Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do You What Time It Is~?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Gaea wrote: »
    That's why I said it could be for something like that in future whenever that could be. Look at it this way, we would need better servers to handle a server merge during and after.

To be sure, since we are all on the outside, it's a reasonable assumption to make, of course. But I don't think updating hardware, the underlying DB Software, or even the OS would likely be required though. The way the overall database is structured is that the servers are, in essence, already merged, except that they are not, if that makes any sense. All our characters are in the same database but we have different labels to our home servers. Those home servers are really just partitions in the overall database, which is clustered over 28+ actual physical servers. Which of those belongs to what is just a label. A server merge, for the most part, is just changing those labels. There would be some changes needed to Nexon's software, of course: like how the bank and dressing room work, or how the login session marshalling code on the login server works, but most of the changes would require just changing values stored in the database itself.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    QqZwKGU.png
    Kensamaofmari
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Helsa wrote: »
    Has there been anything from official sources about a server merger with regards to this maintenance? Or is this speculation based on the fact that it's a 12-hour maintenance that involves server upgrades? If so, I mean, sure it could be, but it could also be, say, preparing the server to handle an upgraded server-side Mabinogi to take on more services from the client to limit hacking more.

Just Katherz in all caps saying "NO THIS IS NOT A SERVER MERGE JEEZ".

But no one is saying that this is not preparation for it. :]
    Harukari wrote: »
    If I have to be merged with a server I left in the first place, I quit.

But yes, 12 hours waiting, pretty fun.

Get over it or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

someone has skeletons in their closet XD
    your with a new character now though so just be cool with old rivals. block them if you must :D
    everyone can be toxic online because they feel secure behind a desk. theres a name change function coming to mabi if your worried about it :D

don't be discouraged by the past! ^.^
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Director of Mabinogi Korea on server merges.
    unknown.png

That literal translation sounds like the president's way of speech.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    unknown.png

They don't speak for our region.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    3 and a half hours until said finished time.
    So it's time to either go to lunch, dinner, or take a nice long nap.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    unknown.png

Exactly. He's talking about Korea not NA. The two things to note here are: (1) he says "at this time" this says it is possible to do although they are choosing not to (2) the decision to implement it is based on whether the demand for it outweighs the demand to keep things as they are. So, at the campfire last year, when they brought up the topic of a server merge, were there more boos or yays?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    And AS PREDICTED there was an extension! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • InJectTheFluxPoisonInJectTheFluxPoison
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    And AS PREDICTED there was an extension! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i called it first QQ
    Bronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 26, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    unknown.png

Exactly. He's talking about Korea not NA. The two things to note here are: (1) he says "at this time" this says it is possible to do although they are choosing not to (2) the decision to implement it is based on whether the demand for it outweighs the demand to keep things as they are. So, at the campfire last year, when they brought up the topic of a server merge, were there more boos or yays?

I thought I heard a couple boos in the far off distance from all the yays. Probably seal breaker holders. Hue.

Which honestly I already suggested that when and if we do a server merge those original seal breakers should be given "First Seal breaker of [insert seal stone] (from [insert server] if they decide to merge all servers lol)" titles. I mean we know they have the ability to give out custom titles, that's a simple solution to those FEW disgruntled players right there.

But yeah, they don't speak for our region. We have a different and WAY smaller playerbase. Honestly I would love to be able to play with people I know from other servers.
    Wolfsinger
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Not trying to steal from FF14, but what about server visiting? Vist other servers by the use of the traveler's guide menu.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Not trying to steal from FF14, but what about server visiting? Vist other servers by the use of the traveler's guide menu.

This has also been suggested.