Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G21 The New Divinity

FrozterFrozter
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
I know how to beat him, i know what to do, i know what im supposed to do, i just can't do it. I beat him for 30 minutes, used up all my naos and I got his healt to ONLY 96%? Like I think this is actually impossible. He keeps using Celestial Spike, and then im unable to use Shield Of Trust, and he insta kills me with his weird attack. What am i supposed to do?

Comments

• EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    His natural shield is much lower than his heavy stander and mana deflector. Do what you can to deal ranged damage to him quickly. WOTG is helpful.
    Frozter
  • etrietri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited January 26, 2019
    Talvish is mean, and will bully you mercilessly if you go in thinking you can just DPS him down. You can't.

• He takes less damage inflicted from the high damage meta skills (eg. Bash, Chain Impale, Firebolt, Final Hit) so use skills like Smash, Magnum Shot, Chain Crush, WOTG, etc, instead.
    • Windmill / Blade him when he says 'I will show you proof of the prophecy' otherwise you'll take the debuff when he spikes you. Or just Anchor Rush away.
    • If you have trouble with the shield timing for the instant kill, there's a few LPs of the fight up on Youtube.
    • When you get the transformation at 80%, use Celestial Spike to quickly build up stacks for Nova Obliteration - but make sure you don't yourself leave yourself open to being wumbo-combo'd by Blade/Spike/Instant Death
    • If you have some Adventurer Seals lying around, buy a Guardian Soul Stone or two for a few seconds of invincibility.

Hopefully that helps.
    Frozter
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Another tip is to stand directly underneath him and use the Shield of Trust when he does his killer move. The skill he uses works something like a shockwave - the further you are from him, the more time it takes for his skill to reach you, and the more the seconds are spent with Shield of Trust on. Thus, the effect from Shield of Trust is more likely to wear off and you'll die.
    Opposite scenario the closer you are to him (...at least from my experience).
    Take advantage of the event balloons as well!
    Frozter