Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Elf Update?

Zero2021Zero2021
Mabinogi Rep: 640
edited April 11, 2019 in General Chat
I reaaaallly thought the next update I'd see would be an elf update. Like add dual wield for them, they're elves with high dexterity after all!!! Not to mention so many weapons and outfits are exclusive to humans/giants. Now we have two giant updates in a row (though I'll admit they did need at least one big update).

Who else thinks the elves need some love and updatin' here?!
AloseraAlexLightFreakoutcastSherri
  1. Update for the elves??72 votes
    1. Heck yeah, elves need powah too yo!
       49% (35 votes)
    2. Na'ah, you're the archery masters, quit whining!
       28% (20 votes)
    3. "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."
       24% (17 votes)

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Id like to see an update of having many outfits that elves can't use able to be used.

As for things like skills and talents, nothing much really. Maybe a type of weapon or skill for dodging.
    AloseraImaizumi
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited April 11, 2019
    at first I thought maybe some re-calibrating was needed so elves who didn't want to focus on archery and/or didn't want to spend tons of gold and/or money to get gear to make archery really monstrous, but after chains came out it doesn't seem as pressing as it used to be imo.

Dex now being a really good stat thats just not for mostly archery anymore. probably just in the camp of "no strong feelings"

EDIT: somewhat of contrast what i think really needs to be revamped are talents rather than races.
    BronzebreakGreat_Elf_the_GreyTheOthicImaizumistarkiller1286TiramisugoiSherri
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I don't play an elf, but I still think final shot needs revamped. Now that giants have a good final skill, elves deserve one too. :'(
    SweetMelodyMelmiiAloseraAlexLightChaosShadowJiantoFreakoutcastTiramisugoiSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Elf update
    Memory tower will be rebuilt
    TheOthicLialinSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Ladame wrote: »
    I don't play an elf, but I still think final shot needs revamped. Now that giants have a good final skill, elves deserve one too. :'(

We can stack it with Light of Ladeca, and by default have a 500% multiplier that comes with magnum spam. There's no need for us to have that buffed.

If anything, Magic Missile is one of the most useless skills in game.
    VeylainePolicroma
  • XehalinXehalin
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Elves are plenty strong on their own. Magnum Shot, a crystal deer, and hide can carry you through just about anything as long as you have the stats. You have chains for aoe, and get higher int/dex from your skills so your magic, chains, and archery skills will always hit harder, barring stat caps.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Ladame wrote: »

We can stack it with Light of Ladeca, and by default have a 500% multiplier that comes with magnum spam. There's no need for us to have that buffed.

If anything, Magic Missile is one of the most useless skills in game.

Ah, I didn't know that! Last time I played an elf was years ago, so I am a bit out of touch. Glad to know elves aren't getting completely shafted though!
  • DevilHunterDevilHunter
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    As an Elf myself I just saw a new update for giants they are even stronger than before. now to me it just seems so unfair elfs get a nerf in aim speed then we get Light of Ladeca but that's only after you get your total level to 100 you can't use it in the advancement tests. so me personal i think we should have our aim speed reverted because we miss so much even at 75% - 100%. it would be nice to have the ability to dual wield maybe dodge as well. idk i'm just saying my piece it's in Nexon's hands now.
    AloseraMelmiiSweetMelodyAlexLight
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 12, 2019
    From now on, i will suggest all newbies to go for Giant now if they want easy start and overpower fields easily. Humans look like a joke to me now... All these tanky AoE skills of Giants makes even Final Hit look like a cute Human skill. Not going to talk about our poor Elves...
    DevilHunter
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    We all know that if Nexon ever does an elf update it will be to make elves weaker and have more bugs. For balance reasons.
    - They'll give a 1/10 chance that Magic Missile will hurt the caster instead.
    - Their shoes will lose durability twice as fast.
    - Any loaded skills that you can move with will lower elves to a walk speed.
    - Mirage Missile will reflect all damage from the afflicted monster onto the caster. It will not lower HP lower than 1 HP.
    - Elves will be able to use a skill similar to Chain Impale called Ear Impale regardless of the weapon equipped.
    - A new skill called Forget lets them de-rank skills at the cost of AP. At r1 it will also de-rank another skill at random. You get no AP back from this. Can only be used when near the memory tower.
    - Giants will be able to mount onto elf shoulders, similar to how humans can currently mount giants.
    - A critical Heat Buster will send the elf spinning back twice as far as normal.
    - When an elf tries to get on a raft it will automatically continent warp them to Belfast if continent warp isn't on cooldown.
    - Elves can dual wield L-rods by fitting the second pair on their feet. When using the L-Rod action the action is triggered twice.
    - Lance Charge will have twice the range for elves.
    - Filia guards will aggro other Filia guards on sight.
    AloseraTheOthicAlexisEUImaizumiYuoichiroseangelLialinTHICCthighssavelivesShakayaPhilosecfariand 3 others.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Madness
  • SweetMelodySweetMelody
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Dual wielding seems important, if you have high dexterity it implies you're good with your hands. If they can't have as much strength (although I think some redistribution in that area would be good, the difference in combat skills and percentages is pretty large), then I think increasing their attack speed would make sense. Fast and nimble, you know? Dual wielding and speed, and maybe some unique skills of their own. Humans have a few, Giants are getting several, elfs have.... hide? And Urgent shot?
    DevilHunter
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Dual wielding seems important, if you have high dexterity it implies you're good with your hands. If they can't have as much strength (although I think some redistribution in that area would be good, the difference in combat skills and percentages is pretty large), then I think increasing their attack speed would make sense. Fast and nimble, you know? Dual wielding and speed, and maybe some unique skills of their own. Humans have a few, Giants are getting several, elfs have.... hide? And Urgent shot?

