Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Drum Kit Instrument

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
in Feedback and Suggestions
Can we get a Drum Kit that you can set up and play like a piano? It can be an absurd amount of Ducats like the Piano. It can include the Bass Drum, Snare, and Cymbal. It wouldn't invalidate the other percussion instruments because it's stationary while those other ones can be used for barding in parties and using Enthralling performance. A drum kit would also make percussion a lot more accessible in Jam Sessions.

TriCdZK.jpg
(royalty free drum Kit image)

IGN: Choten
Server: Mari
Twelie

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That would be welcome, and could readily be implemented. The trick would be arranging the data file, but that's just a little work. Coordinating the "notes" to the actions for accurate animation though would be the "hard" part, ie hitting snare when snare is played and so on. On the other hand they can just not bother with accurate animation as they have already for everything else, except for single percussion instruments. In the mean time you can fake most of a kit:
    - big drum o2d+ or o2e- for bass drum
    - big drum any other note for floor tom
    - small drum for tom tom
    - small drum with cymbals for snare with rasping chains engaged
    - cymbals o2d+ or o2e- for gong
    - cymbals any other note for, well, cymbals
    - roncadora really short notes for closed high hat. You can use cymbals for this as well, using really short notes, but with Roncadora you can use all three voices for more data. You can also use this effect to simulate brushes, but it's so so.
    - roncadora slightly longer notes for cow bell. On its own the facsimile is also so so, but mixed in with other instruments playing at the same time the inaccuracy of the imitation is somewhat mitigated by being washed out. Similarly, you can use the same effect to simulate wood block xylophones since roncadora has other notes available to it.

For, say, a basic rock drum line you'd then need small drum, big drum, and two cymbals. Replacing that with one person would be handy.
    Twelie
  • ChoCho
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try it out in 3MLe. I never really messed around with the big drum or roncondoras much.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    edited January 27, 2019
    To add to this: in-game, it could simply be made by handicrafting the corresponding instruments together: Snare drum, bass drum, cymbals. The final result could depend on the type of instrument used (milky way vs regular)

And to bring this even further.... handicrafting together instruments that only use one track aside from microphones. Chimes, music bottles and bells for instance.

The music box prop should also be fixed to play more than one single track instead of imitating the hand chimes, and be made craftable at the very least to not limit it to gacha drop only.
    THICCthighssavelivesTwelie
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Cho wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try it out in 3MLe. I never really messed around with the big drum or roncondoras much.

NP, after the whole Permadeath thing and your gracious response at the end there I wanted to return the good will.

Note that o2d+ and o2e- while being special for cymbals and big drum is nothing special for small drum.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I want the older "drums" in the game to have its sound reworked, it sounds weird and silly.
    Twelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 5, 2019
    Your wish has finally been granted. When I saw this, it reminded me of this thread. Skip to 0:34. :)
  • ChoCho
    Haha yeah It's amazing. I wonder how Mabi compositions will change knowing you don't need 3 separate drummers to simulate a drumline.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Haha yeah It's amazing. I wonder how Mabi compositions will change knowing you don't need 3 separate drummers to simulate a drumline.

Depends on your piece of music. If you're composition is for an orchestra type performance or marching band, it wouldn't change much if at all.
  • ChoCho

Depends on your piece of music. If you're composition is for an orchestra type performance or marching band, it wouldn't change much if at all.

I was thinking more Rock. Or even a lot of videogame music that uses percussion can be played in full now probably.

I was thinking more Rock. Or even a lot of videogame music that uses percussion can be played in full now probably.

True.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You know it's awesome. Sometimes I feel like they actually listen to us on things we want.

But they never listen on how we want them. :|
    Gaea wrote: »
    You know it's awesome. Sometimes I feel like they actually listen to us on things we want.

But they never listen on how we want them. :|

At least it's at the level of Ferghus.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 9, 2019
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I love this....think i will start making songs more on the epic side >:3
    Alshian wrote: »
    I love this....think i will start making songs more on the epic side >:3