Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tech Duinn Elements

MeridisMeridis
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
in General Chat
While I was doing the elemental attunment quest, I noticed that the slimes never blocked damage from weapons with an element other than their own or physical. So is there defense defense based on that so I should be carrying weapons of different elements to deal with them? Also, do we know the elements of the rest of the enemies and their attacks? I'd like to know if the Geata's lasers have a specific elements so I can keep them from murdering me.

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    As far as I've been able to tell personally they're neutral to elemental gear, but you will take more damage from magic of opposing elements so that's worth considering. I believe the lasers are neutral though, as for blocking their damage you can load defense with a medium shield on any race for 75% damage reduction or a large shield on giants to take 1 damage, defense will not be canceled when the lasers hit you but the damage reduction will still apply to all of their hits. As another option you can use anchor rush for invulnerability frames to dodge the lasers or use doppleganger on the geata (though only once since it requires kills to use again) as it also provides iframes, the geata always has an animation indicating it's about to fire off the lasers so it's fairly simple to time your anchor rushes.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I've never picked up on those ques and don't typically use shields so I didn't notice. I'll keep an eye out to try and get a sense for what it's about to do when I fight it from now on. In the meantime, I guess I gotta go back to bashing with a sword and shield.

How about Balor and the other guy? Anything that I should know for dealing with them?