Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What a joke. I want a refund, seriously.

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited February 22, 2019 in General Chat
f30913f7cc9714787d4c2727f828fcb0.png

This just isn't acceptable. I'm normally pretty lenient with things, but this time I'm pretty pissed off. Anyone who did this gacha with the intention of receiving this item was just baited with false information and should FULLY be refunded any gacha they bought.

I've been waiting for something like the Holy eagle mask, because the eagle mask is ugly as sin. This book has an amazing design, and an amazing idle but is now next to worthless because it's only fixable using an item that is gacha exclusive, and will just shred the durability on it thus removing the point of it having an idle in the first place. I bought it as soon as the servers launched for 30m, I'd like that, and the stack of gacha I bought trying to get it refunded.

Oh yeah, I also see the messages supreme sent in the announcement chat about it being fixed, and repairable by normal means have been deleted too.
CronousLucardZeoImaizumiQAQbTwelieTheNyanCat

Comments

• LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    oh noes, now poor fashinogies have to buy repair quills to keep showing off their book reading stance....

although demanding a refund is not possible for pretty obvious reasons and a bit much....
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    edited February 22, 2019
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I've been waiting for something like the Holy eagle mask, because the eagle mask is ugly as sin.

Divine Spellbook is repairable and reforgable so you should try to craft one of those if you don't like Akule face shield, although the stats roll randomly within a certain range it's maximum* rolls are the same as the winter royal and astrologer books.
    *(if you're immensely lucky enough to get said rolls out of magic craft)

But I honestly believe ALL spellbooks should be repairable WITHOUT having to rely on the gacha-only repair quills, even if it means still using quills but making them a ducat item or craftable.
    QAQbTwelieTheNyanCatErikaoffwithyourheads
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited February 22, 2019
    Liida wrote: »
    oh noes, now poor fashinogies have to buy repair quills to keep showing off their book reading stance....

although demanding a refund is not possible for pretty obvious reasons and a bit much....

plenty of people bought it for other reason, but in a game where showing off styles is a reason some people play... Yeah it's pretty trash.

If you bought a car, drove it for 50 miles then got a call from the manufacturer that said "If you drive 1000 miles your engine will fail and isn't replaceable bye, have a nice day" would it be acceptable?
    Lutetium wrote: »
    I've been waiting for something like the Holy eagle mask, because the eagle mask is ugly as sin.

Divine Spellbook is repairable and reforgable so you should try to craft one of those if you don't like Akule face shield, although the stats roll randomly within a certain range it's maximum* rolls are the same as the winter royal and astrologer books.
    *(if you're immensely lucky enough to get said rolls out of magic craft)

But I honestly believe ALL spellbooks should be repairable WITHOUT having to rely on the gacha-only repair quills, even if it means still using quills but making them a ducat item or craftable.

Divine book is far too expensive to bother crafting when 99% of the time its worse than an eagle mask. If they make repair quills an NPC item sure, it'd probably settle down a little, but keep in mind the repair quills have a 50% success rate. If I knew the book was only repairable via quills, I wouldn't have bought any gacha, nor would I have bought one for in game gold
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    I don't really understand how they came to this conclusion when the game data itself shows the book as magic school repairable and even has the repair rate fees on there, but okay. It also has an idle animation, clearly differentiating itself from regular spell books and putting it in line with the divine book, which IS repairable by regular means.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sorath wrote: »
    I don't really understand how they came to this conclusion when the game data itself shows the book as magic school repairable and even has the repair rate fees on there, but okay. It also has an idle animation, clearly differentiating itself from regular spell books and putting it in line with the divine book, which IS repairable by regular means.

yeah it's a reskinned divine book, idk how they messed this up.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Glad i sold it when i saw this coming.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Liida wrote: »

If such repair materials were available in the Crafting system, rather than in gamble boxes, players wouldn't be complaining as much.
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    I can't believe a simple idle animation is going for that much and I doubt most people only bought the gacha for it. I think asking for a refund is a bit silly, when I first saw it I assumed it was going to be reparable only by a quill like every other book. Hopefully they update it to have other repair means or add the quill as a craftable item eventually. I wouldn't have a problem with the quills being the only repair means if they weren't gacha only.
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    I too am disappointed it cannot be repaired.
    Anyone who did this gacha with the intention of receiving this item was just baited with false information and should FULLY be refunded any gacha they bought.
    Was it advertised as repairable? not counting data mining.
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    AlexisEU wrote: »
    Anyone who did this gacha with the intention of receiving this item was just baited with false information and should FULLY be refunded any gacha they bought.

