Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rotating items in inventory 90degrees

imunknownimunknown
Mabinogi Rep: 620
edited May 5, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi it would be pretty nice if we could rotate items with lets say a (page up or page down button) with this it makes reorganizing inventory easier and allows for players to use their full inventory space for doll bags. This would be a great addition to the game system.
W3NDAG0NE
  1. do you want to see rotating items function implemented16 votes
    1. Yes
       69% (11 votes)
    2. No
       19% (3 votes)
    3. Dont care
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Tetris crossover?

But in all honesty, this would be neat.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Nope because that would cut into their profit margins.
    W3NDAG0NE
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 5, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »

The heck is this excuse?

My excuse is that i would find this inconvenient if i needed to look for some items in inventory and might not recognize some of them because of constant location and rotation changes when sorting inventory.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Inventory management is the primary focus of Mabinogi, so adding the ability to rotate and flip items, along with other inventory innovations, would give the most gameplay improvement for the development effort. I'd also like the addition of oddly shaped items (like tetris shapes and beyond) to give us more inventory variety along with all of the rectangular items. Examples: Pickaxe in a T-shape. Scythes in a big L-shape. Long boots in a medium L-shape. Sickles, Hoes, and L-rods in a 3 tile L-shape.

iyAcsKM.jpg

Pan
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

The heck is this excuse?

My excuse is that i would find this inconvenient if i needed to look for some items in inventory and might not recognize some of them because of constant location and rotation changes when sorting inventory.

They need to show impressive numbers before the big bid.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited May 6, 2019
    +1 to THICCthighssavelives suggestion
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It will be fun for some, but annoying for others.
    Greta
  • W3NDAG0NEW3NDAG0NE
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Greta wrote: »

The heck is this excuse?

I think this is a cop out, if anything the way to properly implement it would be requiring you to "page up"/90 degrees move the object. this would allow more use of niche keybinds (a standardized process by 2009) and would catch us up to mobile.

Sory for the late add on, but i think its a very good idea, and would greatly add to inventory management.