Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About mana shield's math

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
in Help
So after some thought about what will 320+ Magic attack will do after I had reached 1600+ Int for mana shield's Efficiency, Id like help to understand what this question at its accurate number without healing wands and the -10% mana cost from trinity set.

{[(Magic Attack - 2) + Mana Shield Rank Efficiency] * .004} + Mana Shield Rank Efficiency [Directly from Mabi world wiki]

Which should be like this?

( [ ( 320 - 2 ) + 1.8 ] * .004 ) + 1.8 = X [Pls correct me if I wrong]

Since I am kinda bad at math I don't have the answer to my own question, I tried to answer it but came with 3.0792 so it would be 3.0 Efficiency. Was this correct?

If its "close" than with how Efficiency works 1.0 would turn 100 damage to 100 damage but 2.0 Efficiency would turn 100 damage to 50 then would the 3.0 Efficiency turn that 100 to a 33? Another question to add with the 33 damage, with this re-balance of def/prot does that mean Efficiency is first before Mdef takes effect? Turning that 33 to 1 with 200+ mdef?

Sorry I was trying to understand how Mana shield work to great detail since well, Id be using mana shield in some situations if Mana shield turns out better than my current Def/Prot plus...I am such a nerd to fulfill my curiosity about things.

Could be useful In Tech Duinn's Geata boss with those pew pew it does. OH and final question, does mana shield reforge lose effect after 320+ Magic attack like not stack at all? I kept telling a friend it does not stack but now I am curious if that had changed as well.

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    As far as I know, you've got the math right.
    Manashield ignores all def/prot so armour isn't useful to wear with it. I think the mdef only affects magic attacks, so if the 100 damage is from thunder you'll take low damage. If you are shot by an arrow only the manashield efficiency will affect it.
    Manashield is very useful for Tech Duinn's Geata boss. Cuts the damage from 1k+ down to ~300.
    Reforge does not stack as far as the wiki says. Lv20 reforge will give 4.0 efficiency. With some math, that makes manashield reforge useless if you have more than 550 magic attack.
    Alshian
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Manashield ignores all def/prot so armour isn't useful to wear with it. I think the mdef only affects magic attacks, so if the 100 damage is from thunder you'll take low damage. If you are shot by an arrow only the manashield efficiency will affect it.
    Manashield is very useful for Tech Duinn's Geata boss. Cuts the damage from 1k+ down to ~300.
    Reforge does not stack as far as the wiki says. Lv20 reforge will give 4.0 efficiency. With some math, that makes manashield reforge useless if you have more than 550 magic attack.

Wait.... it doesn't stack...?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    jjeremy wrote: »

Oh its 500+ MATK? thanks for the info :3