Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Notice to Belgian Players

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 20, 2019
    Liberate wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent#Video_games
    They own Dungeon Fighter online...? What? League of Legends...? Partially own Fortnite?

I've never heard of these guys until today. :O

Yeah, they only run the Taiwan/CH versions of DFO through their QQ platform. Trying to install and play on the game is a nightmare because they would fill the installer full of sketchy bloatware. I remember having to decline 12 installations before actually installing the game itself.

This is why cross country downloads are often discouraged by companies, no matter the branch. (No liability form there.)
    tumblr_mama8e5xgV1qat9klo2_r5_250.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 20, 2019
    Hey guys just in case, I have archived this thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20190220093657/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19300/notice-to-belgian-players/p1

I'm gonna leave this link on my page too.
    Harukari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If you thought KR hated us, just wait until we encounter China - they really really hate us. Maximum prejudice.

But they do have an NA branch. Bad news, they are located in SF and not LA.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But they could end up keeping Nexon as a subsidiary. Actually I think this would be more likely the case.

https://www.giantbomb.com/tencent-games/3010-8256/published/
    "One of the biggest publishers of free-to-play online games in China, including Dungeon Fighter and ArchAge. Tencent Holdings also owns Riot Games, nearly half of Epic Games, and 12% of Activision Blizzard. Tencent is currently the world's highest-earning video game company."

They own Dungeon Fighter online...? What? League of Legends...? Partially own Fortnite?

Like Disney, Tencent is more of a media company, like Disney, but they have a much more experience in regards to video games than Disney. If Tencent takes over, of course one would have the same fears of what would happen if Disney takes over. These are huge companies that are involved in so many industries, they basically toss money around for sport. (Not that they actually do that). But they're much bigger public companies than Nexon and they actually have to satisfy investors. A benefit from these big corporations is they have the necessary marketing advantages if they find it worth investing in. Tencent like many larger Chinese companies are able to hoard up a lot of public advertising space worldwide, just look at last year's FIFA World Cup. Bought up all the electronic advert board space. As the world begin to focus more on digital products and video games are becoming a large core of entertainment, I can expect Tencent to become improved in the industry in that regards. Them having the experience in the field is a bonus as long as games don't become casualties to the evolving industry. And then you also have to worry about different regulations that governments around the world are trying to impose, such as the one in this thread. Growing conflicts to control the growing and evolving digital world could become messy in future years.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 20, 2019
    If you thought KR hated us, just wait until we encounter China - they really really hate us. Maximum prejudice.

But they do have an NA branch. Bad news, they are located in SF and not LA.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But they could end up keeping Nexon as a subsidiary. Actually I think this would be more likely the case.

https://www.giantbomb.com/tencent-games/3010-8256/published/
    "One of the biggest publishers of free-to-play online games in China, including Dungeon Fighter and ArchAge. Tencent Holdings also owns Riot Games, nearly half of Epic Games, and 12% of Activision Blizzard. Tencent is currently the world's highest-earning video game company."

Like Disney, Tencent is more of a media company, like Disney, but they have a much more experience in regards to video games than Disney. If Tencent takes over, of course one would have the same fears of what would happen if Disney takes over. These are huge companies that are involved in so many industries, they basically toss money around for sport. (Not that they actually do that). But they're much bigger public companies than Nexon and they actually have to satisfy investors. A benefit from these big corporations is they have the necessary marketing advantages if they find it worth investing in. Tencent like many larger Chinese companies are able to hoard up a lot of public advertising space worldwide, just look at last year's FIFA World Cup. Bought up all the electronic advert board space. As the world begin to focus more on digital products and video games are becoming a large core of entertainment, I can expect Tencent to become improved in the industry in that regards. Them having the experience in the field is a bonus as long as games don't become casualties to the evolving industry. And then you also have to worry about different regulations that governments around the world are trying to impose, such as the one in this thread. Growing conflicts to control the growing and evolving digital world could become messy in future years.

That is essentially the thread in a nutshell.
    Either way, this article is from five days ago.
    Long story short, Netmarble wants to keep Nexon in KR, and they want Tencent to help or whatever.
    (Because Tencent also owns them, or at least part of them.)
    We can speculate all we want, but this might be good news for the KR audience who have the physical merch shops and rights for advertising.
    "The bidding will commence on February 21, 2019." Oh snap... that's so soon!
    I admit the "Hands Off" approach they take has me worried about Mabinogi just a bit.

Joint bids sound interesting, there could be benefits of having one employing expertise in one area and the other in an another, but also gives worry of potential future conflict.
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    My main concerns are who gets US? And whats going to happen to US?
    MeorinDarkpixie99WolfsingerKaiwythSherri
  • MeorinMeorin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800

^This.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Oh boy bidding is tomorrow. I'm going to be scouring all day and then on for any new articles. If you guys find anything before me please link em. Thank you.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 20, 2019
    Oh boy bidding is tomorrow. I'm going to be scouring all day and then on for any new articles. If you guys find anything before me please link em. Thank you.

