Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alchemy nerfing is a bit extreme

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Life drain could use a buff cause I still enjoy to use it and draining 3.5k hp with Divine Link takes a while
    TheDumbOne
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 18, 2019
    Alchemy needs a buff+revamp actually...it's underperforming & slower than all other talents. Even a bare-fisted melee player can clear rooms faster than an alchemist. It needs to be balanced to make it worth the ap investments.
    TheDumbOneBuffalosKiruahhammerhandGravitron
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 18, 2019
    It seems to me that for the sake of difficulty and general fun, we should encouraging people at later levels to be well rounded and adaptable, and accustomed to incorporating a variety of skills. There is encouraging variety by barring certain skills (Heavy Stander, Mana Deflector, Natural Shield), then there's discouraging it.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited January 19, 2019
    It seems to me that for the sake of difficulty and general fun, we should encouraging people at later levels to be well rounded and adaptable, and accustomed to incorporating a variety of skills. There is encouraging variety by barring certain skills (Heavy Stander, Mana Deflector, Natural Shield), then there's discouraging it.

thats a great point, but same could be said for the opposite, ppl who wouldn't normally use alchemy, may not want to try.- and i think its important to always give each skill set something to look forward to, not push ppl into or out of them.

edit: i also get the enemies being immune to skills, but i dont remember shock immunity -hydra immunity or cloud immunity.. - i get sand burst or frozen blast which is CP prone, but it feels more like they turned those skills off for certain modes.... then just making each individual monster immune. (i wonder if you could evg in new tech durin and get immune to shock lol, or if they really individually put immunity on each monster)
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I tried shock in Revived Illusion, and the skill just straight up does nothing, even in normal rooms. The effect gets applied but does not attack anything. However, in an ironic twist, this doesn't affect monsters in there. The evil eye can and does cast shock as one of its attacks, and guess what, it works on you. I honestly really hate it when they take out skill options like this. I mean I rather just have it so they disable self revival options like Phantasm instead of this.
    TheDumbOne
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 21, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    In Tech Duinn, unlike in Phantasm, you can't even sand burst the more annoying enemies. :C

Sand Burst was like the one saving grace of aggro management in these days of skill immunity.

I mean basically any skill that isn't a huge damaging skill is useless in Tech Duinn.

Chain Crush on the snap cast spamming mages?
    Nah, they aren't dazed.
    Somersault kick?
    Even if you aren't shockwave spammed out of the combo, they ignore your dazing kick.
    Smash with a mace!?
    Yeah! Oh wait, no they ignore that like the dragons in Sidhe.

It's like they want you to deal with the mechanics in the missions while taking out the methods you can actually deal with them.

The mages can be sand bursted
    around 2:30 you can see them sand bursted.

Tried to get to the witches with my elf in advanced but couldn't, so I switched to my giant instead.

After several naos later we beat the advanced dungeon and the only mobs that were immune to sand were salamanders and probably balor, I didn't try to sand him I assume he can't be anyways if the salamanders can't.
    0BZSpCB.jpg
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 21, 2019
    One neat thing we found out is if the salamanders die to hydra they won't make those fire circles when they die.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Veylaine wrote: »
    In Tech Duinn, unlike in Phantasm, you can't even sand burst the more annoying enemies. :C

Sand Burst was like the one saving grace of aggro management in these days of skill immunity.

I mean basically any skill that isn't a huge damaging skill is useless in Tech Duinn.

Nah, they aren't dazed.
    Somersault kick?
    Even if you aren't shockwave spammed out of the combo, they ignore your dazing kick.
    Smash with a mace!?

It's like they want you to deal with the mechanics in the missions while taking out the methods you can actually deal with them.

Tried to get to the witches with my elf in advanced but couldn't, so I switched to my giant instead.

After several naos later we beat the advanced dungeon and the only mobs that were immune to sand were salamanders and probably balor, I didn't try to sand him I assume he can't be anyways if the salamanders can't.
    0BZSpCB.jpg

Balor can in story mode, that much i tried, but the npc breaks sandburst
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »

Nah, they aren't dazed.
    Somersault kick?
    Smash with a mace!?

0BZSpCB.jpg

Balor can in story mode, that much i tried, but the npc breaks sandburst

Great to see Hydra cheeze is still effective.