Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan exams need a serious revamp

Echo83Echo83
Mabinogi Rep: 435
in Feedback and Suggestions
In it's current form Dan exams are literally RNG gold and time sinkholes. You might as well just take my gold and do a dice roll with 10% success rate and see if I pass. At least that way I dont waste time.

90% of Dan tests have nothing special about the skill you're doing. Every combat skill is literally just kill the same enemies over and over and in magic Dan it's even worse because if you get fire sprites on a fire spell Dan then you might as well quit then and there. Not to mention the BS stun lock giant ice sprites do.

These Dan tests should allow you to go in fully equipped just to make it more balanced. It's almost like they expect you to do a math test writing with your blood.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You are supposed to show off your skills in there so obviously it's going to be tough. GitGud.
  • Echo83Echo83
    Greta wrote: »
    You are supposed to show off your skills in there so obviously it's going to be tough. GitGud.

There is no amount of skill to help you when RNG is not rolling crits and the enemy has 100% crits. Your logic is highly flawed.

I challenge you to guess what number I'm thinking between 1 and 100, your odds of guessing is 1%. That's RNG in a nutshell, no amount of skill will help you here.
    Sheena
  • NeverimNeverim
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Oh, I didn't know that. Here I thought I was crap at getting anywhere near 6000.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The magic dans are actually not bad as far as dans go. The worst offender is human magnum. KR rates the dans by difficulty on one to 5 stars. Human magnum is the only skill to have a skull and cross bones on it. Also for magic dan, the crystals will cast a bolt that is the same element as the mobs it will summon. So use that to avoid elements of the same type as you.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 19, 2019
    I agree there is just too much rng involved. This is why my defense is still only dan 1. Defense dan requires a lot of situations where the mob should be in defense mode to get enough points. Every time I try I don't get enough defense modes. So I am forced to kill them with other skills which doesn't get me any points. AND YES I use defense as much as possible every time I am attacked. They need to remove the cool down for defense in that test.

>_<
    Sheena
  • TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    Yeah they need to be a LOT more forgiving. Or at least something to that effect.

The Healing and Magnum Shot Dan exams are an absolute nightmare.

I don’t understand why the times are so insainly tight and some rely on insainly derpy npc’s. It’s not even hard, just luck of the draw whether you crit enough to clear rooms quickly, or whether the chick will actually attack the stuff and not just sit there.
    Sheena
  • Echo83Echo83
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    The magic dans are actually not bad as far as dans go. The worst offender is human magnum. KR rates the dans by difficulty on one to 5 stars. Human magnum is the only skill to have a skull and cross bones on it. Also for magic dan, the crystals will cast a bolt that is the same element as the mobs it will summon. So use that to avoid elements of the same type as you.

Are those crystals color coded for the element? I'm colorblind so I am having difficulties there.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Echo83 wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Are those crystals color coded for the element? I'm colorblind so I am having difficulties there.

They aren't color coded, but they will cast the bolt of the element for the mobs that it will summon. For example the crystal that will summon fire mobs will cast firebolt, icebolt for ice mobs, and lightning bolt for lightning mobs. Since each bolt has a distinct shape, you can still tell by those.