Sure thing. Just a head's up that new management isn't Mabinogi's only concern. Mabinogi is also highly dependent on anime collabs.
    Not much I want to go into, since the whole Funimation drama has been long, and is more than likely going to court. (Also way off topic.)
    If something were to happen, and Sony (Who now apparently owns Funimation) decides to shut them down, we could be looking at more difficulty with JP anime/licensing studio contracts.
    I doubt that Nexon NA would be too much affected by this drama lama, but take your suggestions and feedback threads with a grain of salt.
    Every company is in a giant pinch because it's 2019, and every customer/employee wants to sue for social slander or change the monopoly of Loot Boxes. You can live a year or two without waifu or husbando collaboration events. (If licencing problems are the case.)
    Let legal dust settle, and wait for anime contracts to play ping pong. Until then, we have G23.
    7WrumgMfC3Dck.gif
    That was just a little D&D Consequences>Actions rant of the tiny wire Mabinogi walks on.
    Please don't involve yourself in either side of the Twitter hashtags, it's not helping anyone at this point.
    (If you know what I'm talking about, that's fine. Seethe on your own time, don't drag Nexon or Vmods into the outfall with General threads.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 21, 2019

Sure thing. Just a head's up that new management isn't Mabinogi's only concern. Mabinogi is also highly dependent on anime collabs.
    Not much I want to go into, since the whole Funimation drama has been long, and is more than likely going to court. (Also way off topic.)
    If something were to happen, and Sony (Who now apparently owns Funimation) decides to shut them down, we could be looking at more difficulty with JP anime/licensing studio contracts.
    I doubt that Nexon NA would be too much affected by this drama lama, but take your suggestions and feedback threads with a grain of salt.
    Every company is in a giant pinch because it's 2019, and every customer/employee wants to sue for social slander or change the monopoly of Loot Boxes. You can live a year or two without waifu or husbando collaboration events. (If licencing problems are the case.)
    Let legal dust settle, and wait for anime contracts to play ping pong. Until then, we have G23.
    7WrumgMfC3Dck.gif
    That was just a little D&D Consequences>Actions rant of the tiny wire Mabinogi walks on.
    Please don't involve yourself in either side of the Twitter hashtags, it's not helping anyone at this point.
    (If you know what I'm talking about, that's fine. Seethe on your own time, don't drag Nexon or Vmods into the outfall with General threads.)

Did you know the UN has been trying to ban anime since 2015? There next excuse this year is because of sexualization of characters under the age 18. I mean yeah...that's true...but...I wanna watch what I wanna effing watch. Screw you UN!!!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

7WrumgMfC3Dck.gif

Did you know the UN has been trying to ban anime since 2015? There next excuse this year is because of sexualization of characters under the age 18. I mean yeah...that's true...but...I wanna watch what I wanna effing watch. Screw you UN!!!

How can you assume age in animation? Why get so worked up over fictional characters?
    This world is making less and less sense.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Greta wrote: »

How can you assume age in animation? Why get so worked up over fictional characters?

A few years ago when the internet was booming, a vocal minority of young people started screaming about their extremist views but had no real power to back it up. Responsible people with common sense just ignored it. Now we have a bunch of screwed up rich old people with tons of money and connections getting in on the action. Maybe in a few generations we'll be free of crazy old people with tons of money screwing up the world. Assuming the world survives it in any case.
    Darkpixie99Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 21, 2019
    GTCvActium wrote: »

A few years ago when the internet was booming, a vocal minority of young people started screaming about their extremist views but had no real power to back it up. Responsible people with common sense just ignored it. Now we have a bunch of screwed up rich old people with tons of money and connections getting in on the action. Maybe in a few generations we'll be free of crazy old people with tons of money screwing up the world. Assuming the world survives it in any case.

This isn't about legal moves for artwork, I'm afraid that it's far worse.
    Um... I'm kinda nervous about how Nexon will take this, but I'll put the actual problem in a spoiler.
    What is the current situation about Animegate?

FUNimation has fired a man based on an investigation into social media allegations.
    These Twitter allegations have the voice actor's supporters begging for solid evidence. (Such as video footage.)
    The voice actress continues to stir up a war between both sides. (Someone started a hashtag, she used it against the voice actor.)
    She has allegedly conspired to ruin this man's reputation with clear intent.
    (Evidence based on Twitter/Facebooks comments and Anime news media thing.)
    She has visibly threatened the voice actor's supporters, and posts on a daily basis.
    Not only are the voice actress and voice actor involved, but a storm of Twitterers, Youtubers, and the voice actress's husband.
    The voice actor in question has remained silent, consulted council, and currently approved a fundraiser to get him the lawyer he will need.