It's basically a pose item. It's a little better than a regular spell book, sure, but no one looked at this item in the gacha and thought "wow, I bet this is going to be a book with amazing stats that I have to use quills on." These gacha-themed weapon sets are created for their looks; having it be a temporary, hard-to-repair item defeats the purpose of everything we've been lead to believe so far. I'd prefer it just have mediorce/no stats at all and be repairable regularly, by far.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited February 22, 2019
    Imagine losing an expensive gacha item because you fail a book repair, which only has a 50% repair chance
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Ruinitive wrote: »
    I can't believe a simple idle animation is going for that much and I doubt most people only bought the gacha for it. I think asking for a refund is a bit silly, when I first saw it I assumed it was going to be reparable only by a quill like every other book. Hopefully they update it to have other repair means or add the quill as a craftable item eventually. I wouldn't have a problem with the quills being the only repair means if they weren't gacha only.

Barehanded stance hit 50m at one point, and twohanded hit 75m. Something significantly better than any wand off hand you can get with a sought after idle would entirely be something people gacha for. I'd still have an issue with quill being the only fix because 50% success rate, but if it was advertised as that right at the start it'd be different.
    AlexisEU wrote: »

All the other spell books say (Not repairable, or dye-able) at the end, this book doesn't which would imply that you can repair it.
    CronousGricelyImaizumiTwelieTheNyanCat
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Barehanded stance hit 50m at one point, and twohanded hit 75m. Something significantly better than any wand off hand you can get with a sought after idle would entirely be something people gacha for. I'd still have an issue with quill being the only fix because 50% success rate, but if it was advertised as that right at the start it'd be different.

Those prices are disgusting, I guess I just don't really care since I got a great idle for free for danning all my magic. And the quill only has a 50% fix? That's gross, I thought it was a 100% to just repair a point. They should just update the book to be repaired by magic shops if that's the case.
    pawcalypse
  • CronousCronous
    Mabinogi Rep: 410

Those prices are disgusting, I guess I just don't really care since I got a great idle for free for danning all my magic. And the quill only has a 50% fix? That's gross, I thought it was a 100% to just repair a point. They should just update the book to be repaired by magic shops if that's the case.

Sadly no, upon using the quill you have a 50% chance for a full repair and if you fail the repair you lose a durability point and the quill, there for needing another one to attempt 50% again.
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Doubt they will change the repair options since its up to KR and KR could care less about NA issues like this, since KR uses quills too apparently for this book. Really mad about this wish I didn't spend so much to get this book, gold lost is real.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I always assumed that all Spell Books are only repairable with those dumb Quills.
    I guess i was lucky for assuming worst. Would have never slapped 30m for an idle item wtf lol.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited February 23, 2019

Weird flex but okay. I got bored of dan magic idle.
    Greta wrote: »
    I always assumed that all Spell Books are only repairable with those dumb Quills.
    I guess i was lucky for assuming worst. Would have never slapped 30m for an idle item wtf lol.

if it was just an idle I would've spent 30m on it provided it could be repaired. I think people are forgetting that it's better than an item that costs 200m to craft at max roll on top of being an idle.
    Lucard wrote: »
    Doubt they will change the repair options since its up to KR and KR could care less about NA issues like this, since KR uses quills too apparently for this book. Really mad about this wish I didn't spend so much to get this book, gold lost is real.

not gonna lie, soon as I saw the announcement on the discord I listed mine on AH for 7m less then the next lowest and it sold almost instantly. I didn't lose anything thankfully but it's already crashed so hard
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    Repair Quills 5M ducats do it nexon D:
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    MikuV3 wrote: »
    Repair Quills 5M ducats do it nexon D:

Eh, maybe half or a third of that. XD
    GretaDarkpixie99Imaizumilethalvirus
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 23, 2019
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I knew it! Yall paid millions up the ass for NOTHING.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    DragoolfireDarkpixie99pawcalypselethalvirus