Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mana Crystallization Revamp(?)

lucifernlucifern
Mabinogi Rep: 700
edited March 9, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
So currently we all know that mana crystallization is useless
we can only make int magic crystals and the dmg of those are pretty low

I think the use of magic crystals could be a unique alch feature and differ from the magic system a bit.
So the idea would be Alch Grenades

Instead of charging int magic to make int magic crystals you produce elemental magic (or in this case alch) bombs (grenades).
They are still categorized as fire, ice and lightning and would have different effects.
Additionally, all those bombs can be charged to 5 to increase the effect. (not too sure if chain cylinder should affect this)
The charge speed, amount, dmg and effect would also depend on magic crystallization ranks

Fire (explosive bomb): upon hit would create an explosion similar to fireball but a smaller range and causes a burn region (similar to meteor) which deals dmg over time. The explosion range, dmg and burn range, dmg would increase based on the number of charges and alch skills ranks.
Highest dmg of all 3 bombs.

Ice (freeze bomb): basically a throwable ice mine but you can hit enemies when they are frozen and forzen enemies would have their prot and magic prot reduced. freeze duration and explosion range increased with charge and alch skill ranks.
Focuses on control and prot reduction

Lightning (Flashbang): Creates a flash and knocks down enemies ( similar to those flashbangs in Rabbie phantasm looks-wise). Enemies will be blinded for a short duration (up to 5 secs), will be dazed for a short duration (10-20 secs) and will have reduced movement speed (10-20secs).
Throw range and knockdown range increased with skill rank, blind,daze and speed reduce slightly increase over the ranks.
flash range increased slightly with charge.
Focuses on target distance ( can be thrown from far away) and utility.

The blind and freeze effect have restrictions similar to sandburst and will have a hidden cooldown before they can be applied again by any player. Instead of blind or freezing the bombs would cause further movement speed reduction during the cooldown.

I would imagine something similar to rock throw or smokescreen
where you would either select a target as the centre of explosion or just throw it onto the ground and create an area effect.

AlexLightTolnaTHICCthighssavelivesskpkion

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 10, 2019
    Honestly, all Construct Alchemist skills should be revamped asap. They are irrelevant, inconvenient and requirements for them are ridiculous.
    AlexLight
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Alchemist need buff and re-tweaked for it to be viable as well as situational use.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Do we lob these bombs/grenades with our hands or launch them with our cylinders?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I want to see more items made with the mana crystals if anything. I had an idea previously where you could summon one of those magic casting crystals similar to the summon golem skill, except its immobile. I'd also like to see more mana crystal series mines, so fireball is damage, thunder shocks and stuns. But yeah, the idea behind them is amazing, its int magic condensed into a crystal that you can use, there is so much you could do that just that concept.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Also this.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    I had some Mana Crystallization related ideas in my old alchemy thread, if anyone cares to see.