Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dye picker

SoraiteSoraite
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
edited March 8, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
This probably won't be implemented unless the staff thinks it's a good idea & they mention it to KR's team, but i was wondering if you guys could implement a system where we could pick an outfit's dye off to turn it into a dye ampoule for use. I have had many times where a color i wanted on an outfit would go to waste, especially because my blue is from a gacha dye set (Merlin) that hasn't come back in the market for months (maybe even a year by now). An old outfit i don't wear with my rare color rots away in my wardrobe because i don't want to sell off my color, and any new outfits I have can't be dyed in my blue because there's physically none in the market anymore. I've been dying my clothes in random bluish grays now but they don't even match anymore :^)

Or how about releasing all the dye sets in game permanently for in-game currency pls&ty
  1. Waow!! A dye picker!!8 votes
    1. You're a genius!!
       100% (8 votes)
    2. Stupid idea!!
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• SoraiteSoraite
    now that i think about it, they would probably make it an nexon sold item- but i wouldn't really mind that tbh....
  • Mkoch99Mkoch99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    A way to be able to make dyes of a specific color would be cool, but it would have to be a little hard to do just so the dye market isn't killed by making pures easy to obtain
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 10, 2019
    Mkoch99 wrote: »
    A way to be able to make dyes of a specific color would be cool, but it would have to be a little hard to do just so the dye market isn't killed by making pures easy to obtain

It's not about making "pures" it's about us selecting whatever damn shade or hue we want. If it comes at a price to support the game, then so be it! I bet this profit model could actually be WAY more beneficial to the game than just random LIMITED bs.

I want to be able to create and use true crimson dyes and not BLOODSHOT NEON REDS. I want to be able to TAILOR my dyes to create some really awesome contrasting hues for outfits NOT DICTATED BY WHAT THEY PROVIDE FOR US. If it costs Nx per use to determine these hues then so be it. It will more than likely support the game BETTER THAN GACHA (which will be banned eventually).

wLT4o.png

Make it cost 1 buck a per shot to create a CUSTOM dye with no RNG! I PROMISE YOU IT WILL PROFIT AND SUPPORT THE GAME.

@Katherz
    LutetiumGretaDarkpixie99KaiwythSebastianTHICCthighssavelivesSoraite
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I would not mind having the option to pay at least triple the value of average dyes to get the absolute color of my likings.

Hiding things behind RNG is evil, unless they give us the option to pay more for absolute color.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Alshian wrote: »
    I would not mind having the option to pay at least triple the value of average dyes to get the absolute color of my likings.

Hiding things behind RNG is evil, unless they give us the option to pay more for absolute color.

Oh, not to mention Belgium confirmed that the RNG is promoting illegal gambling.
    So yeah. Happy free product ideas, Nexon.

75547315.jpg
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Dye Making skill, January 2020.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    From a gaming point of view it's a great idea. I mean why not; the homestead dye wells have dropped dyes to like 10% what they were before. But from a logical point of view you can't lift dyes off clothes (unless you mix colors and whites in your wash).

A dye making skill sounds interesting. Add that with that perfume making skill on the overseas servers and you might have the basis for a new talent.
    Soraite
  • SoraiteSoraite
    i wasn't expecting this many people to agree hehe. Thank you guys for your inputs :^)