Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What if Hailstorm became like Giant Fullswing

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
in General Chat
A spammable magic aoe, like giant fullswing where we just make a gust of snow/blizzard/hail !?!??!

Definitely more useful than whatever "hailstorm" we have right now which should just be called ice chucker

1. ok24 votes
    1. ok
       75% (18 votes)
    2. what
       25% (6 votes)

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Hailstorm is fine the way it is. You just need to know how to use it.
    ChoKageito
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 1, 2019
    Hinotama wrote: »

Yep! Stand in one place, get a few hits, and die. It's great!
    BehelitRadiant DawnBlissfulkillFaithrendJayy124AkkedoFOXAssassin
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000

the way to use it is to not use it, its just for stats right now
    chikenleg123Radiant DawnRaishiiFinityLutetiumBlissfulkillMabiIn2k19Jayy124FOXAssassin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Owntrolf wrote: »

the way to use it is to not use it, its just for stats right now

Pretty much this, I only ranked it for the stats.
    chikenleg123Radiant DawnJayy124FOXAssassin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 2, 2019
    Its only good on trash difficulty stuff like shadow missions HM depending if your tough enough to handle taking hits and dealing hits.

With Will Tech, you can't be pushed and I don't think it cancels the skill.

Tho I said "Good" but at the bottom for taking to long to use making it out shined by other magic skills
    FOXAssassin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Alshian wrote: »
    Its only good on trash difficulty stuff like shadow missions HM depending if your tough enough to handle taking hits and dealing hits.

With Will Tech, you can't be pushed and I don't think it cancels the skill.

Tho I said "Good" but at the bottom for taking to long to use making it out shined by other magic skills

I wouldn't even use it on trash mobs, there are more efficient skills to clear a room. Being stationary is not efficient at all.
    FOXAssassin
  • VivianVivian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    cc firebolt is better than hailstorm.
    LastSaturdayTheNyanCatLutetiumJayy124
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Revamp culture is terrible. It's good to have a few odd skills that not everyone can figure how to use effectively. If you want a big Ice AOE, there's Ice Spear. If you want an ice gust, there's Frozen Blast with AOE upgrades.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited May 2, 2019
    Hailstorm is so useless, even the newest mage monsters won't use it.
    FOXAssassin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I bet if Nexon made some new mobs use hailstorm, they would be given adv stander O 3o
    LadameTheNyanCatFOXAssassin
  • FinityFinity
    edited May 2, 2019
    I bet if Nexon made some new mobs use hailstorm, they would be given adv stander O 3o

Even if they do, we'd just stay out of their range, or wipe them out before it loads.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Finity wrote: »

Even if they do, we'd just stay out of their range, or wipe them out before it loads.

Mobs now have 200k hp and have double the base range of hailstorm in addition to adv heavy stander. And spawn in groups of 10. Also immune to cc and prevent all pet summons. Oh and are immune to magic and range.

And then someone one shots them all with chain blades.
    FOXAssassin
  • FinityFinity
    edited May 2, 2019
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »

Mobs now have 200k hp and have double the base range of hailstorm in addition to adv heavy stander. And spawn in groups of 10. Also immune to cc and prevent all pet summons. Oh and are immune to magic and range.

And then someone one shots them all with chain blades.

If you're talking about mages in Tech duinn, I've never seen them using Hailstorm, or I just didn't have chance to see it. Most of the time they just use instant casting with advanced magic ,shockwave, and lightening rod, and rarely meteor strike. Nonetheless, it is underwhelming compared to those skills because how long it takes to load. They aren't immune to range at least, but annoying when they just walk up to you and spam shockwave.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Cho wrote: »
    Revamp culture is terrible. It's good to have a few odd skills that not everyone can figure how to use effectively. If you want a big Ice AOE, there's Ice Spear. If you want an ice gust, there's Frozen Blast with AOE upgrades.

O' great lords of mabi please hear my plea
    Share with us lowly peasants your godly intellect
    And show us all how to use this skill
    By recommending to use other skills
    That don't even have a similar effect
    Or really a similar feel.

I'm sorry but you're probably braindead if you think this skill is good. An npc wand with nothing on it aside from chaincast 4 will out dps a step 7 staff because you're gonna spend most of your time running around trying to charge hail. I challenge either of you to find one situation where hail is better than any other magic skill, and prove it.
    FinityGretaFOXAssassin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

O' great lords of mabi please hear my plea
    Share with us lowly peasants your godly intellect
    And show us all how to use this skill
    By recommending to use other skills
    That don't even have a similar effect
    Or really a similar feel.

I'm sorry but you're probably braindead if you think this skill is good. An npc wand with nothing on it aside from chaincast 4 will out dps a step 7 staff because you're gonna spend most of your time running around trying to charge hail. I challenge either of you to find one situation where hail is better than any other magic skill, and prove it.

wRvRn6h.png
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    edited May 2, 2019
    Like I said in the last Hailstorm thread, it's a trash skill. Making it an AOE like Fullswing with charge stacks instead of a minigame or even just making the crystal explode into a 600-800~ radius and do full damage would make it infinitely better than it's current pathetic state. (Afterthought edited in, make spell walk actually work on it while it's active too.)

Honestly even with my ice mastery 19 wig and rosemary gloves and gf as a personal crisis+spin slave, Hailstorm is still entirely pointless and Lightning Rod is an infinitely superior option for a skill and even then Blaze will do around twice of that, in all honesty I'm pretty sure in any higher content, even as low as lords, you'd be better off using smash's splash than Hailstorm because at least it has piercing. A full revamp of magic based on Lightning Rod and Blaze would make it an actually usable and worthwhile skill set.
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    I challenge either of you to find one situation where hail is better than any other magic skill, and prove it.
    I'm not either of them but boy do I ever have the most niche and obscure use that none of people who have never played anything higher than shadow warrior intermediate could come up with, check this out: Hailstorm makes wyverns re-aggro and come back to your balloon, literally the only place in the game where it's better than Firebolt because they die to a single crystal charge and come right back to give you more stars. (But people who will cite this one and only niche use for the skill as Hailstorm being good probably have/will never used/use it on a balloon, much less know what a balloon is or less still even want viscount/hawk.)
    FOXAssassin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Well there you go, it has one good use in one place. XD
    FOXAssassin
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hailstorm has another benefit. Much like the projectiles you launch, it also makes you look just as...cool.
    FOXAssassin
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    How about reworking Hailstorm to be more like Rain Casting? It will create a persistent hailstorm or blizzard in the general area that slows down enemies and severely weakens fire magic. This way it can at least be used alongside other magic or other talents and won't be totally ignored.
    Ladame
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Being merely usable does not necessarily amount to being viable.

FOXAssassin