Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sudden Lag and Rollback

KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
edited April 28, 2019 in General Chat
On Mari there was a Sudden spike in lag about 10-15 min ago. Apparently some people got rolled back and lost Some items as well. I was making a cappuccino during the Lag and lost the materials but didn't complete the craft.

Just wondering if any other server had this issue.

And want to bring attention of this matter to Nexon team.

Comments

• FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Oh god, so it isn't just me... I lost all my bone chips....
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    On Ruairi and I haven't noticed anything. =(
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Nothing like this happened on Alexina, to me at least. Been connected all day. :<
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    I was finishing up a commerce trip and I kept getting an error saying failed to trade. I was scared for a sec until it finally went through. It also happens while I was trying to put down a shop in Belvast and the whole thing would cancel out, So I'd have to put up prices all over again.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Finity wrote: »

Well, I guess you're boned as well, huh?
    VeylaineWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Finity wrote: »

Well, I guess you're boned as well, huh?

Bliss!!! XD
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    So looks like the issue was mostly on Mari.
    I'm glad my losses were just 1 espresso, 1 steamed milk and 1 milk.
    Some people like Finity had far worse losses.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

It's weird that barely anyone came here to announce their loss. Such things usually cause a huge fuss.
    Greta wrote: »

It's weird that barely anyone came here to announce their loss. Such things usually cause a huge fuss.

It didn't happen to everyone, seemed isolated to a few people. I was literally stuck in an endless cutting animation with the knife but no table as people were running around doing normal things. Chatting and messaging was normal throughout the incident. Some people said they got moved a few maps/instances back losing everything they had acquired since. But as you know, Mari isn't as active nowadays and I think most people did not notice. I'm glad that only for me, I only lost a cup of coffee. Disappointing for others.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I immediately stopped moving when I noticed the lag so I didn't lose anything. I do know a few people on the opposite end actually benefitted from having an item duplicated in the hiccup.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I immediately stopped moving when I noticed the lag so I didn't lose anything. I do know a few people on the opposite end actually benefitted from having an item duplicated in the hiccup.

So they took my cappuccino. xD
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    around what time did this happen? I hope I didn't lose anything w/o realizing :0 I don't remember DCing though or lagging badly yesterday
    edited April 29, 2019
    Arjune wrote: »
    around what time did this happen? I hope I didn't lose anything w/o realizing :0 I don't remember DCing though or lagging badly yesterday

Around 10 minutes til 3:00 pm PDT yesterday
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Arjune wrote: »

If you afk'd through the thing then nothing would have changed for you. It was brief moment and any activities taken during that time are the only things to be affected.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If it was limited to Mari and limited ON Mari, maybe it was a particular channel? Those effected, what channel were you on?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Helsa wrote: »
    If it was limited to Mari and limited ON Mari, maybe it was a particular channel? Those effected, what channel were you on?

People I asked around said that it was server wide, so it seems like all chs were affected.
    Helsa wrote: »

I believe Channels 1 through 3 or 4 had the issue. Forgot, for sure the first couple of channels. And again, not everyone was affected.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Did anyone lose anything expensive?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Aaaaaaaand that's why you change channels often.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 30, 2019
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaand that's why you change channels often.

Or just log off. That's the proper way to save stuff. I don't mean hit the X button I mean log off to the character selection screen.