Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Issues that Nexon needs to work on

Al_CidAl_Cid
Mabinogi Rep: 840
edited April 19, 2019 in General Chat
So as of late I have noticed a few things that Nexon America does that is somewhat bothersome.

The main issue that comes to mind is that there seems to be a lack of communication between Nexon and its consumers.

For instance, this last update yesterday when there were problems with the event so it was not implemented, Nexon followed up with a short message explaining that the leaderboard had issues for the event so it would not be implemented. This message was then removed from the front page and no follow up occurred. This left me and others wondering if the event will come later this week or next week with next Thursday's maintenance or not return at all.

Another point on communication is that we often don't know anything about the incoming events or gachapon from Nexon America until it is released. Some teasers such as new event items, or new clothing items etc in gacha would build a lot of hype and make the player experience more enjoyable.

My point is basically that more communication can only help and I would really like to see this game thrive.

Many will argue that Nexon doesn't need to do this and that they are totally fine with how it is and I would say yes, that is true. However, I think better communication would make the game more enjoyable for everyone and would not take much on the part of nexon.
chikenleg123YoridenBronzebreakTwistedxFate

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 19, 2019
    I don't care for the event, me and many others don't either. Last time they gave us that event the drop rates for the rewards were abysmal and people were charging obscene amounts for those transformation coins. The event died within a couple days. Collecting transformations is a ruined aspect of the game anyway. The last new transformations were THAT SHOULD OF BE COLLECTIBLE FROM TECH DUNGEONS was placed into gacha. It just seems like they want EVERYTHING to have a price tag.

AND DON'T YOU GUYS START. I know this game has to make money for it to stay online. There are some things that should be monetized and some things that should not.

/rant

Now as for communication? It's hit and miss. Always. They are not allowed to be transparent. It's just something we have accepted for years. They try their best to communicate, but there is massive room for improvement.
    courtneyyBronzebreakTwistedxFate
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Just look at the content fro other regions thread.
    Like 90% of the we get that stuff
    and we keep getting stuff before korea as well...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Still want a shield hero crossover. I want my Filo mount. >:O
    KensamaofmariSheena
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    On top of that they said they are gonna stream more
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah I wonder whats the special news they have for us coming next week.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »

Name changes i bet.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Greta wrote: »

Name changes i bet.

VIP update please. Bought a year of VIP at Christmas and I feel like it's going to waste.
    Bronzebreak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Name changes i bet.

VIP update please. Bought a year of VIP at Christmas and I feel like it's going to waste.

Or that. Would be even better tbh.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited April 21, 2019
    Oh yea...they STILL!!! not given us a VIP update...this is taking rather too long.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah better be VIP before class action becomes a thing.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Name changes i bet.

Completed sale to Disney Corp.
  • chikenleg123chikenleg123
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    I have to agree actually. They are really bad at communicating with the player base.
    Twelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Name changes i bet.

Kiss this game good bye if Disney gets Nexon.
    edited April 23, 2019

Name changes i bet.

Kiss this game good bye if Disney gets Nexon.

Did you know you can now play all these games for $4.99/mo or $49.95/yr? lul Welcome to XXXXX+
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 23, 2019
    I don't mind the free to play model. I don't mind having a cash shop. Just get rid of the gacha and actually provide a premium service worth getting!
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerBronzebreak
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I don't mind the free to play model. I don't mind having a cash shop. Just get rid of the gacha and actually provide a premium service worth getting!

YEA give us VIP or Premium WORTH our money.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
    Alshian wrote: »

Money and time.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Alshian wrote: »

They better compensate those that bought a whole year of service from the last sale. Half that time is now wasted.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    They need to make these drop rates better, What is the point of Erg if you can t get the mats to make things like Milky Way Cello or Cymbals its useless have run over 150 math music dungeon and have not got Instrument string or Dust and I am not the only one
    THICCthighssavelives
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Pepper wrote: »
    They need to make these drop rates better, What is the point of Erg if you can t get the mats to make things like Milky Way Cello or Cymbals its useless have run over 150 math music dungeon and have not got Instrument string or Dust and I am not the only one

This is besides the topic of communication.