Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best Sword for Spirit weapon?

Mkoch99Mkoch99
Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
edited January 29, 2019 in General Chat
I made my Spirit sword a while ago and I realized I kinda didn't choose a good sword for it (A Muramasa. Its one that basically you can only get from gacha) so I have no reliable way of repairing it. So anyone have suggestions on what swords are the best for Spirit Weapons and can easily get another for repairing?

Comments

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    If you want a 2-hit slow sword like Muramasa, I'd recommend a Gladius or a Battle Sword. They both have decent crit starting out and similar damage. If you want to get a more unique weapon, you can get Hooked Cutlasses from exploring around Maiz Prairie and they have more crit than both Gladius' and Battle Sword's.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The baltane boxes from the squire system provides 1-5 and 5-10 point repair pots. You can use that for repairs if you're too deep into feeding them. But for the effort you're going to invest, it would be far better for you to drop your money and investment in a Pilgrim Sword.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Any sword that can be acquired readily will do. After that look up it's stats. The thing is ego weapons are out performed by other weapons available in the game, in terms of damage, so if you're going to have an ego weapon you really want to look for other effects than just raw damage. For example, egoing a bow greatly extends its maximum range, I think, beyond the range of any non-egoed bow. So you ego a bow not for hitting power but for long range sniping ability. Another example is to ego a tower cylinder. The reason for this is to enhance the effectiveness of Hydra. You plunk it down with a normal cylinder then immediate swap weapon slots and the hydra puffs are based on the egoed tower cylinder. The damage bonus is like 30% or some such thing. If you are a giant you might want to consider egoing a hammer to enhance Giant Full Swing since the skill only works with hammers. I'd like to comment on wands but I'm not familiar enough to do so.
  • Mkoch99Mkoch99
    Helsa wrote: »
    Any sword that can be acquired readily will do. After that look up it's stats. The thing is ego weapons are out performed by other weapons available in the game, in terms of damage, so if you're going to have an ego weapon you really want to look for other effects than just raw damage. For example, egoing a bow greatly extends its maximum range, I think, beyond the range of any non-egoed bow. So you ego a bow not for hitting power but for long range sniping ability. Another example is to ego a tower cylinder. The reason for this is to enhance the effectiveness of Hydra. You plunk it down with a normal cylinder then immediate swap weapon slots and the hydra puffs are based on the egoed tower cylinder. The damage bonus is like 30% or some such thing. If you are a giant you might want to consider egoing a hammer to enhance Giant Full Swing since the skill only works with hammers. I'd like to comment on wands but I'm not familiar enough to do so.

Thing is I'd like to keep it a sword more for RP purposes, and swords are the only weapon out the ones you can make spirit weapons that I would actually sometimes use. (I tend to mainly use Shurikens, Knuckles and Chain Blades which sadly I can't make into Spirit weapons)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'm surprised you can't repair the Muramasa, considering a while back there was that watermelon event that disgorged manuals for all those Japanese swords like candy from a piñata.
    Though I guess the materials to make one, even if someone had saved some manuals from that event, would be a pain.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    edited January 29, 2019
    Cho wrote: »
    If you want a 2-hit slow sword like Muramasa, I'd recommend a Gladius or a Battle Sword. They both have decent crit starting out and similar damage. If you want to get a more unique weapon, you can get Hooked Cutlasses from exploring around Maiz Prairie and they have more crit than both Gladius' and Battle Sword's.

Why focus on maximising crit? Pretty much everyone is at the crit cap for pretty much every enemy (barring those not intended to be damaged normally). Go for max damage instead, every time.

That said, since it's mainly for RP purposes, do the stats even matter?
  • Mkoch99Mkoch99
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I'm surprised you can't repair the Muramasa, considering a while back there was that watermelon event that disgorged manuals for all those Japanese swords like candy from a piñata.
    Though I guess the materials to make one, even if someone had saved some manuals from that event, would be a pain.

