Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina Server Merge?

AlyssakariAlyssakari
Mabinogi Rep: 515
edited May 10, 2019 in General Chat
Ok so I am probably going to get some hate for this, but yes I am hell'a salty over the merge and so are many other people I know and for good reason. So here are the problems I have seen with the server merge and why Alexina should 100% be involved in this.

1 - Is the merge good? Yes. Do I care? No, not until Alexina is brought into the picture. This is where my first issue is. Call me selfish, but if Alexina isn't involved I don't care for the maintenance time. I am going to take a gander at a bare minimum of 8-hour maintenance for this server merge and I am going to also assume that Alexina is forced into this. Is Alexina going to see any compensation for a long maintenance time that doesn't affect them and leaves a majority of its players salty? No, probably not. If this isn't the case, then I will apologise in advance. But it would also be nice for Nexon to confirm this and also give an estimation on the maintenance time for this server merge.

2 - I heard a lot of people blaming server loads and being able to handle the player count as an excuse for not incorporating Alexina into the merge. However, I don't think (even with the merge of all 4 currently running servers) that we would hit prime time pre-2014 Alexina server.

3 - "As Alexina is the server with the healthiest population" This is very true. But does ample population account for everything? No. Looking into active players and end game content, I would assume that Nao server would almost double the end game and active playing population of Alexina.

4 - From friends and guild, I can say that Alexina players are returning to old accounts on Tarlach/Ruari/Mari and/or are creating accounts on the new Nao server and transferring to Nao. This will ultimately leave Alexina in the dust. Furthermore, I am going to guess that Nao will become the new 'recommended' server, meaning Alexina will be getting very few new players. So, while it is currently a healthy population, this will not be permanent. Why not just merge all of the servers? I imagine it costs to run these servers. would it not also cut the costs for Nexon to merge everything?

5 - "We look forward to the new memories that you will be forming on Alexina" BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED?!

To be honest, I am salty and I don't intend to transfer to Nao. But Alexina has also wanted this merge and I'm kind of sick of seeing Nexon making so many low blows and bad decisions. I'm not the only salty player, but seriously. Are we not even going to remotely consider Alexina?
PanMeikiTwelieGretaZeoWolfsingerOroshisamaMikuV3UberchaoAkarikittyand 2 others.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    I am russian. :trollface:

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Pan
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am russian. :trollface:

No, you are Gaea.

But in my opinion, they should allow those who want to depart Alexina depart, that way those who want to stay, stay. But my opinion doesn't matter, after all no one cared for my desired autonomy of Mari.
    PanAlyssakariDarkpixie99
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited May 10, 2019
    I agree with individual server transfer.

Your comment was edited for the following reason: Inappropriate language
  • VeebatVeebat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,495
    I am in favor of server merge and really want it to happen. It'd be healthier for endgame content.
    Zeo
  • CyriseCyrise
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Leaving out Alexina is pretty much taking us out to the woods and pulling and Old Yeller on us, plenty of alexina players are ready to switch over to Nao, were beating a dead horse by creating another problem when leaving out a server
    TwelieZeoWolfsingerGretarjk10123Windworldsis
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Would you like to merge them now or wait til they get home?
    Wolfsinger
  • AlyssakariAlyssakari
    Individual server merge never occured to me as an idea. Great idea and that way Alexina players are not disregarded. Personally, 100% in favor of this!
  • PanPan
    Alexina is going to become the new Tarlach. Watch it die slowly and it's all thanks to Nexon. Thank Nexon for killing another half of the population.
    AlyssakariZeoGretaShakayaKitinirjk10123
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It will eventually be merged; faster if it dies out.
    Toppings
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    No.

If people are threatening to abandon Alexina and move to the Nao server, go ahead and let them try. It's not that easy to drop your 20k character and start all over again. There are too many established players on Alexina for the population to die off, people are panicking over nothing.

Secondly - and I've pointed this out before - why would you want to be part of this learning process for Nexon? Because that's what it is - they've never done this before, they haven't figured out everything yet and they're probably going to be ironing out post-merge kinks for months after.

Let them merge the other three first, discover all the possible issues that come up and learn how to fix them or pre-emptively avoid them. That way if Alexina dies and gets merged in the future, we'll have a more experienced team working on it and the transition will be much smoother. Let other people be the guinea pigs. We don't need to be part of that mess.
    PolicromaLeineiWolfsingerKitiniChaosShadowMaiaroseangelWindworldsis
  • PanPan
    We're missing out on our chances to break some sealstones.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Let's be real, no one here is ever gonna reach the seal stones first.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This poll is trashed by haters... Remove it OP.
    ZeoAlyssakariWolfsinger
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    merge is good to increase active players
    but seeing how complicated it will be for players undergoing merge Im skeptical
    (im actually glad that my feeble mind doesnt have to go through that)
    Pan wrote: »
    We're missing out on our chances to break some sealstones.
    Eralea wrote: »
    Let's be real, no one here is ever gonna reach the seal stones first.
    well u could suggest to have seal stones reset each year (or maybe twice or trice each year)
    and the players that already have the title wont be able to break it anymore

