[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What a joke. I want a refund, seriously.

Comments

  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,860
    Posts: 793
    Member
    SO....when will Magic Quills return seeing that Nexon fail to give an updated book?

    For the book itself now felt far more of a rent than any item you get from a gacha by pouring loads of money on.

    It be tough seeing Nexon change the books (Because I know they likely would just leave it like many other things they had done). The least they could of had done was put magic Quills in the cash shop with a "Reasonable" price but with a 100% success in repairs.

    This was many of the list of issues I had with Nexon of old and still remain today. Those who had attempted to buy the book via gacha remember this well for the rest of the span of gacha for the next time you see something, be sure you know what your getting, if the info is not there DO NOT BUY. The last thing you want is defective unfishished outdated goods to pay likely an insane amount for.

    Nexon had already lost trust with its players but there still remain of those who still buy gacha will Nexon lose the trust of players who buy gacha next? Although not like there is much trust in the first place. The success of a game and business is under the mercy of its: Players, Fans, Fools, Backers, Trust, Money, Devs and the one who sit on top of it all...lose either of those hurts them while losing more of it leaves a blow then the rest of it...a finishing blow.

    Alas this is Nexon NA while likely Nexon KR have no trouble with it's playerbase at the homebase, they likely take us for fools with money in the pockets. It is up to you players of Mabinogi if you make a stand not spending a dime, spread word of items to avoid in gacha, on what gacha to avoid and what other games to play before they get to hooked. This game is not new player friendly and very likely to never catch up to the true requirements of our current new content in time before it becomes a ghost town when even better content comes to light with an even more unreachable goal in mind, this may not hurt many new casual players but it does for players who stuck around for fewer players dare to reach to it leaving only few surviving endgame players.

    This became off topic for me but still stand how horrible they put an outdated item into a gacha of 2019 with players who had likely spend to much for.
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 127
    Member
    edited February 24
    There are magic quills in the gacha supposedly, but I see more books dropping huge in price then quills at all, also KR has quills for ducats doubt we are getting that any time soon. The problem is you always have those whales that have so much money nothing won't hurt them and they will still keep spending those big bucks on gacha and keep the lights on for the game.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,595
    Posts: 623
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    I love how people still use the word toxic. 9dnGeIh.png

    I love how this word is only in circulation because of League of Legends when it didn't even exist until then.
  • TayloreskiTayloreski
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 401
    Member
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I love how people still use the word toxic. 9dnGeIh.png

    I love how this word is only in circulation because of League of Legends when it didn't even exist until then.

    That would be implying League of legend has done something other games havent, which is completely false... Being toxic and salty and what not is always a thing in any game. Much like a profile picture is now called a selfie, For games it was rage quitting "crying" and what not over all just being upset at the game and it changed in to this with still the old words being used as well. So please, Dont give Riot that honor for something they didnt do, the only "honor" they deserve is sexually harassing their employees.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,265
    Posts: 6,542
    Member
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Posts: 34
    Member
    yet, some how the spell books in Tarlach are still 15~50m per despite being only repairable by quills o.O;
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 27,940
    Posts: 6,118
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I knew it! Yall paid millions up the ass for NOTHING.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    giphy.gif
    Gaea wrote: »
    I love how people still use the word toxic. 9dnGeIh.png
    The poison spreads and the hand swells ;)
    That was when I poked myself in cacti last week. Toxic stuff.
    Wolfsinger
  • MaximumMaximum
    Mabinogi Rep: 405
    Post: 1
    Member
    iirc KR sells spellbook repair quills in the ducat shop, which is why none of the KR players have been complaining
    Twelie
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,450
    Posts: 941
    Member
    edited February 25
    It was 40mil for an idle animation
    People spend this much on outfits or more all the time.
    Just because you forced the belief that it could be repaired is no ones fault but your own.
    No where does it state nor advertise that it could be repaired.
    First off its a spell book and no spell book can be repaired through normal means.
    Excluding Divine Spell book it has a reason for because it cost millions to craft and need materials with low drop rates.
    Better to assume that An item from one type is the same as all the other rather than to get offended over being wrong about something and not wanting accept the loss over it.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,265
    Posts: 6,542
    Member
    pdzubs.jpg
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,805
    Posts: 1,036
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    It was 40mil for an idle animation
    1.People spend this much on outfits or more all the time.
    2.Just because you forced the belief that it could be repaired is no ones fault but your own.
    3.No where does it state nor advertise that it could be repaired.
    4.First off its a spell book and no spell book can be repaired through normal means.
    5.Excluding Divine Spell book it has a reason for because it cost millions to craft and need materials with low drop rates.
    6.Better to assume that An item from one type is the same as all the other rather than to get offended over being wrong about something and not wanting accept the loss over it.