I was actually not playing mabi from like April to November so I missed that event
  • Mkoch99Mkoch99
    Orkane wrote: »

Why focus on maximising crit? Pretty much everyone is at the crit cap for pretty much every enemy (barring those not intended to be damaged normally). Go for max damage instead, every time.

Well I still want it to be a good weapon
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    There are no good sword for spirit weapons.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited January 30, 2019
    Dragon Fang, Glory Sword, or Highlander Claymore

I can smith then if you have the manual and you're on Alexina
  • ChoCho
    Orkane wrote: »

Muramasa spirit has 25 crit. I'm not gonna recommend something with less than that. Crit caps at 30% but still gets reduced by prot. Higher crit helps against protection's crit reduction on everything that's not Windmill.

But like Ork said, if you want more damage, you can go for a Machete, a Bastard Sword, or a Butcher Knife. They aren't too hard to find.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 31, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    There are no good sword for spirit weapons.

Make a sword you want for fun, there is not a single worthwhile sword to make into a spirit weapon.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Celtic_Royal_Knight_Sword.png

If all you care about is big white numbers, then this is the One True Sword and all else is trash.
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Celtic_Royal_Knight_Sword.png

If all you care about is big white numbers, then this is the One True Sword and all else is trash.

This may be true, but the topic of the thread is about the best sword for a spirit weapon. ~ Not the best sword.

I used a Machete (don't even ask me why lol). ~ https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Machete#Spirit_Weapon_Stats :smirk:

Although there are screenshots of that particular "undertaking", on a few different websites (none I'm allowed to mention here), I no longer have a spirit weapon. Why? I plead the fifth amendment. ~ That's why! :smirk: ~ I do still have a Machete, ready for an ego, or before I destroyed the old one, waiting for use in repair. ~ because it can in fact be done, but not without potions or event grade releases [with a durability of 6 or more]*.

*because a normal, non-event, Machete has 0.5 durability. ~ Making it "impossible" to gain 100% proficiency.

Here's what little proof I have left. :smirk:

51SEEJs.jpg

Machetes are repairable, though.
    You can get it to 100 prof normally, you'd just have to repair very very often.
    [Deleted User]
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You can just use a prof hammer on it ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)
    [Deleted User]Imaizumi
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Muramasa spirit has 25 crit. I'm not gonna recommend something with less than that. Crit caps at 30% but still gets reduced by prot. Higher crit helps against protection's crit reduction on everything that's not Windmill.

xDGlZl3.png

That's without any temporary buffs like overture, and without any effort made to increase my crit rate. If an enemy has enough prot to reduce my crit rate by anything near 230%, then they're just immune to damage and it doesn't matter which weapon you use.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited February 3, 2019
    You can focus on Weapons with High Max damage output instead of crit, once you get 230%+ Crit your set since not a lot of mobs even have 100 prot pts but some do at least have roughly 130 prot but that is my guess when seeing my own damage.
  • ChoCho
    Alshian wrote: »
    You can focus on Weapons with High Max damage output instead of crit, once you get 230%+ Crit your set since not a lot of mobs even have 100 prot pts but some do at least have roughly 130 prot but that is my guess when seeing my own damage.

If you have 230%+ Crit then sure, your weps crit wouldn't really matter but how much WILL and LUCK do you need for 230% though? I've got 700~ WILL and 240~ LUCK and only get 150% bare handed yet you and Ork are showing 200%+ like it's average.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

If you have 230%+ Crit then sure, your weps crit wouldn't really matter but how much WILL and LUCK do you need for 230% though? I've got 700~ WILL and 240~ LUCK and only get 150% bare handed yet you and Ork are showing 200%+ like it's average.

I have 926 Will and 581 luck

Your just missing the luck and a few Will for 200+ Crit rate bare hands.
    Imaizumi
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited February 6, 2019

980 Will and 558 Luck over here at 235% crit Bare Handed.

Edit: So you're probably missing Chains if you don't have 400+ luck is my guess.