Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

With the 2h update...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited May 6, 2019 in General Chat
What would you consider to be the best 2h blade out there (BESIDES divine blade and lol...soluna blade)? I'm sure there are a handful of players out there who are wondering and I would like to discuss it here. Please provide some popular choices and comparisons with your opinions or reasons.
Helsa

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    I ended up writing this kind of backwards so you might want to read bottom up.

MOST HONORABLE MENTION: Brionac, relevant from early to end game, if you're playing a human you should always have this beast and a cylinder to shock it at the ready in your inventory, early on it gives you a big max damage that you likely wont have otherwise due to lower str, and beyond that it reduces the protection of many boss and raid monsters, this is one sword 2 handed sword that will be useful all throughout the game. Uses AP to repair which may sound scary early game but it won't lose durability at all while using final hit so just be sure to take it off when FH runs out.
    End game: Soluna erg 50 with sao 67 or meteoroid with 3 pierce roll suffix, splash stats same as divine blade but over 100 more max damage and you get 3 base pierce instead of 1. (Even elves can equip this)
    Late game 20000+: Divine blade erg 40-50 sao 67 or Solitude with 2+ pierce roll suffix, 300 splash range still, but moves up to 150 degree angle and a massive 90% splash damage ratio. Erg at this point is worth investing into, even if you get a soluna later you're far enough in that an erg transfer crystal is worth doing zebach for, at erg 40 your splash range is boosted by 102 to 402 bringing it pretty much inline with a splash range upgraded celtic axe, but with significantly higher splash damage, going to full way to erg 50 brings you up to a MASSIVE 600 splash range making every strike of final hit splash for 360% of your max damage in what is effectively a forward shifted windmill's area of effect.
    Mid/late mid game 5000~20000: Fanatic with silence prefix and crocodile or girgashey suffix OR Frosted Borealis with Untamed prefix and croc/girg suffix. Frosted borealis can have a single digit higher max than Fanatic, so make what you can get mats for easier/cheaper or see being sold for less with a good roll. Both are 300 splash range 135 degree angle and 70% splash damage ratio
    erg probably not worthwile at this point but if you don't mind wasting materials and want to slog out mats for divine by yourself with squires and raids instead of buying you can probably go to about 20 without feeling too bad.
    ONLY ERG 5 BELOW THIS LINE
    Early mid/mid game 1500~5000: Below but Royal variants and they're worth enchanting at this point, if you can get a cheap fanatic or get lucky enough to get materials or a drop in girg daily raids use it here and see above for eventual enchants for it. Splash range angle and damage as well as the upgrades are the same for Royal Axe/Hammer variants as listed below.
    Early game 1+: Celtic Warrior Hammer/Axe (non-royal), they're slower than any later options but provide good splash range with hammer reaching a bit further and axe being a bit wider while having EXTREMELY EASY materials to craft (almost exclusively just basic ingots) enchants untamed+violent/fierce but you can easily opt for no enchants early on since you'll be upgrading to better gear. Axe is 300 splash range 110 degree angle and 60% splash damage, while hammer is 400 range 90 angle 50% damage; both can be upgraded for +100 splash range unlike the swords you'll use later in the game, the option also exists to upgrade their splash damage ratios, you can upgrade for +10% twice on the axe or +12% twice on the hammer to bring them up to 80% and 74% respectively.

This list is mostly in the context of Final Hit since the topic is implied to be about it's 2h buff, but it's mostly accurate for general use. But I will throw in that for giants specifically Bhafel Slayer is a viable late game (against unsheerable bosses and normal run spawns of high tier content like Tech Duinn) option above Divine Blade, while it's max damage is lower and it has a smaller splash ratio making it muc less worthwhile to humans using Final Hit, it has the benefit of receiving 2 piercing levels after upgrades compared to Divine Blade's 1. I also included total level ranges I believe the weapons will be useful within for relevant content, but this is completely arbitrary and mostly only to serve as a loose "goal" for when you would want to be using them.
    CrimsọnAlshianFaithrendKensamaofmariHeavenlyLifeRaykaTrythisVaughanSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 6, 2019
    Comprehensive to boot! :O

Rip thread, maybe others can still contribute to this thread. We'll see. XD

(Also I just discovered we can't say a f anymore).
    Helsa
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Give this person all the likes and insights, this is a saint with these info.
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Alshian wrote: »

Too lazy to read that novel.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Greta wrote: »

GASP! How dare a PC user deny such info because its a wall of TEXT!