    I guess I'll repeat this again.

    1.It's better than a max roll divine book, literally no mana granting off hand is as good as the winter spell book, it's got an idle as well as being best in slot.

    2.The book was listed on wiki as being repairable, and the wiki is usually pretty accurate when it comes to gear. It's been edited now to be correct. Also in the official mabinogi discord, supreme sent a message saying the book was bugged and couldn't be repaired at an NPC, which again would imply it's supposed to be repairable.

    3.Every other spell book has a disclaimer at the end that specifically states that it can't be repaired or dyed, the winter book doesn't have that. Implying you can repair it, and can dye it which is false as well.

    4.Except holy eagle mask, and divine spell book, which before winter book was half of the available spell books. Astro and Ladeca/others both have in their description that they can't be repaired. Eagle mask, and divine book don't have that and CAN be repaired. See where I'm going with this?

    5.Why does it being expensive to make suddenly make it an obvious exception? Maybe because it doesn't have the (Not available for repairs) at the end of it.

    6.There was 4 items of this kind, 2 could be repaired 2 couldn't. I'm not offended about being wrong, I'm offended that I was mislead. An official business looking to make money off my purchases should stick to clear and concise wording, and again an employee of said business, mentioned on an official mabinogi platform that it was bugged. This is (or should be) a trustworthy source of information. The last point is petty, but I want to restate my reason for posting this. I'm not sour over a loss, that's not the reason I posted at all, if you had read anything I said... I bought the first one listed on the Alexina auction house for 30m, as soon as katherz posted that it was intentionally not repairable I sold it for 35 on the AH. I even profited off this, so I'm not sure what loss you're talking about.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,305
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    Paid 8m for mine, got 3 repair protection pots (they do work), and 7 repair quills ready to go. I'm happy with my purchase :)
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,265
    Posts: 6,542
    Member
    edited February 26
    Least you didn't pay 35m like some of these guys. Or worse, dropped a 100 bucks trying to get it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,450
    Posts: 941
    Member
    edited February 27
    1. Astro spellbook has been around for 2 years or longer and has the same stats as this gacha book.
    Yet no one wanted them and they're drop rate was really high.
    2. Wikis are community ran platform that have no connect to an official product.
    As for the discord message its not findable in the search bar. The only mention is Katherz.
    Which was probably because someone complained that it wasn't repairable so they looked into it.
    Aka false information spread by the player base due to the fact that they're dumb thought that it was a literal reskin of the divine book. Even if the supreme posts were deleted it was probably the same thing as above.
    3. They may have the tag but it doesn't state that is repairable either.
    If people were really concerned about they would ask first. Especially how there was an announcement at 12:30/3:30pm stating that the book cannot be repaired. Like 2/3 hours after being added. People should've waited if they were that concerned about it instead of buying them within the first day/ starting hours.
    4. Eagle shield is a shield and afaik was release as a p2w spellbook as it used to be BiS.
    As for Divine spellbook its a crafted spell book that takes low drop rate expensive materials.
    If it wasn't repairable it would have been a complete waste of money and resources to even bother putting it in the game.
    5. ^
    Also the book hasn't even been out for a year making a permanent replacement would be stupid at best.
    Things like Abyss and SG replaced old content that has been around for years.
    6. There are 10 items of this kind. 8 of them cant be repaired and 2 of them can.
    You also speak of the discord as being a trustworthy and reliable source of information.
    Yet on the forums there was a post 7 days in advance showing you what was in the gachapon.
    And you didn't bother to ask the many koreans in the discord under the "unreleased content section" if the books were repairable by regular means or spell quills.
    " I even profited off this, so I'm not sure what loss you're talking about."
    Why even make the thread to begin with stating you demand a refund if you never lost anything.
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited February 27
    Opalthira wrote: »
    1. Astro spellbook has been around for 2 years or longer and has the same stats as this gacha book.
    Yet no one wanted them and they're drop rate was really high.
    2. Wikis are community ran platform that have no connect to an official product.
    As for the discord message its not findable in the search bar. The only mention is Katherz.
    Which was probably because someone complained that it wasn't repairable so they looked into it.
    Aka false information spread by the player base due to the fact that they're dumb thought that it was a literal reskin of the divine book. Even if the supreme posts were deleted it was probably the same thing as above.
    3. They may have the tag but it doesn't state that is repairable either.
    If people were really concerned about they would ask first. Especially how there was an announcement at 12:30/3:30pm stating that the book cannot be repaired. Like 2/3 hours after being added. People should've waited if they were that concerned about it instead of buying them within the first day/ starting hours.
    4. Eagle shield is a shield and afaik was release as a p2w spellbook as it used to be BiS.
    As for Divine spellbook its a crafted spell book that takes low drop rate expensive materials.
    If it wasn't repairable it would have been a complete waste of money and resources to even bother putting it in the game.
    5. ^
    Also the book hasn't even been out for a year making a permanent replacement would be stupid at best.
    Things like Abyss and SG replaced old content that has been around for years.
    6. There are 10 items of this kind. 8 of them cant be repaired and 2 of them can.
    You also speak of the discord as being a trustworthy and reliable source of information.
    Yet on the forums there was a post 7 days in advance showing you what was in the gachapon.
    And you didn't bother to ask the many koreans in the discord under the "unreleased content section" if the books were repairable by regular means or spell quills.
    " I even profited off this, so I'm not sure what loss you're talking about."
    Why even make the thread to begin with stating you demand a refund if you never lost anything.