If u guys want to leave Alexina and start over at another server im more than willing to keep or have the stuff ur leaving behind
    Im broke and im in need of funds so send them over through mailbox or send me a note to trade it (I meant give it to me)
    IGN: teranozxz
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    If u guys want to leave Alexina and start over at another server im more than willing to keep or have the stuff ur leaving behind
    Im broke and im in need of funds so send them over through mailbox or send me a note to trade it (I meant give it to me)
    IGN: teranozxz
    I hope you realise that by saying that your mailbox is going to be full of dead bees for the next few weeks.
    AlyssakariWolfsinger
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 10, 2019
    As an Alexinian, I speak only for myself, but I genuinely do not think we should merge all four servers into one. It would just be more lag for everyone, especially for my server. Why are you all so butthurt? Do we need to rename Alexina Butthurt now? Anal Pain? Rear Agony? I got more suggestions if you all want to hear them out.

The issue right now isn't that Alexina is dying, it is that event-wise, there is nothing encouraging active gameplay, and this is important because actual, permanent content of any significant effort takes an extraordinarily long time to develop relative to events.

The problem isn't our population, it is our activity, and may I remind you that in the US, most college students have just earned a brief reprieve after final exams?
    HarukariPolicromaAlyssakariWolfsingerMaiaroseangel
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Just merge all servers and call it a day.

With dwindling population across all servers, there isn't much sense in separating the players.

You can blame Nexon for trash events but players were far more active regardless of events before.

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 10, 2019
    I'll add my piece here. I do not think Alexina should merge with the others. Locking out newbies for a month would generally be bad for business. I have seen dead servers on various games, and Alexina is *NOT* one of them by any stretch of the imagination.

Even at 7AM I found active players messing around in various areas, running content, or just having fun. Were they speaking out loud? No. Because discord, groupchat, and guildchat are a thing.

Are there AFK players? Sure. Because Mabi has a lot of events that require extra login time, Mabi is the one MMO that lets you get away with AFKing, and because it's the time of day that most people are working.

Does channel 1 fill up like it used to? No. Because auction house now serves the purpose of "shop channel". So people who are online spread out more, have less AFK alts on other machines, etc. There's nothing artificially locking players to a single channel like there was before.

The other servers have been asking for this for years. Let them have it. Honestly, I think most of this is jealousy that the other servers are getting something "new and shiny" and Alexina is "not". Even though the "new and shiny" thing is neither new nor shiny, and doesn't affect us in the least, so long as people don't meme the whole thing into a FUD-panic.
    LeineiKageitoEraleaWolfsingerBuffalosNomnomnomsMikuV3Maia
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    No.

If people are threatening to abandon Alexina and move to the Nao server, go ahead and let them try. It's not that easy to drop your 20k character and start all over again. There are too many established players on Alexina for the population to die off, people are panicking over nothing.

Secondly - and I've pointed this out before - why would you want to be part of this learning process for Nexon? Because that's what it is - they've never done this before, they haven't figured out everything yet and they're probably going to be ironing out post-merge kinks for months after.

Let them merge the other three first, discover all the possible issues that come up and learn how to fix them or pre-emptively avoid them. That way if Alexina dies and gets merged in the future, we'll have a more experienced team working on it and the transition will be much smoother. Let other people be the guinea pigs. We don't need to be part of that mess.

This. Personally, I'm wondering if they're just planning on doing it in two parts. Plus, not factoring Alexina into this allows new players to come into an active server while the rest of ours are down. Alexina can still make new pets, characters and partners. We in Ruairi, Tarlach or Mari can't until June 3rd (barring any unforeseen issues).

Furthermore, Nexon NA is probably being told by Nexon KR to handle it this way. The part where they're just merging the first three servers is probably an order from Nexon KR.
    PolicromaWolfsinger
  • AlyssakariAlyssakari
    TBH, I admit that I didn't consider that Nexon may do it in parts as doing all in 1 requires that no new players will be able to join. But I think if this is the case, then Nexon should be releasing information on what is planned for the future with Alexina. I'd imagine that both the players that want to merge and players that don't would most probably want to know if there is a planned merge or payable character server transfer or not.
    No.

This is true and I don't intend to leave Alexina for 2 reasons - my character I worked hard on and the friendships I have already made. But as I originally mentioned, I am going to pre-assume that Nexon is going to make Nao the new recommended server. Tarlach, Mari and Ruari mostly died because Alexina became the default/recommended server and in doing so, new players were re-located to clicking Alexina as their server of preference. By making Nao the recommended server, I would think that Alexina is going to fall into the same problem. There will not be many new players come in, as old players continue to quit over boring afk content.