other topics, you very likely had missed it to lazy to browse in the forums to find it for ya, I just told ya what i know, up to you to believe or maybe find it yourself.

Giants would also be getting 2 new skills and so far as I've seen 2 new gear, a crystal looking cleave sword and shield.

How did i find this? I found it by chance, when your someone like me who loves knowledge, you just happen to run across familiar topics that interest ya.

I already know about the new weapons, I started this thread for the giant update.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18388/warning-kr-spoilers-giant-update-if-we-get-it/p1 [ you're the first to reply] ( this is why im asking ) not saying its the same thread but that one piece of info of -100% is not something I came across.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Veylaine wrote: »

I already know about the new weapons, I started this thread for the giant update.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18388/warning-kr-spoilers-giant-update-if-we-get-it/p1 [ you're the first to reply] ( this is why im asking ) not saying its the same thread but that one piece of info of -100% is not something I came across.

Oh, Well if I were to find it again I will make a link, but if I can't seem to find it, then I am very likely to be wrong or misread along with time deluding my memory as I grind my brain out in Mabi. Welp enough of my excuse, I am wrong unless I prove it, at least find where I got the idea of the -100% damage nerf.
    Veylaine