Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

April fools

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited April 1, 2019 in General Chat
April fools is over. Hope everyone had fun.
LeineiSakura2503VeylaineHelsa

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I try my best to avoid the day in general. But I look forward to the Mabi events that day.
    But boy, did that house get me good.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 29, 2019
    I try my best to avoid the day in general. But I look forward to the Mabi events that day.

Yeah it got a lot of people good, and I remember all those sour players. "Nexon NEVER EVER gives us ANYTHING good for FREEEEEEE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Those players make that day the most entertaining part to be honest. But I think a little education is in order, a little awareness you know? Yeah? lol. Because after a while it gets ugly.

tenor.gif?itemid=5809487
    LeineiHelsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 29, 2019
    They literally had a screenshot of the given item... Smh. And the date just screamed that the item will be a prank/joke one.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »

Yeah it got a lot of people good, and I remember all those sour players. "Nexon NEVER EVER gives us ANYTHING good for FREEEEEEE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Those players make that day the most entertaining part to be honest. But I think a little education is in order, a little awareness you know? Yeah? lol. Because after a while it gets ugly.

tenor.gif?itemid=5809487

I think the house one got me because I tend to avoid/ignore the day that I forgot that it was coming up.
    But I should be ready for any incoming jokes now, even if they have a sudden maint that traps everyone in a shadow realm Doki Doki island.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    They literally had a screenshot of the given item... Smh. And the date just screamed that the item will be a prank/joke one.

We can only try. smhlol.

200.gif
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerHelsa
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I remember when some individuals were upset last year.

Yet, everyone else wonders why I get a bit psycho regarding humanity and its faults.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Instead of having all our characters turned to monsters what if they were all gone? :B
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Alshian wrote: »
    Instead of having all our characters turned to monsters what if they were all gone? :B

now calm down there satan, let's not cause a mass panic
    as for my fav april fools prank, that would be the alban inception event
    WolfsingerCrimsọn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »

now calm down there satan, let's not cause a mass panic
    as for my fav april fools prank, that would be the alban inception event

Sorry, I is tough to harness the inner evil when it comes to pranking geehee...
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    So basically I should have my popcorn ready.
    Well, that's something to look forward to.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I still crack up laughing when I think about how salty people got last year because they didn't read the date. It was super hilarious watching people throw little hissy fits for falling for a Harmless April fools prank.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I still crack up laughing when I think about how salty people got last year because they didn't read the date. It was super hilarious watching people throw little hissy fits for falling for a Harmless April fools prank.

And then when we explained it to them they still didn't care! XD
    Helsa
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I heard that Mabinogi is going Free-to-Play on April 1st.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I heard that Mabinogi is going Free-to-Play on April 1st.

tenor.gif?itemid=4820446
    WolfsingerLeineiSylviaWolfeHelsa
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 30, 2019
    I think my favorite april fool's event was the one with the alban knights and squires, or the one with the ferghus wings because it involved more than just a short cutscene on login :P also I think we got a title from the squire/knight one an we got temp silly wings from Ferghus

I also liked the 10x monster experience one because it ended up actually being real XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think my favorite april fool's event was the one with the alban knights and squires, or the one with the ferghus wings because it involved more than just a short cutscene on login :P also I think we got a title from the squire/knight one an we got temp silly wings from Ferghus

I also liked the 10x monster experience one because it ended up actually being real XD

I have to say that the garbage wings was the best. Back then people were kinda still crazy for wings I guess. So when people went through the trouble and got those wings they raged when they found out that they were temporary. Freaking garbage wings! Lol!
    Helsa
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 30, 2019
    Those garbage wings were the stuff of nightmares (there was a cat's paw!).

Also, Gaea, I was about to make one of these threads, but you beat me to it! I know it kind of takes the fun out of the trickery though, so I wasn't sure if I should, but at least forumgoers can't really complain so much.

Anyway, Nexon has given us a bunch of really nice pets lately so people should really dial back on the 'Nexon never gives us anything!' bit. =T

Gonna be honest though. My favorite was the free house one.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 30, 2019
    They should add all April Fools Events we had in the past at once for ultimate cringefest and trolling.
    But this time make Ferghus Amazing Wings as permanent reward.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 30, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »

Also, Gaea, I was about to make one of these threads, but you beat me to it! I know it kind of takes the fun out of the trickery though, so I wasn't sure if I should, but at least forumgoers can't really complain so much.

Anyway, Nexon has given us a bunch of really nice pets lately so people should really dial back on the 'Nexon never gives us anything!' bit. =T

You know what's awesome? Somehow I knew you were going to but I purposely beat you to it last night. I thought about it and then thought of you and was like, this is happening. lol.

You're right, the dye event has been a godsend. Best gift ever. EVER. hue.

w3IL3q7.gif
    This animation took way too much effort in photoshop.
    WolfsingerHelsa
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

You know what's awesome? Somehow I knew you were going to but I purposely beat you to it last night. I thought about it and then thought of you and was like, this is happening. lol.

You're right, the dye event has been a godsend. Best gift ever. EVER. hue.

w3IL3q7.gif
    This animation took way too much effort in photoshop.

That's cool. Unfortunately, the first I saw of this was this morning (Saturday). Had a late shift last night and then and early one this morning. Lovely combination, I know.
    Kensamaofmari
This discussion has been closed.