Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Harvest Song for Doki Doki Fishing?

YukiLoveYuYukiLoveYu
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in General Chat
I hear from people saying that Harvest Song help with catch rate/Not helping with catch rate of Fishing before, and I was wondering- does Harvest Song really help with Fishing in any way? (Bite Rate/Auto-Fish Success Rate/Quality)
Thanks for taking the time to read!

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    YukiLoveYu wrote: »
    I hear from people saying that Harvest Song help with catch rate/Not helping with catch rate of Fishing before, and I was wondering- does Harvest Song really help with Fishing in any way? (Bite Rate/Auto-Fish Success Rate/Quality)
    Thanks for taking the time to read!

As much as avoiding dead end chests in dungeons improves the drop rate of rare and valuable items for the end of dungeon chests.
    GretaTwelieLidrster
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited March 17, 2019
    Actually while we're on this topic, what DOES improve, in any way, shape or form, the odds of fishing? Or at least a possibility of raising odds of automatic fishing success? I've heard a couple things but nothing concrete,
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 17, 2019
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Actually while we're on this topic, what DOES improve, in any way, shape or form, the odds of fishing? Or at least a possibility of raising odds of automatic fishing success? I've heard a couple things but nothing concrete,

Rank of Fishing skill.
    Reforges pertaining to success rate (probably not worth going for this, but if you get Lv2 may as well use it)
    2nd Titles that affect automatic fishing success (SAO Nishida, Ice Fisher, etc) (VERY noticeable boost)
    Adonis set effect for Fishing Enhancement. (nowhere near as effective as 2nd title)
    Rain (actual weather, don't bother with Rain Casting, effect is small anyways.)
    Fishing Chairs (decent boost)

From what I've noticed, r1 Fishing, an appropriate 2nd Title, and a Fishing Chair seem to be enough for 100% auto-fishing success rate.
    YukiLoveYu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Rank of Fishing skill.
    Reforges pertaining to success rate (probably not worth going for this, but if you get Lv2 may as well use it)
    2nd Titles that affect automatic fishing success (SAO Nishida, Ice Fisher, etc) (VERY noticeable boost)
    Adonis set effect for Fishing Enhancement. (nowhere near as effective as 2nd title)

From what I've noticed, r1 Fishing, an appropriate 2nd Title, and a Fishing Chair seem to be enough for 100% auto-fishing success rate.

This. Harvest song does nothing for fishing.
    YukiLoveYu
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Rank of Fishing skill.

Huh, those chairs boost success chance? Dang, okay, I'm sold XD
    Thanks!
    Imaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    r1 Fishing and a good fishing 2nd title is enough to never fail auto fishing. Chairs are useless, it only takes away your inventory space and wasted trips for repairs.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Does the effect from fishing chairs stack with the reforge effects of an equipped fishing pole?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    The ice pole 2nd title felt like a 100% for me with rank1...

I don't ever fail fishing with it :/