    1. Oh wow, girlfriend. It is the duty of the business to advertise their product correctly. It is their responsibility to control for quality and make sure that item descriptions are correct and consistent. Players should not be forced to go above and beyond “just in case” Nexon made an error. Can you imagine if we had to thoroughly research every single item and harass Koreans on Discord because of the unlikely possibility that a description does not accurately reflect what it can do?

    2. Absolutely outrageous, madam.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,625
    Posts: 795
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Brooch wrote: »
    1. Oh wow, girlfriend. It is the duty of the business to advertise their product correctly. It is their responsibility to control for quality and make sure that item descriptions are correct and consistent. Players should not be forced to go above and beyond “just in case” Nexon made an error. Can you imagine if we had to thoroughly research every single item and harass Koreans on Discord because of the unlikely possibility that a description does not accurately reflect what it can do?

    Okay but where did an official Nexon employee say that the books were repairable? I only saw a few mentions of the book being repairable in the Discord from a few community members, who were then subsequently bullied and harassed out of the server once Nexon made the announcement of the books being unrepairable. Honestly the community response has made me sick, regardless of if Nexon ever did say "yeah these are repairable" or not.
    GretaBerrySwirlSebastianWolfsinger
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,080
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited February 27
    Well normally spell books have 'none repairable' tag on it...Another confusion that could have been avoided.
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited February 27
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Brooch wrote: »
    1. Oh wow, girlfriend. It is the duty of the business to advertise their product correctly. It is their responsibility to control for quality and make sure that item descriptions are correct and consistent. Players should not be forced to go above and beyond “just in case” Nexon made an error. Can you imagine if we had to thoroughly research every single item and harass Koreans on Discord because of the unlikely possibility that a description does not accurately reflect what it can do?

    Okay but where did an official Nexon employee say that the books were repairable? I only saw a few mentions of the book being repairable in the Discord from a few community members, who were then subsequently bullied and harassed out of the server once Nexon made the announcement of the books being unrepairable. Honestly the community response has made me sick, regardless of if Nexon ever did say "yeah these are repairable" or not.

    They didn't have to. I have the receipt, henny:

    -Image Removed-
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,625
    Posts: 795
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 28
    Brooch wrote: »
    They didn't have to. I have the receipt, henny:

    -Image Removed-

    Then you guys do have a right to be upset, that's my bad. The people who took it out on other community members and harassed others, however, do not have an excuse for that.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,305
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    People were actually harassing someone over a stupid book?