Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Satire] Mabinogi general stereotypes

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
in General Chat
So did you know that Mabinogi as a whole is over 10 years old? god I feel old
I've also been keeping a general eye on the community since the start, even though my dumb younger self never committed to an account/character until the Merlin Ace Update of all things. So much missed AP...

Anyways, I'm sure you've at SOME point wondered what certain choices, be it cosmetics or races, said about you as a player.
If not, well....
You can enjoy this satire.
Of course because some people might get mad, remember this golden rule:
All stereotypes have exceptions, so even if something you have contains the stereotype of "big jerk", it doesn't mean you are one.

ZyVO2C2.png

Humans

Human players are actually the most difficult thing to pin stereotypes for, given that almost the entire population chose to be this race.
However, this doesn't stop any of them from existing.
First, we got the old school characters. These people existed before Elves and Giants were added, so it only makes sense that they are human. Skill levels vary greatly, but due to how long they have been around they are usually at the very least competent. Or they are a level 40,000 god.
Second, we have the "humans are supreme" human player. Now, say what you want about which races are good or bad, the people I'm talking about here are always in your face about it. It doesn't matter what the situation is, they will talk down on Elf and Giant players like its their job or something.
And Third, we have the "I have final hit, so therefore I must be invincible" player. You know what sort of people I'm talking about.
Now I'm not saying you shouldn't help them know better, but you can at least let them die before doing so.

CzP7gGJ.png

Giants

The first stereotype here is actually very easy.
A new player that picks giant to have decent melee without any dedication. Of course because of this, they often overlook what being a giant is actually about and then will wonder why they die so much once that early melee boost is no longer relevant.
The second are old school true giant mains. These people are usually very laid back and lend a hand where needed. In fact, most long term giant mains seem to be this way. Keep it up. You guys are awesome.
The third is the rebellious "I refuse to use melee" giant. Just....why? You picked the race known for melee, yet....why?
Its like intentionally maining melee elf, unless you know what you are doing it has no purpose.

qSeZpgF.png

Elves

Oh boy... These first two are going to make an elf somewhere angry, I just know it.
First off, the pure fashion elf. Weak, fashionable, and afk all day. This could apply to humans too, but at least when humans do it they have stats.
The second is a new player that has no idea what he is in for. He chose elf to be an archer without understanding the extreme dedication it requires.
These players either give up archery, switch to a different race, or be the rare brave soul who eventually becomes...
Third: The enlightened. These elves actually pushed through the suffering of early elf growth and became somewhat respectable. While often not melee like humans or giants, they still have great skill coverage and most likely decent crafting out of their need for dex.
Finally, the fashionable hidden deity. These elves will look like the first stereotype, but show or greatly exceed the qualities of the third.
I mean sure, they might still afk all the dang time, but then when you absolutely need help they will be there to carry you. Entirely.

gyT0ACe.png

The meta follower

Insanely powerful, often finding the most valuable items, and refusing to be fashionable beyond base cosmetics.
Oh boy do these people have stereotypes.
The first is the rare actually helpful/kind one. I'm sure if you are on any of the servers long enough you will know which people I'm talking about.
The kind of people who will carry you in phantasm if you make a pass and NOT ask for your loot.
The second is the exact opposite. The rude/superiority complex type. You know what I'm talking about.
They will still carry you through things, but will always demand you give them your chest loot. Even if you made that phantasm pass yourself.
To them, everything has to be about their precious money/progress, not yours.
The Third type is actually pretty cool and/or annoying. The math types.
You know, the people who do all the crazy math to find the most optimal numbers for everything.
Sometimes to a....very painfully annoying degree. You know, the type that say "well just be level 40k and you can do this haha".

VvDCDnT.png

The Fashionogi

And here I thought the only potential hate would be the elves. Fashionogis have this stigma among some players of being whiny and never playing the game. Honestly that is only true for...
The first, the pure fashionogi. Yeah. The one the stigma is about. They don't do much of anything so they never improve enough to handle harder content. Thankfully most of them are laid back and at the very least train music so they can jam out with eachother.
The second: The Gacha Follower. Always wearing the newest gacha set. Nothing else. Usually this is in an attempt to make people think they are cool for being so rich. Spoilers though. Nobody really bats an eye.
The Third: The actually good Fashionogi. These people have looks that are original, easy on the eyes, and most likely still play the game beyond going afk. Be it a merchant, assisting in dungeons, etc. Regardless of what gacha comes out, they will stick to their signature look with well deserved pride.

Yidsf0R.png

The Enigma

These people are weird. You know, the people that wear things like those animal mascot masks. All the time. NEVER removing them.
Now, the stereotype actually depends on the mask in question, as different Enigmas wear different masks.
The Squirrel Mask: Completely laid back, yet always shirtless for some reason if the character is male. Especially if a giant.
The Rabbit Mask: Always willing to be helpful and run dungeons, but never, NEVER tick them off. They hold anger beyond your understanding.
The Alpaca mask: These people just want to meme. Thats it, thats the stereotype. Just....meme.
The Halloween Skull/Pumpkin mask: These people like to annoy you with the loud squeaky footsteps. Either a meme or a troll, depending on the situation. Of course the exception to this is during the month of October. In that case the person is just festive.

And there you have it for general stereotypes.
Now, if I continue or not depends entirely on this topic's poll.

If you want me to continue, the next set shall be wing stereotypes.
So if you want to see that, vote yes.
Also I deeply encourage you to post what you think a stereotype is for certain wings, since god help me if I try to list EVERY SINGLE ONE.
If anything we could turn this into community satire. Lighten the usual forum mood a little.
JJRadiant Dawnpawcalypseoffwithyourheads
  1. Should this satire continue as a full series?24 votes
    1. Yeah!
       83% (20 votes)
    2. Nah!
       17% (4 votes)

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Potato

What about the PvPholics?
    Jayy124Gretaskpkionpawcalypse
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    i chose elf for archery before they broke the elves, and reforges were the excuse for the shortcomings
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited January 22, 2019
    Ferghus - Weapon Breaker
    223px-Ferghus.png
    The guy almost everyone has grown to hate and fear because of slipping hands.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Not a single human thinks they are good atm...human are trash.
    Gretapawcalypse
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

Humans are weak and slow.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Potato

What about the PvPholics?

Covered under "rude/superiority" type, though it needs to be amended to include "May have 1500 Int, which is inversely proportional to their real-life intelligence" and "Likely 12 years old".
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 22, 2019

Weak, slow, and useless slaves.
    Kensamaofmari
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Humans gets an exclusive VIP Club in Rabbie.
    NilremImaizumipawcalypse
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    What about the people who play the game transformed the whole time under Enigma? *cough* SEYFRIED
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    What about the people who play the game transformed the whole time under Enigma? *cough* SEYFRIED

*COUGH*

OP forgot about these roleplayers... :x
    Imaizumi
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790

Weak, slow, and useless slaves.

But they do their best.
    Melee elf is not OP enough.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I chose elf to be the OP mag spammer till chains came, then i stay as a chainblader main with ninja for utility of explosive kunai.