Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Goodbye Mabinogi Mobile; say hello to AxE!

DraechDraech
Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
edited March 3, 2019 in Town Square
So you guys know how Mabinogi Heroes became Vindictus? I think Nexon did it again.

Mabinogi Mobile was supposed to be a new mobile MMO that remade Mabinogi in a cell-shaded design with simplified mechanics.

Alliance vs Empire (AxE) is Nexon's newest mobile MMO. The HUD looks almost identical to what Mabi Mobile was supposed to look like (check screenshots on the Google Play page). Moreover, the story sounds oddly familiar:
From the website:
Thousands of years ago two gods battled to seize control of the world.
Their war raged across the land for countless years until finally, they sealed themselves away.
As time passed, their followers divided into the Galanos Alliance and Darkhann Empire – the Empire wishes to resurrect the gods to restore peace, but the Alliance believes that such actions would inevitably unleash chaos onto the land again.
This difference in ideals led the two great nations to clash and the victor will decide the fate of the world.
Basically, a reskinned Saga: the Cessair want to revive the Gods (or Macha, specifically), and the Milletian and their militia (Dowra/Maike and their troupe) want to stop them.

And finally, look at the map on the game's website. Remove the Slag and that crescent-shaped isle, and that's Iria.

Is it just me?
Darkpixie99

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    OH BOY NA YEAH WASTE MORE MONEY ON MOBILE GAMING THAT WILL FRY OUR PHONES BATTERIES.

This game will shut down within 6 months.
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerDarkpixie99VeylaineNogimabi
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Gaea wrote: »
    OH BOY NA YEAH WASTE MORE MONEY ON MOBILE GAMING THAT WILL FRY OUR PHONES BATTERIES.

This game will shut down within 6 months.

What is it, some League wannabe? MOBAs tend to be fancy in design, but are flat in reality.
    I doubt it'll live up to the hype. Nexon's off the popularity charts anyways, so your prediction makes sense.

"Thousands of years ago two gods battled to seize control of the world."
    Says literally every game ever.
    "Their war raged across the land for countless years until finally, they sealed themselves away."
    Says every story ever.
    "As time passed, their followers divided- this difference in ideals led the two great nations to clash."
    And now you're just copying everything ever created.

Minus points for original story creation, Nexon. This generation needs a new way of being told plot points.
    It's gotten stale, to be honest.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Draech wrote: »
    Basically, a reskinned Saga: the Cessair want to revive the Gods (or Macha, specifically), and the Milletian and their militia (Dowra/Maike and their troupe) want to stop them.

Actually in The Saga: Iria (both seasons), the Cessair were not trying to revive the gods, let alone Macha. Their intent was quite the opposite.

That's not exactly the topic of this thread, though, so I'll just leave it at that.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    When I first saw AxE, it reminded me of something. After a day, it came to remind me of shampoo and deodorizers.
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    After the Diablo Immortal backlash mobile gaming in general has taken a plunge. It's a freaking waste of money, it will fail and more NA staff will lose their jobs.

Stop wasting money Nexon. :|
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited March 6, 2019
    REALLY?!?! Mabinogi 2 was canceled only so mabinogi for mobile and now this Alliance vs Empire games could be made?!

Here you can see my stages of emotions about the devs choices ever since: Mabinogi 2 was announced, then canceled, then mabinogi for mobile appeared and finally AxE appeared...

56d.gif

What a waste of money, time and potential.
    AxE isn't that new. It's been around since 2017, but limited to Korea at the time.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    AxE isn't that new. It's been around since 2017, but limited to Korea at the time.

I'd imagine that KR has plenty of MOBAs already, and it's likely not popular enough to warrant a global release.

I'd imagine that KR has plenty of MOBAs already, and it's likely not popular enough to warrant a global release.

The only mobile game that seems to have stayed online over the years is DomiNations.
    Darkpixie99
  • XxBearslayerxXXxBearslayerxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    We have been betrayed!
    We have been betrayed!

Every loyalty has a price.
    WolfsingerDarkpixie99
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Mabi Mobile looked good, guess nexon said otherwise.

To much realistic looking games and not enough anime...I miss seeing good art style games that is not tied to looking freakishly realistic.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Alshian wrote: »

To much realistic looking games and not enough anime...I miss seeing good art style games that is not tied to looking freakishly realistic.

I don't think the problem is the amount of anime games, but the amount of good ones. There's actually quite a lot of anime games out there, especially for PS Vita owners. The problem is the market's saturated with "a teen discovers he has a hidden power, is surrounded by a harem"-kind of games full of bad jokes, uninteresting dialogue and so-so gameplay. Games like Tokyo Xanadu, A.W. Phoenix Festa, and all SAO and Fate/Extella games ruin the image of the anime game genre, where the good ones (Tales of, Danganronpa, Valkyria Chronicles) suffer from this bad representation of what anime games are.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited April 7, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »

I don't think the problem is the amount of anime games, but the amount of good ones. There's actually quite a lot of anime games out there, especially for PS Vita owners. The problem is the market's saturated with "a teen discovers he has a hidden power, is surrounded by a harem"-kind of games full of bad jokes, uninteresting dialogue and so-so gameplay. Games like Tokyo Xanadu, A.W. Phoenix Festa, and all SAO and Fate/Extella games ruin the image of the anime game genre, where the good ones (Tales of, Danganronpa, Valkyria Chronicles) suffer from this bad representation of what anime games are.

Sad, they don't see it as art style but see it as a label that all anime is all about sexually frustrated teens with awakened powers with a happy harem ending...

I do like to see less games like those lol. Which is why Id like to see games that would not have anime misunderstood to be just some linear game of boy meets girl or harem foolishness but an art style that creators can go wild with imagination to create a true story driven masterpiece of self made image with colorful work of art to give characters and the world life! That is the beauty of Anime!, where artist not needing to make to intensive graphics but clean and simple enough to look beautiful in it's own right untouched to look "realistic" while encouraging imagination for others to give art a try to bring a character or the world to life with making it into a game, to raise a franchise! As well as using up less CPU mind you.

Just be sure to make it fun or its only a game with looks and story but with not enough in depth impact to do it justice with gameplay experience. Would have to just stick to visual novels or manga.

But alas only few good enough exist while one by one reaching its closing end by greed, run by poor flexible plan to keep it alive and enough love for there own creations only to be seen as dollar bills as players to be expendable cows milked dry to lose trust forever.

To hear from them, "Its just business." With no compassion at all with them mere words. To my dismay this is what reality felt like...

But oh wells!~
    Draech
  • raybladerrayblader
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Old thread but this keeps coming up in search when looking for mabi mobile info so
    https://devcat.com/

Still in recruitment phase typically games that go into G-Star are either releasing same year or a year or two down so still likely a 2020 release as some suspected.

myself kinda eager because its a cool art style and a re-imagining of a favorite game.
    rayblader wrote: »
    Old thread but this keeps coming up in search when looking for mabi mobile info so
    https://devcat.com/

Still in recruitment phase typically games that go into G-Star are either releasing same year or a year or two down so still likely a 2020 release as some suspected.

myself kinda eager because its a cool art style and a re-imagining of a favorite game.

One would have to keep a close eye on developments based off recent events with Nexon.