humans also get urgent shot, unless you mean final shot or mirage missile.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

Final Shot paired with magnum is insanely powerful and is in fact strong enough that elves could solo quite a bit of content that even giants struggled with previously. So yeah, this does bring giants up to and even surpass elves. Which means humans are now the bottom rung of the ladder.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    probably been said... but FS. not as great as FH.... (i dont see anyone saying"i used FS to do g22+) you still have to load every shot. and the teleport automatic with FH... also... i am tired of elves only getting more archery skills as a way to "balance" elves....

theirs 10+ skills to use.... having elves be a lil pro in 1 is not really that good... specially when ppl know chain exists..

i love to see elves get tanky like giants... but in the magic direction.... like mana shield reduction, more magic def and prot, maybe strengthen a bit more in the mp,int compartments. -maybe make monsters more vulnerable to archery and magic attacks in the same perspective as combat...
    (its debatable, but elves may not need to be stronger... but tankier via magic would be nice)
    THICCthighssavelives
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    probably been said... but FS. not as great as FH.... (i dont see anyone saying"i used FS to do g22+) you still have to load every shot. and the teleport automatic with FH... also... i am tired of elves only getting more archery skills as a way to "balance" elves....

theirs 10+ skills to use.... having elves be a lil pro in 1 is not really that good... specially when ppl know chain exists..

i love to see elves get tanky like giants... but in the magic direction.... like mana shield reduction, more magic def and prot, maybe strengthen a bit more in the mp,int compartments. -maybe make monsters more vulnerable to archery and magic attacks in the same perspective as combat...
    (its debatable, but elves may not need to be stronger... but tankier via magic would be nice)

But elves have the highest dex of all races and chain relies almost twice as much on dex than luck so elves should be highest damage at chains as well.
  • AlshianAlshian
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

But elves have the highest dex of all races and chain relies almost twice as much on dex than luck so elves should be highest damage at chains as well.

Damage difference is not much and a big deal between races even giants can be good with them.

Tho like many has said that final shot can't beat final hit of what it gives but it does have its good uses that made it NOT as bad many had thought of it. Don't like the idea to have "push this to win" final shot made it so your less mobile loading mag spam teleport a few moments away to keep on firing.

What I like to see is the teleport distance to have a huge increase with a cooldown of 3 seconds to give the next shot to always hit with a critical hit. Of course there will be no cooldown to teleport just the shot bonus to always hit and crit with a 3 second cooldown. Then finally I like to see Final shot to ignore the target's Def/prot by -10%

If not for that then how about a Active toggle skill for elves called "Deadeye" that cause all ranged Weapons like Gunner, Ninja, and Archery to have a bonus to the next attack with a 3 second cooldown for it to happen again.

Archery: Next attack or skill will always hit with a Critical damage that ignores the target's Def/Protection by -15% (Go nuts with using other skills beside Mag shot)
    Gunner: Next normal attack will deal double damage causing the target to be stunned for 2 seconds. (Works with Way of the gun, counts with crit hits.)
    Ninja: Next normal attack causes it to deal connecting AOE damage to the targets surrounding your foe up to 5 times (Meaning if there is a foe by your target the shuriken will bounce between them 5 times.)
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    People complaining about Final Shot?
    Guess they are not doing 132k mags every second.
    FH can't even compare lol.
    Jianto
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Opalthira wrote: »
    People complaining about Final Shot?
    Guess they are not doing 132k mags every second.
    FH can't even compare lol.

132k magnum hits are still very much the minority, nor do magnum shots need to be that high to wreck most content.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    As much as I would like to see a similar update for elves, I just don't realistically see it happening. In KR, Elves have been god-tier because of their single target DPS with Magnum Spam + Vision of Ladeca and Final Shot. This meta fell a little bit during G22, but from what I've heard, they're back at the top again thanks to the new Tech Duinn mission(s) of G23 making the other missions irrelevant. Probably because they're easier and Elves do the highest damage in it, if I had to guess.

Aside from that, we're in a tough spot as it is. Elves now have chains as a melee option, and it's a very viable option for most of the game's content. So between Archery, Chains, and even Magic to an extent, it doesn't really seem like Elves need an update. Even if NA were to consider changing up how archery works just so missing feels less painful, think of how KR players would respond to that. They'd get plenty angry and probably call for said update to be removed, or brought to them (even though they're ridiculous enough as things are already.).

If they were to get an update at all though, I would definitely love to see Elven Magic Missile get a buff as well as receive the same treatment that Giant Full Swing did. And ehhh, maybe on an unrealistic note... Since Humans can dual wield swords, and Giants can dual wield hammers, how about letting Elves dual wield axes? :eyes:
    BronzebreakJiantoroseangelImaizumi
This discussion has been closed.