Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let's make armors have poison resistance attribute

GTCvActiumGTCvActium
Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
in Feedback and Suggestions
As you know we have all sorts of equipment listed as heavy, light and clothing categories, my suggestion is that the more armor you wear, the resistant you will be to poisoning. A full clothing set for example would give 10% resistance, light sets 60% and heavy sets 90%. This means that with a complete heavy armor set, you will have a 90% chance of not getting poisoned from poison attacks.

So for clothing the break down for poison resistance will be like this:

Equip slot: Clothing Light Heavy
Head: + 1% +6% +9%
Body: +5% +30% +45%
Hand: +2% +12% +18%
Feet: +2 +12% +18%

What do you think?
TolnaTHICCthighssavelives

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You know when you got enough HP poison barely makes a dent. With HP uncapped now I would never invest in a armor like this.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Gaea wrote: »
    You know when you got enough HP poison barely makes a dent. With HP uncapped now I would never invest in a armor like this.

Um, doesn't poison damage scale off HP, so the more HP you have, the more poison damage you take? Which means having higher HP actually makes poison damage even more effective against you?
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Um, doesn't poison damage scale off HP, so the more HP you have, the more poison damage you take? Which means having higher HP actually makes poison damage even more effective against you?

True and to my understanding you arent referring to a set of armor with these attributes , but a poison resistance system implemented. So you wouldnt be investing into anything. and imo this sounds reasonable. i think 90% might be a lil high even for full heavy tho
  • AlexLightAlexLight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Or perhaps something like a Poison Resistance skill
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I'd be fine just Light and Heavy having resistance but would want a guaranteed poison on critical hit or a poison resistance skill like what Alex mentioned.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Maybe they could allow us to keybind antidotes, if there is pls tell me.

I have an inv full of antidotes for good measures. Id also like Antidotes to have an effect buff when used:

Not only does it cure poison but gives a 3 minute immunity to poison. Make it happen Nexon.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Alshian wrote: »

I have an inv full of antidotes for good measures. Id also like Antidotes to have an effect buff when used:

Not only does it cure poison but gives a 3 minute immunity to poison. Make it happen Nexon.

You can keybind antidote pots, there's an option for it in the keyboard setting in the settings menu.
    Alshian
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I acutally like the suggestion of a poison resistance skill that alexa mentioned. Could have the training requirements be getting poisoned and curing poison, and then have it give a passive chance to decrease getting poisoned, and if possible decrease damage over time from poison.
    AlexLight
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »

You can keybind antidote pots, there's an option for it in the keyboard setting in the settings menu.

thanks, all this time i had not known.