Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G22 Balor Battle

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Alshian wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »

It WAS in the forums till it got flooded by the other topics, you very likely had missed it to lazy to browse in the forums to find it for ya, I just told ya what i know, up to you to believe or maybe find it yourself.

Giants would also be getting 2 new skills and so far as I've seen 2 new gear, a crystal looking cleave sword and shield.

How did i find this? I found it by chance, when your someone like me who loves knowledge, you just happen to run across familiar topics that interest ya.

Anyways I didn't have it saved to show ya, you would have to find it yourself.
    I already know about the new weapons, I started this thread for the giant update.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18388/warning-kr-spoilers-giant-update-if-we-get-it/p1 [ you're the first to reply] ( this is why im asking ) not saying its the same thread but that one piece of info of -100% is not something I came across.

Oh, Well if I were to find it again I will make a link, but if I can't seem to find it, then I am very likely to be wrong or misread along with time deluding my memory as I grind my brain out in Mabi. Welp enough of my excuse, I am wrong unless I prove it, at least find where I got the idea of the -100% damage nerf.

So nerf? or no Nerf? O_O!?

• dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    I felt he was super weak for a final boss. Hit me for 40-50 per hit which is pretty trivial.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Rhey wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »

It WAS in the forums till it got flooded by the other topics, you very likely had missed it to lazy to browse in the forums to find it for ya, I just told ya what i know, up to you to believe or maybe find it yourself.

Giants would also be getting 2 new skills and so far as I've seen 2 new gear, a crystal looking cleave sword and shield.

How did i find this? I found it by chance, when your someone like me who loves knowledge, you just happen to run across familiar topics that interest ya.

Anyways I didn't have it saved to show ya, you would have to find it yourself.
    I already know about the new weapons, I started this thread for the giant update.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18388/warning-kr-spoilers-giant-update-if-we-get-it/p1 [ you're the first to reply] ( this is why im asking ) not saying its the same thread but that one piece of info of -100% is not something I came across.

Oh, Well if I were to find it again I will make a link, but if I can't seem to find it, then I am very likely to be wrong or misread along with time deluding my memory as I grind my brain out in Mabi. Welp enough of my excuse, I am wrong unless I prove it, at least find where I got the idea of the -100% damage nerf.

So nerf? or no Nerf? O_O!?

I spend a day to search where I got the idea of -100% dmg reduction for final hit and can't find it. So there is no nerf for final hit as I see it now, its a buff XD

My bad~ D:
    hammerhand
  • Z0mbieCancerZ0mbieCancer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I have a question for my friend trying to fight Balor as I type, he is saying that the boss constantly teleports to him and "grabs into a slam", "he will go fight the other character they give you to help in the fight, then immediately teleport to me". Is Balor bugged to continuously spam grab attacks?
  • LoomieLoomie
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Sooo annoyed with this boss, every time he grabs me he does 150+ damage every hit so 450 every 2 seconds I can't live through that. Keeps killing my linked pet + Marleid is effing useless. This might all be fine with full recovery pots but I do such little damage to him I can't kill him before I go through all of them. I do like 1-60 damage each hit the rest of the generation was easy why am I hitting like a wet cloth!?
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited February 25, 2019
    Loomie wrote: »
    Sooo annoyed with this boss, every time he grabs me he does 150+ damage every hit so 450 every 2 seconds I can't live through that. Keeps killing my linked pet + Marleid is effing useless. This might all be fine with full recovery pots but I do such little damage to him I can't kill him before I go through all of them. I do like 1-60 damage each hit the rest of the generation was easy why am I hitting like a wet cloth!?

This IS G22 after all, nothing like the first Generations up to 18

Plus its standard to have good HP, good STR, good gear, and good ranks of damaging skills. I could fight Balor with raw power but if you had completed the first Generations you would of had some decent utility skills enough to beat him.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    For those concerned, you are basically going in with the knowledge and intent of getting into a shirtless bear wrestling competition with Balor.
    AlexLight
  • AlshianAlshian
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    For those concerned, you are basically going in with the knowledge and intent of getting into a shirtless bear wrestling competition with Balor.

