Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon is in trouble

Comments

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    FUDders gonna FUD.
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Everyone, read the report. Losses were in China (largest market) and Korea (home market).
    This is likely due to tighter regulations and shrinking market share as the market shifts and more competition to the markets.
    Every other region has seen profit growth and expected growth although small. I dont see any major impacts anytime soon.
    Even if the NA region was making profits, we'd still feel any impacts from the South Korean and/or Japanese regions since we get our updates from them. Though I really doubt a Q4 loss in the economy we had is going to change things all that much to begin with.

Whether there will be reported profit or losses for the final quarter, most companies are rather cautious and are predicting lower numbers, less optimism, which is a good thing versus false optimism which would build bubbles. Look at potential cutbacks now, reset, reassess and replan from there.

Unsurprisingly, Japan is rather small in market share for Nexon and anytime you're not going negative there, things are good. Predicting higher profits in that market for consecutive quarters there is a good thing.

One has to worry about the S Korea and China markets as ever changing factors are altering what may happen in such key areas.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Ktty wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Guys I can't believe this was missed but this is...I don't know how to take this.
    https://kotaku.com/south-koreas-biggest-gaming-giant-is-suddenly-up-for-sa-1831453903

This is either really bad or really good. >_>;;;

Not sure how u missed it but there's already a thread about that here.

No one really stays in town square much these days.