Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Be careful everyone

ShadowamiShadowami
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
in General Chat
The game is currently not saving data. So dont touch anything in your inv, or bother replacing your skills.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Shadowami wrote: »
    The game is currently not saving data. So dont touch anything in your inv, or bother replacing your skills.
    Uh? Is the maintenance done?

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

It is, but as expected of long maints there is always something screwy going on. I'd check back in a couple hours.
  • HelsaHelsa

It is, but as expected of long maints there is always something screwy going on. I'd check back in a couple hours.

But the announcement page doesn't say it's done; is that not the official source to know, or did Nexon open the doors by accident?
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Yeah they normally take that down after maintenance. Perhaps it was suppose to be extended but the doors was accidently let open due to lack of communication.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Game is unplayable. Going to bed.
    KensamaofmariVeylaineAlshianWolfsingerPanFOXAssassin
  • HelsaHelsa
    If inventory is suspect then the coin ill get just for logging in wont be remembered?
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    @Helsa I'm not sure. But since those coins weren't in your inv before maint, then likely.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Jeepers! I'm paused on the soul-stream screen paralyzed with fear at selecting the "Start" button! =8O
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Jeepers! I'm paused on the soul-stream screen paralyzed with fear at selecting the "Start" button! =8O

Come back in a couple hours. don't risk it now.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited April 24, 2019
    The only problem with inventory is it's not saving your bag locations and hotkeys. Actual items are fine.

Let's take the issue for what it is and not get into FUD territory.
    VeylaineWolfsingerEraleaGretaBronzebreakRadiant Dawn
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Ohh maaaan...I opened my bags and stuff.

am I DOOMED?! DOOOOMED?!?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    KingEphy wrote: »
    Ohh maaaan...I opened my bags and stuff.

am I DOOMED?! DOOOOMED?!?

Nah. I've already tested this on my own characters. Your items are fine. People are bizarrely misreading something Katherz said about cash shop items not appearing until you relog.
    KingEphyGreta
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    I didn't read what Katherz said at all, was going about what happened to one of my guild mates when I logged on.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Double check what they meant, or have them double check their inventory. Seriously, I've been watching a discord full of people shouting all afternoon, you are the only one reporting lost items, and now you're saying it's not even from you? I don't think the server would have been reopened had inventories been broken to the point of losing items. They would have rolled back and tried again next week.

Stuff I have tested that are fine:

Renown
    XP/levels/AP/skill levels
    Items on self, pets, dressing room, etc.
    Quests. Even tried logging out just before a turn-in and was able to log in and turn in the quest fine.

I have tested multiple channel changes and logouts.

What *is* being reset are *any* window settings, including hotkeys and bag locations on your screen. Side hotbars won't appear regardless of what your settings are.

TLDR for anyone else watching: Go ahead and do the bare minimum to get your event dailies done, indulge in cash shop, whatever. Just don't go all out fixing your hotkeys today. (Thus it may not be the best day to be trying to run anything serious, like Tech or Phantasm.) There's people in-game running the event dailies just fine.
    WolfsingerKitsuneanagiKensamaofmariGretaBronzebreak
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Well I never said it was from me to begin with. It's best to be cautious in circumstances like this, especially when you come from the days when this actually happened even after the same statement was made by GM's. But yeah, hotkey resets are annoying, which is one reason why I'm not logging back in for the rest of the day. lol But yeah, just be careful everyone, till this storm is blown over.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Welp I did all the event required activities, we'll find out if it remembers that I did tomorrow I guess.
    Kensamaofmari
  • BehelitBehelit
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Mabi got so old and now has problems remembering things lol
    MeyRadiant DawnTheDumbOneCrimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Boohoo, hotkeys doesn't save, the game is unplayable, i'm quitting!
    Dragoolfire
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Not surprised this usually always happens.
    Good thing I don't care enough to even log in.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    It's just the UI server that's down. Calm down. The rest of the game is fine.