Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dual Wield sword options

PervertedBaconPervertedBacon
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
I haven't played this game in years and am re-familiarizing myself with it. This is a very heavy dual-wield build and looks to be almost GM warrior, so I figured I might as well finish getting rank 1 everything there. What are some cost-effective swords to get for dual wielding? I've got some phoenix feather swords but they wont last very long and repairing is expensive if I remember right. Looking to do hard shadow missions for gold/quests.

Comments

• TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    For the most part anything will work, it just depends.

Battle Short Swords or flutted short swords are surprisingly good due to thier normal attack speed. This makes them super cheap Final Hit and Bash weapons.

Ideally you want to try to save for Celtic Royal Knight Swords, or Pilgrim Swords. They are really expensive though.

As long as you fully upgrade and special upgrade your weapon anything would be fine, blue upgrades can be quite nice on a budget.

Even Lord Missions and Rabbi Phantasm can be done with upgraded vendor gear, its mostly all about your stats nowadays then your weapons. Heck I heard of a guy that solo’d tech Duin stuff naked with L Rods, so if thats possible I’m sure anything can work lol
  • KrucifixKrucifix
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    When you get your warrior master talent, I'd go for Demonic Death Knight Swords. why?

Because if you spam Saga Episode 3 you can get them as a gift from the saga box, which costs you absolutely nothing.

The damage gets pretty close to CRK's, mid 90 max which isn't bad.

But the focal reason being that normal attack speed! If you're fortunate enough to get yourself an attack speed set; those demonics go from normal attack speed to fastest attack speed. The problem with the attack speed set is it has to bump a weapon's attack speed twice or it doesn't work. so those CRK's which have a fast speed, or any weapon that has an attack speed of fast or fastest for that matter, as of this moment, cannot reap the benefits.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Depends on how well economically you are. There are 3 swords sets that are feasible depending on your play style and finances.

Beginner: 222 Broadswords - These are cheap and readily available. Just about anyone can make enough money to create and maintain these swords. They also take to "repair fee modifier" enchants better because of their low maintenance costs.

Intermediate:
    Beam Swords: These swords cannot be upgraded but have really high natural max dmg (the best of which are 180 dmg), but they cannot take special upgrades which hurt their potential. However, they are a quick investment and can be abandoned if you wish to move past them fast. The repair costs are quite high if you're low level.
    Pilgrim Swords: These are fairly cheap to obtain and offer far more potential than beam swords. However they require quite a hefty investment and are generally intended for people that intend on staying in that state for quite some time. They have high repair costs so again, under leveled people will have difficulty creating, and maintaining these.

Advance:
    Celtic Royal Knight Sword: These are the best dual wielding swords and are tailor made for human dual wielding. They come with status effects that enhance bash, reduce durability loss, and increases critical damage. They have high maintenance costs and require a hefty investment to build even the base sword, and even more investments on enchants and upgrades to get them to their full potential. However, there is no further sword that's better than them, so you won't have to reinvest in another weapon even as you get stronger.