Give this person a like, that is totally what fighting Balor is all about!
    AlexLight
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

You mean wrestling him with your bear hands? :p
    AlexLight
  • AlshianAlshian

You mean wrestling him with your bear hands? :p

Nexon better give us a title for such feat!
  • LosheLoshe
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    edited February 26, 2019
    i tried once but he spam teleport and slam always, never tried again :(
    was easy shooting magnum on a horse but he got angry and rip in peace >: D
  • AlshianAlshian
    Welp this is a great time to fiddle with the custom AIs for your pet to have them act on situations in your favor, least make sure to have your pet be the pincer attacker to break you free from Balor's grabs before it becomes to dangerous for ya.

So yea rethink your plans and adapt to bring this false king to it's knees.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Welp this is a great time to fiddle with the custom AIs for your pet to have them act on situations in your favor, least make sure to have your pet be the pincer attacker to break you free from Balor's grabs before it becomes to dangerous for ya.

Nah, they just need to hit Vales and train up their bodies. Get that muscular giant body so that upon entering the room where Balor is, you will flex your awesome muscles causing him to fall to his knees in disgrace.

On a more serious note, unless you have a decent link and a strong pet, its probably better to just increase your ability to tank damage. Also, I'm not if people have realized this, but when using Divinity, using shield of trust creates a damage buffer in similar vein to vital surge (though unlike surge it doesn't count as a 2nd life bar so Life drain and damage reflect go past it), it is worth 2x your current HP, and still takes your defense into consideration and you can refresh it every 20 secs. Use it to build up your gauge for Nova.
  • AlshianAlshian

Nah, they just need to hit Vales and train up their bodies. Get that muscular giant body so that upon entering the room where Balor is, you will flex your awesome muscles causing him to fall to his knees in disgrace.

On a more serious note, unless you have a decent link and a strong pet, its probably better to just increase your ability to tank damage. Also, I'm not if people have realized this, but when using Divinity, using shield of trust creates a damage buffer in similar vein to vital surge (though unlike surge it doesn't count as a 2nd life bar so Life drain and damage reflect go past it), it is worth 2x your current HP, and still takes your defense into consideration and you can refresh it every 20 secs. Use it to build up your gauge for Nova.

Keep in mind this is when you would only have very few active techs and likely a player who is only 5000+ total level, so not everything is dropped onto the hands of them challenging Balor. Although if your 10k+ or had more hours in mabi then Balor is a walk in a park no real plan needed for him.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    False king?! Really? So GRCvActium claim about how weaksauce we Milletians are is still pretty accurate? Welp, there goes my power fantasy, being owned by the equivalent of the Fomor King's half brother twice removed. :/
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited February 27, 2019
    False king?! Really? So GRCvActium claim about how weaksauce we Milletians are is still pretty accurate? Welp, there goes my power fantasy, being owned by the equivalent of the Fomor King's half brother twice removed. :/

This is only a husk of Balor without his memories and soul, and was said that Morrighan aided Luga to defeat Balor. Which would mean his existence could be a thorn to a god plus his successor is Cichol God of fomors, could this explain just how strong Balor is? Don't forget we are not even Gods (yet or ever) but Demi gods even with Nascent divinity we only stave off Talvish who made Cichol pack his bags out of here for the time being.

So yea we are pretty much still weak but stronger than many people, we use the skills we learn from others and master it as utility for victory. We pretty much can only use Paladin, Demi God, and Nascent divinity for a short time because it still strains the Milletian who uses it. If the Milletian had a more stable and sturdy body they could be equal to a god but still need more to be able to defeat them. With Tech maybe we only had gain more power to boast about after we harness it using Briogh.

Think of Milletians as being x4 as strong than many warriors while being extremely nimble also great wisdom with experience in combat from many ordeals they had faced in adventures while also showing concern for others who he/she is defending. Also don't forget Milletians could also be to overly confident that they can't really die leaving them open to many sources of attacks. Plus they are starting to develop a personality that forces them to feel like a higher being making them sometimes feel a sort of depression about this change. Remember all the Tragic events that had took fold during this Milletian's adventures? Yea that could put a strain to anyone's mentality if they are too kind for there own good. They even once had questioned if they will follow the same fate hinting if they would of had turned to evil instead of good.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    You just gotta give Balor a stern talking to.

For a walking husk, he is quite understanding and desires to give you his favorite one handed hugs as appreciation for your efforts.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Is there valor in the battle against Balor?