Oh wells.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 7, 2019

Time to play something else eh?

Because really, to play any game good you kinda have to read through some text. 9dnGeIh.png
    Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 7, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »

Because really, to play any game good you kinda have to read through some text. 9dnGeIh.png
    https://web.archive.org/save/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5274/excessive-spam-and-the-vanilla-forums/p2

When i feel like it, i can read more, but usually i prefer to read first 3-5 lines and if doesn't catch my attention = sayonara.
    I also don't understand what that link has to do with this thread, but ok.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

When i feel like it, i can read more, but usually i prefer to read first 3-5 lines and if doesn't catch my attention = sayonara.

Well I guess if it doesn't catch your attention towards something you wanna play then it's not worth playing.
    Helsa
  • GretaGreta

Well I guess if it doesn't catch your attention towards something you wanna play then it's not worth playing.

Whatever you say girl.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Celtic warrior axe/hammer -> Celtic royal warrior axe/hammer -> Fanatic/Borealis -> Divine Blade -> Soluna

Made by TL;DR gang gang
    TrythisSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Are they going to make soluna blade more attainable?
    Helsa
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Soluna blade is already available. Just talk to Sabina or your nearest GM.
    THICCthighssavelivesAlexisEUSherri
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I would say Fanatic is best for cheap weapon choice, because it got cheap prefix(Silence: B rank enchant, max 20~27) that is better than Demi lich, and the cost of making it is so low - people drop mats on ground during/after vhm. You could just keep making swords, keep some high damage ones, and blow it up until one of them survive to step 7, if you don't mind building up proficiency.
    Also you can get to like lv25~30 erg without spending too much money, because 2 handed sword erg does not require song stardust or instrument string.
    KingEphy
  • GretaGreta
    Pan wrote: »
    Soluna blade is already available. Just talk to Sabina or your nearest GM.

Ok.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    does the Soluna Blade Manual even exist in the game?
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    I am going to preface, by saying what I am going to say is mostly based on assumptions and could derail this thread and I consider it very crappy for doing so, none the less I want get this out of my chest, so maybe more people can think about this conversation. I think greta may be salty partly to giants getting a buff such as in this thread http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19807/make-humans-unique-again shes the first reply, not saying it matters that she was first but just to find it. Someone responded to OPs post because OP stated that giants got the literal same skill as humans, and linking comments from @Lutetium that make a strong case that its not the exact same skill dps wise. OP responded that it didn't matter if the values are different but the concept is the same and greta liked that comment. Then got another reply saying its fine if humans wanted to be unique but also quoted OPs first post ( the OP ) that they said it was a buffed version of FH, so either OP didn't read the comments they linked or they don't care about FH being better and just want to be unique.

Again All speculation so maybe its not the only reason greta is responding like that, could be that its both too long and shes salty or really is just too long and thats the only reason, if I get a warning for this I deserve it. I just wanted to put my two cents on this.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Frosted Borealis with Untamed prefix and croc/girg suffix.

1m per point of repair?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I would not use a weapon that expensive.
    Helsa
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Luckily you don't use dura with FH
    Lutetium
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Frosted Borealis with Untamed prefix and croc/girg suffix.

1m per point of repair?
    Crocodile 98%: 13,554g/point
    Girgashey 98%: 45,180g/point
    Crocodile 100%: 26,529g/point
    Girgashey 100%: 88,430g/point

Not too bad when you consider comparatively, a Celtic Royal Warrior Axe is 17,428g per point at 98% and 34,469 at 100% as a base fee before any repair multiplying enchants. Repairs are definitely the game's biggest gold sink, and those Giant folk who use those axes consume durability every Full Swing outside of Beast mode, and every hit of Final Strike as well, but
    Trythis wrote: »
    Luckily you don't use dura with FH
    Quite a big advantage for those playing humans, especially with this buff to Final Hit and Two handed weapons :)

My girlfriend who plays a human crafted herself a max roll Fanatic Greatsword and proceeded to slap Silence+Girgashey onto it and she seems to be quite enjoying decimating Peaca Abyss with it, don't even need to lure the Duke away from his minions now since the huge splash keeps them all stunned and knocked away now that she's using the Fanatic instead of dual CRKs. Funny how a buff to an offensive skill ended up bringing forward more defensive uses for it as well.