Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tailoring Frustration

orcabluewaorcabluewa
Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
edited April 18, 2019 in General Chat
Are there any tailors that find it frustrating that the majority of patterns to use are from preivious events making it almost impossible sewto sew anything.I really hope that nexon will add more or bring back ways of obtaining patterns. Any thoughts?
BronzebreakArjunestarkiller1286AlshianImaizumiCrimsọnTwelieDragoolfireWolfsingerChaosShadowand 3 others.

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    agreed
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    I'm with you on that, having patterns that also result in little exp is kind of stupid (my opinion, don't kill me). I feel like Nexon could just bring the event patterns back easily and just turn it into perma accessible patterns through an event without a word being given about it being a perma thing
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If you can boost current level to 200, finishing off tailoring is a snap. You literally only need to make headbands to do the last few ranks . . . . or, at least, that's how I remember it. :S
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    There need to be more patterns for alot of things.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Trueeee. There are so many patterns which i never thought they could exist.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Trueeee. There are so many patterns which i never thought they could exist.

Infinite patterns can be created.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I was told that the patterns are out there, they are just rare drops.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited April 19, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »

17c.png
    GretaBuffalosImaizumiValkirye
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Features that would make crafting more exciting but will never get implemented because they don't earn money:
    1) New clothes being released as tailoring patterns instead of gachapon
    2) New gear that doesn't require weird-ass mats and 9000 dungeon runs to create - can't they just add cute daily fashion that uses fabrics and silks?
    3) Re-release of old gachapon outfits as tailoring patterns - e.g. after a year or two after their initial release, bring the non-animated versions back as something craftable
    4) Re-release of old rebirth card/shopping bag outfits as tailoring patterns - same as the above, most of those things are so old and yet they're still being milked for shopping bag sales ughhhh
    5) Allow high rank tailors, blacksmiths, carpenters, handicrafters, magic crafters and engineers to repair their own gear using spare mats instead of gold.

Features that probably could make money if done right:
    1) Return of the production gachapon, but this time filled with new patterns/manuals for old event and prem outfits (and the things required for erging, and the long lost manuals that were only obtainable through like one event, and mats that I don't want to run 9000 dungeons for)
    2) Every time a new gacha outfit is released, put the tailoring pattern for the non-animated version in the NX shop. There'll still be whales gambling for exclusive gacha stuff, but there'll also be people who are more willing to pay up for a guaranteed outfit that they'll just have to put a little work into. Also the rest of the world is going to start legislating against loot boxes and you can't keep IP blocking individual countries forever
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It is difficult to find these patterns. Dare I say, it is like...finding a needle...in a haystack.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    It is difficult to find these patterns. Dare I say, it is like...finding a needle...in a haystack.

More like finding a specific needle in a stack of needles
    Valkirye

That's sew many needles to sift through!
    Morold
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Reel it back with the puns Bliss.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Eralea wrote: »
    Features that would make crafting more exciting but will never get implemented because they don't earn money:
    1) New clothes being released as tailoring patterns instead of gachapon
    2) New gear that doesn't require weird-ass mats and 9000 dungeon runs to create - can't they just add cute daily fashion that uses fabrics and silks?
    3) Re-release of old gachapon outfits as tailoring patterns - e.g. after a year or two after their initial release, bring the non-animated versions back as something craftable
    4) Re-release of old rebirth card/shopping bag outfits as tailoring patterns - same as the above, most of those things are so old and yet they're still being milked for shopping bag sales ughhhh
    5) Allow high rank tailors, blacksmiths, carpenters, handicrafters, magic crafters and engineers to repair their own gear using spare mats instead of gold.

Features that probably could make money if done right:
    1) Return of the production gachapon, but this time filled with new patterns/manuals for old event and prem outfits (and the things required for erging, and the long lost manuals that were only obtainable through like one event, and mats that I don't want to run 9000 dungeons for)
    2) Every time a new gacha outfit is released, put the tailoring pattern for the non-animated version in the NX shop. There'll still be whales gambling for exclusive gacha stuff, but there'll also be people who are more willing to pay up for a guaranteed outfit that they'll just have to put a little work into. Also the rest of the world is going to start legislating against loot boxes and you can't keep IP blocking individual countries forever

That would also effect the high-end markets, which might indirectly effect the dark economy in Mabinogi that Nexon says it has problems with . . . maybe.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

17c.png

It's just what the GM's said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't believe them either.
    BronzebreakValkirye
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Why need a manual? Why can't we just use it once and use it forever? Like learning a recipe? > w>
    Bronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Alshian wrote: »
    Why need a manual? Why can't we just use it once and use it forever? Like learning a recipe? > w>

Because, THAT IS TOO LOGICAL.
    Bronzebreak
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I think a good solution to this is to put in a kind of "manual/pattern" gacha into the ducat shop. You buy it for say, 50k ducat and it could potentially give ~ANY~ manual/pattern available, from the lowly headband pattern, to the Soluna manual.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I think a good solution to this is to put in a kind of "manual/pattern" gacha into the ducat shop. You buy it for say, 50k ducat and it could potentially give ~ANY~ manual/pattern available, from the lowly headband pattern, to the Soluna manual.

And...the market becomes even more broken.
    WolfsingerBronzebreak

Reel it back with the puns Bliss.

Ah, but can't you say puns suit this thread? :D