Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doki Doki is just another AFK fish event. Great!

GretaGreta
Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
in General Chat
We get a new daily quest which requires you to fish up this Pink Starfish and it's apparently a really rare one. I always remembered this event as tedious, boring and lots of people afking around doing their thing or actually nothing. Some people kept defending it as a really good "non-afk" event, but sadly, i don't see that, especially when we get a DAILY quest like this. I really don't want to be forced to fish daily for several or more hours to get a SINGLE task done. You are nuts Nexon lol.
TwelieHelsa

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    It is always an afk event, I don't see why people LOVE it.
    GretaAeolys
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    It has a nice atmosphere, good rewards, and there is a mix of activities and afk. The event does a good job of seeming like, well, an event. Something going on in the world to be excited about. I would say that is why people like it.
    Policroma
  • GretaGreta
    It has a nice atmosphere, good rewards, and there is a mix of activities and afk. The event does a good job of seeming like, well, an event. Something going on in the world to be excited about. I would say that is why people like it.

More like an every event that Nexon makes, but this time it's in "Cute! uwu" atmosphere where you can do some "uwu's and owo's" with your significant other and these are the only reasons why this event got so overrated. :D
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I'm only after the fish to make them into meals
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawnpawcalypse
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Simply dont do it if youre tired of afk events. i personally enjoy it mainly cause i love the island itself.
    pawcalypse
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I just love the atmosphere of the island. Honestly I wish it were permanent. So if it can't be, I'll just enjoy it when I can.
    HarukariWolfandWolfWolfsingerTweliepawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 14, 2019
    It is like Soviet Russia. Normally, you AFK in a place because you look pretty to others, but in Soviet Doki Doki, you AFK in a place because it looks PRETTY TO YOU!
    nevyn25
    Greta wrote: »

More like an every event that Nexon makes, but this time it's in "Cute! uwu" atmosphere where you can do some "uwu's and owo's" with your significant other and these are the only reasons why this event got so overrated. :D

Next year, we should change Doki Doki Island to Netorare Island, where instead of trying to partner up with your soul mate, you try to have an affair and steal other people's soulmates.

What is this point of this suggestion, you ask?

05180ae93839286884070f19dd494ba593f38.jpg?v=3
    GretaWolfsingerTweliepawcalypse
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I like it for the atmosphere mostly, admittedly, since for some reason talking to people is so hard for me XD
    I am also the kind of person who finds some bizarre peace in gathering and stuff, so....
    Though it was kinda funny having someone if I was a "slave alt" because I shared my gathered hoard of silvervine fruit with them XDD
    We get a new daily quest which requires you to fish up this Pink Starfish and it's apparently a really rare one.

Tbh if I didn't hear about someone getting one earlier today, I would believe the darn thing was a myth at this point. Literally been fishing over 5 hours now XDD
    Gathering silvervine is easy in comparison to this.
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 15, 2019
    This is ridiculous. I just want to like this event, but i can't because of these dumb tasks... I was actually prepared to farm and get new flight, title, maybe these cute pets and the outfit. Guess my chances of obtaining more prizes becomes impossible now. Probably i will be able only to get a flight.
    Helsa
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited March 15, 2019
    Everyone: Bring back Doki Doki!
    Nexon: Brings back Doki Doki
    Everyone: Ugh Doki Doki sucks

They can't win. Smh guys. Next to nothing has changed in this event and y'all acting brand new. They even gave us a neat way to get whatever dyes we want.
    PolicromaSkyahri
    edited March 15, 2019
    Sebastian wrote: »

Dear gosh, I loathe this type of argument. I see it bleeping everywhere.

Alright, here goes...erhm, the same people who ask for this or that are not necessarily the same individuals who criticize this or that.
    Twelie
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 15, 2019

They can't win. Smh guys. Next to nothing has changed in this event and y'all acting brand new. They even gave us a neat way to get whatever dyes we want.

I guess i'm not everyone. I was against Doki Doki coming back. I was saying no even few months ago.

Also, can someone explain me how this Dye Event work? Is it also one time per day or more? I only collected random ingredients in the mini-game, used dye on hanging cloth and that's pretty much all. Didn't get any dyes at all.
    Helsa
  • Mkoch99Mkoch99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    Doki doki should just be a location you can go to from your character tab like Festia.
    ookie
  • HwanHwan
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    edited March 15, 2019
    Also, can someone explain me how this Dye Event work? Is it also one time per day or more? I only collected random ingredients in the mini-game, used dye on hanging cloth and that's pretty much all. Didn't get any dyes at all.

After the timer on the mini-game is finished, you have to click on either the normal Dye Ampoule icon or the Metal Dye Ampoule icon at the bottom right in order to receive the corresponding dye of your choice. You can only receive one dye per real life day. The dyes are Event tagged, so they're non-tradeable.
  • AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    This is ridiculous. I just want to like this event, but i can't because of these dumb tasks... I was actually prepared to farm and get new flight, title, maybe these cute pets and the outfit. Guess my chances of obtaining more prizes becomes impossible now. Probably i will be able only to get a flight.

what are you talking about? you never did dokidoki before? it always been a farming event, dont like it? dont do it.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    I am one of the people who wanted doki doki back, and im glad its back. I have been wanting to do this "afk event" for years since I missed getting the flight the first time it came around. Yeah the game needs less afk events but this one isn't even purely an afk event. If you really want to do the fishing quest plenty of people are dropping their fish on the ground while trying to catch a pink starfish so you can loot them. Otherwise there is metalurgy if you just want a chance at more cats paws which requires more active attention. As for the matchmaking thing, you don't need to be at doki doki island for that to go up, and you can farm boombox minigame if you want to speed things up. A lot of newbies have joined since the last time the event was around and more still that didn't even get to do it last time which was years ago. You know how frustrating it is to see all your buddies flying around in tir without having to worry about a pet timer?

That said people complaining should be a surprise to nobody, humans love to focus on the negative. How often do YOU create threads praising something, now think about how often you come to the forums to complain. Further still think about how many times your praise is in retaliation to someone's complaints like this very post for instance.
    Policroma
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I guess i'm not everyone. I was against Doki Doki coming back. I was saying no even few months ago.

You are not everyone, You are Greta and only Greta. :)
    VeylaineWolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 15, 2019
    You don't even really need to fish.
    The Cat's Paws are bank tradeable, and Doki Doki isn't a character selection event, so just go on one character, gather enough potatoes (or potatoes and silvervine, if you can stand the silvervine respawning and crowding) for all of your account's characters, then hop on them and have them give the potatoes to Wenger every day.

Depending on how many characters your account has, that'd be a lot of extra Cat's Paws per day, enough to let you ignore fishing.

Also @Greta for the dye event, once you complete the minigame, whether you collect a dye bottle for the hanging cloth or not, you can also decide if this shade of color you've made is good for you, and then click either the metal dye or regular dye ampoule button in the lower right of the minigame window.
    This will let you get your daily fixed, and it'll be the same color as you made in the minigame.
    edited March 15, 2019

You are not everyone, You are Greta and only Greta. :)

If only everyone else was Greta. Then the world couldn't be any more beautiful.