Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

All Instances Need a Reconnect Feature

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Chances are if you are desperate enough for this feature to be implemented in all dungeons/missions, you should probably invest in a better internet connection or just delete this game because you'll get nowhere if you keep running out of reentries anyways.
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Pan wrote: »
    Chances are if you are desperate enough for this feature to be implemented in all dungeons/missions, you should probably invest in a better internet connection or just delete this game because you'll get nowhere if you keep running out of reentries anyways.

Investing in anything else is unlikely as I live in the hick-middle of no where. As for 'desperate', there's nothing 'desperate' about wanting security in knowing I'm not suddenly going to lose progress on a mission/dungeon I may have used a rare pass on.
    LadameWolfsingerBronzebreak
  • PanPan
    You should move. Mabinogi is not your excuse to stay in the middle of nowhere.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Not everyone has good choice in internet where they live, this is incredibly true. I got shafted on providers when I moved some time ago, and I sure wasn't going to delete this game I invested years into just because of it. :(
  • PanPan
    I was shafted too at one point, but I at least made an effort to not get shafted anymore. You can do the same. Anything is not impossible.
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    You should move. Mabinogi is not your excuse to stay in the middle of nowhere.

.. Yes. I should up and move, because certainly that's just a viable option for me to decide just here and now, all for the sake of a better internet connection to play Mabinogi, and certainly not because of other factors like:
    -I own the land I live on, and would rather not sell it so I could buy a more expensive property elsewhere.
    -Money.
    -I love the scenery and privacy of my property.
    Ladamechikenleg123Bronzebreak
  • PanPan
    1. You know you are obsessed when your answer only revolves around Mabinogi. There are other benefits to moving as well.
    2. Sell your land and use that money to go somewhere else and make money.
    3. You live in the middle of nowhere. That scenery is depressing enough.
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I was shafted too at one point, but I at least made an effort to not get shafted anymore. You can do the same. Anything is not impossible.

Or, (And this is wild I know) they can add the reconnect function to more than just the traditional dungeons.
    KeiyomaBronzebreak
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    edited April 24, 2019
    1. You know you are obsessed when your answer only revolves around Mabinogi. There are other benefits to moving as well.
    2. Sell your land and use that money to go somewhere else and make money.
    3. You live in the middle of nowhere. That scenery is depressing enough.

1. My answer was reflecting the topic, being Mabinogi, as well as reflecting the only reason to move you had offered.
    2. I've little interest in selling fully-paid off land which I've put years of work into cultivating, building upon, and landscaping.
    3. This isn't Courage the Cowardly Dog, 'middle of nowhere' isn't some desert wasteland. It's within the country. And quite frankly, there's nothing depressing about the sight of rolling hills, forests and woods, and pastures.

Internet is not a good enough reason to move, nor is there any other good reason to come to mind. I greatly enjoy my location, but as with everything, it has it's flaws. The flaw here being the choice in internet providers. Moving isn't reasonable for me.
  • PanPan
    I think the idea of a reconnect function kills the game. There is no fun in playing a game that does not punish the player. For example, back when players died, unblessed equipment had a chance to drop on the ground and you would have to pay for that gear back at the town. This game needs more punishments, rather than catering it to sheltered children.
    THICCthighssavelivesBronzebreak
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600

Or, (And this is wild I know) they can add the reconnect function to more than just the traditional dungeons.

Yes, honestly this feature would hurt nobody. People disconnecting for any reason (which doesn't have to be purely internet related, power could flicker or a cat could knock over the router, as someone mentioned!) however, is an issue for not only them, but anyone they are running with.
    KeiyomaBronzebreak
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    I think the idea of a reconnect function kills the game. There is no fun in playing a game that does not punish the player. For example, back when players died, unblessed equipment had a chance to drop on the ground and you would have to pay for that gear back at the town. This game needs more punishments, rather than catering it to sheltered children.

You're right - technical issues, outside the game, should be punished, because they're certainly in the same category as IN GAME FUNCTIONS, meant to be included by the developers, like dropping unblessed equipment. Maybe while we're at it, I should be taxed extra gold on purchases in game since I don't live in a city, or that I should only be allowed to play two hours a day since I don't have VIP. Fair punishments.
    LadameBronzebreakChaosShadow
  • PanPan
    Yes.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Yes.

brace-yourself-the-qskruf.jpg
    DangerousDitchLadameKeiyomaBronzebreakChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Good talk.
    BronzebreakPanWolfsinger
  • ValkiryeValkirye
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    I love your poll; either a simple "Yes" or a "Let's make a biased statement for those thinking of pressing no" LOL
    Either way you are right, if it's available for dungeons, it should be for everything else.
  • PanPan
    Should change it to, "Yes, I'm a literal spoiled crybaby".
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited April 25, 2019

I'd love to live in your world where there's absolutely no technical faults, difficulty or issues. I mean this sounds great, I mean its not like NX could be the one having issues, because we know the NX is a perfect exemplary company that keeps their games running on tip top condition and never experience any issue ever so that means that it's just all those poor people in less developed areas that are stupid for being poor, live in that location, and have limited options for what they have available to them.

Unfortunately us mere mortals don't live there so how about you get off your high horse and actually consider features that might make the game more enjoyable and accessible to people less privileged than you. Consider for a moment how a reconnect feature affects you if you never drop connection. It doesn't. All it allows is for someone keep the progress they've made in case something went wrong, either because of technical issues, or just some random freak accident, or even just a random disconnect from Mabi itself.

The fact you have the audacity to call people spoiled children while telling people they should move to other places while disregarding their current conditions just highlights how spoiled you are thinking that the world caters to your whims.
    ChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    GTCvActium wrote: »

I'd love to live in your world where there's absolutely no technical faults, difficulty or issues. I mean this sounds great, I mean its not like NX could be the one having issues, because we know the NX is a perfect exemplary company that keeps their games running on tip top condition and never experience any issue ever so that means that it's just all those poor people in less developed areas that are stupid for being poor, live in that location, and have limited options for what they have available to them.

Unfortunately us mere mortals don't live there so how about you get off your high horse and actually consider features that might make the game more enjoyable and accessible to people less privileged than you. Consider for a moment how a reconnect feature affects you if you never drop connection. It doesn't. All it allows is for someone keep the progress they've made in case something went wrong, either because of technical issues, or just some random freak accident, or even just a random disconnect from Mabi itself.

The fact you have the audacity to call people spoiled children while telling people they should move to other places while disregarding their current conditions just highlights how spoiled you are thinking that the world caters to your whims.

Why are you taking the troll seriously?
  • ShadoeLumiereShadoeLumiere
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    edited April 25, 2019

Yes, if we jump off a cliff we can fly if we work hard enough. Anything is "not impossible." What logic.