Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New facial cosmetics missing highlight

DaktaroDaktaro
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
edited March 22, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
All of the facial cosmetic options that require a beauty coupon to use are missing their highlight (including the ones from previous beauty gacha, not just the current one). The older options that you can apply for free or with pon don't have this issue.
It makes the face look flat compared to the rest of the skin on the body, which has highlight and shadow together.

The new cosmetics should just be added on without removing the highlight from the face, like the elf henna seen in example 4 below.
All pictures in each example are taken with the same skin colour selected and within seconds of each other, so the issue isn't the time of day.

Example 1:
djtpFgI.png

Example 2:
Vn1RpoD.png

Example 3:
hSq3WtN.png

Example 4:
FxYZDJJ.png

It's hardly noticeable in direct light but shows up clearly when facing away from the light source, as seen here:
mjrC7Kd.png

Example at night:
wAxVqiz.png

IGN: Daktaro
Server: Alexina

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    To be honest, i hate the old styles. The nose looks too pointy.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I am fine with the lack of highlights, to be honest its the reason I had one of the "old" new faces to get rid of the highlight as an elf since elve's highlight is more intense compared to giants and humans.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    fair enough
    to me it's the opposite. imo the new ones look weird since the rest of the body has the highlight but the face does not, and without it the nose also blends into the face.