So essentially, this is more than a law against anime, it's about the voice actors/actresses behind the industry.
    (It's full blown Hollywood right now.)
    IF Japan decides that it's no longer worth the money or effort when a suit is settled, they may look at FUNimation differently.
    This could possibly mean that Japan will hold off on collaboration events in Mabinogi while they meditate on the legal outfall of a country with outrage culture.
    They could possibly decide that they simply need a break from all the paperwork, or they could cut ties from NA Anime Studios for, well... however long they want. (Honor is everything to Japan. This wasn't an honorable thing to do as representatives for the industry.)

Assuming the world survives it in any case.
    giphy-downsized-large.gif

edited February 21, 2019
    Meorin wrote: »

^This.

We're gonna build a wall... And Taxpayers WILL PAY FOR IT!
    Darkpixie99

7WrumgMfC3Dck.gif

There's usually more than what meets the eye.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/03/03/japanese-response-to-un-proposed-ban-for-media-depicting-sexual-violence-is-cogent-and-sane/#2f6cf535b3e6

After all, we're in an era of fake news and misreporting.

Let's face it, the UN is a stage for out of dated, out of touch 19th-20th Century era lobbyists who think they're looking out for everyone in the world. They'll come up with something stupid, but will in the end waste everyone's time.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 21, 2019

7WrumgMfC3Dck.gif

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/03/03/japanese-response-to-un-proposed-ban-for-media-depicting-sexual-violence-is-cogent-and-sane/#2f6cf535b3e6

Let's face it, the UN is a stage for out of dated, out of touch 19th-20th Century era lobbyists who think they're looking out for everyone in the world. They'll come up with something stupid, but will in the end waste everyone's time.

No, like I said, it's not the depictions of anime that's the 2019 problem. It's currently the represenatives of the industry, the employees.
    (Who are causing a social media uproar that could impact the entire industry as a whole.)

Um... I'm kinda nervous about how Nexon will take this, but I'll put the actual problem in a spoiler.

FUNimation has fired a man based on an investigation into social media allegations.
    These Twitter allegations have the voice actor's supporters begging for solid evidence. (Such as video footage.)
    The voice actress continues to stir up a war between both sides. (Someone started a hashtag, she used it against the voice actor.)
    She has visibly threatened the voice actor's supporters, and posts on a daily basis.
    Not only are the voice actress and voice actor involved, but a storm of Twitterers, Youtubers, and the voice actress's husband.
    The voice actor in question has remained silent, consulted council, and currently approved a fundraiser to get him the lawyer he will need.

So essentially, this is more than a law against anime, it's about the voice actors/actresses behind the industry.
    IF Japan decides that it's no longer worth the money or effort when a suit is settled, they may look at FUNimation differently.
    This could possibly mean that Japan will hold off on collaboration events in Mabinogi while they meditate on the legal outfall of a country with outrage culture.
    They could possibly decide that they simply need a break from all the paperwork, or they could cut ties from NA Anime Studios for, well... however long they want. (Honor is everything to Japan. This wasn't an honorable thing to do as representatives for the industry.)

The end result speaks for itself, really. (Current status of social media allegations.)
    hqdefault.jpg

7WrumgMfC3Dck.gif

No, like I said, it's not the depictions of anime that's the 2019 problem. It's currently the represenatives of the industry, the employees.
    (Who are causing a social media uproar that could impact the entire industry as a whole.)

The end result speaks for itself, really. (Current status of social media allegations.)
    hqdefault.jpg

Lobbyists.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 21, 2019
    Lobbyists.
    To be fair, she did bring her problems to social media, and never once the police. (Plausible slander case right here.)
    I'm not sure what social media justice in Japan is, but I doubt it would lead to a man losing his decade's lifetime of work without a conviction.
    If Japan knew about something like this, I wonder what they'd think? Could it even impact the anime relations with NA?
    (Either way, Mabinogi stands on the balancing thread with collab delays.)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 21, 2019
    *People beg for VIP Revamp, Server Merge, some other content that got lost in abyss years ago*

Nexon: Maybe...? We will think about it...

*Instead releases new gacha twice or even thrice every month*

Nexon: Now THIS IS what we are talking about!
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 21, 2019
    *People beg for VIP Revamp, Server Merge, some other content that got lost in abyss years ago*

Nexon: Maybe...? We will think about it...

*Instead releases new gacha twice or even thrice every month*

Nexon: Now THIS IS what we are talking about!

Yeah, we've discussed why this Cash Shop Model is failing. (Five pages later, and we're back on topic XD)
    qy6wabksw6zz.jpg
    9e4743d1-cfcf-4038-90da-8be01f04c2dd.jpg
    CrimsọnWolfsingerAlshianSherri