Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Point of All Skill Reset Capsules

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in Help
What exactly is the point of All Skill Reset Capsules anyway if we gain ap a ton of different ways?

Comments

• FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Hardmuscle Hate to say it, but that made no sense.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Hardmuscle And cause you to run out of memory or auto-close mabi.
    [Deleted User]
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't all skill reset caps be more use to true end-game players who want to specialize in a specific set of skills.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Hardmuscle Yeah it does, but you have to take into consideration what all the reset cap has to do in a short span of time, that is not easy on any system, though I did notice one thing, both times I've used an all skill reset cap, both being untradable and can't be dropped (Yet the tradable ones can for some dumb reason), once that caused an out of memory, then a second time, the auto-close, with less skills to derank... It uses less memory the less skills it has to derank.
    [Deleted User]
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Hardmuscle Now ya gonna give people ideas.
    [Deleted User]
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Yeah, & the downside is, you need a video of it happening for them to even look into it., which unless ya using Fraps, or another software, you can't show it happening to you, since it runs out of memory or auto-closes Mabi, which makes the in-game video recording feature useless in this case.
    [Deleted User]
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    Another reason people find them useful is for training specific skill sets. As stated before by Hardmuscle, one could derank whole skillsets they no longer use and reallocate the AP. However, another use for it is for training skills others cannot easily do so anymore due to Skill CP. Resetting all skills resets ones CP so they can micromanage the skills they are training to get the CP requirements done easier.
    [Deleted User]
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    As Nasumi stated, that's one of the best usage for it. I've used quite a bit myself.

- To train CP heavy skills.
    - To gain back 'Trash' AP. Which is AP that you wasted on certain skills you don't use/benefit you
    - To Change your main talent.

Personally, I've used it to keep the game fun. Unfortunately, I spend way more AP than I gain. So I order to rank things I want to rank, I derank whole skill sets to have the AP for it.

• MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,845
    The Reset Capsule is used to regain AP back.

Usually people with spread out character tends (spread out character aka people who train different skills sets and their damage potential decreases) to use these capsules so that they can focus on 1 skill set at a time.

People also use these capsules to train other skills derank them and get the ap back to train other skill sets that they haven't touched yet.

This capsule is also handy for people who have high CP and cannot afford RC accesories which go for around 30m (in the Mari sever). So instead of spending 60m on RC accesories, they can spend 500k-1m on these capsules to lose CP temporarily to train the skills that they didn't finish yet.

Sidenote: When you use these capsules you do not lose your Grandmaster talent you just need to rerank the skills that goes toward that GM talent in order to regain your GM talent. (hopefully this makes sense) :)