Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It's official: merge baby merge

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    what saddens me the most is not one is even above half Lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    cant wait to see the guild battle and how many ppl leave there guilds for the titles XD

That's fine by me, sick of seeing Relics and Peppermint monopolizing it endlessly on Ruairi. >:]

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited May 10, 2019
    I'm surprised Nexon ignored Alexina. Maybe Alexina is secretly an elf.
  • AlshianAlshian
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nexon ignored Alexina. Maybe Alexina is secretly and elf.

Well, some believed it is to give server transfer fee some uses so they can profit from players to change servers instead of having all in one go but that could just be half true from the story.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    In all honesty, they really should've just put the server transfer stuff in the cash shop. A good source of non-gacha cash, lets people decide if they actually want to stay on a quiet server, and no one feels left out. Also less chance of royally exploding the game, cause lets face it, there's going to be a sizable portion of us that's gonna hit a snag of sorts. Missing items, rollbacks, corrupted data, etc. Oh, this is also a PSA for everyone affected by the merge, TAKE AN INVENTORY OF YOUR ENTIRE INVENTORY.
    Kitini
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Alshian wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nexon ignored Alexina. Maybe Alexina is secretly and elf.

Well, some believed it is to give server transfer fee some uses so they can profit from players to change servers instead of having all in one go but that could just be half true from the story.

They limited the scope of the merge because they were trying to find a compromise between folks that wanted a merge and those that didn't. In other words, it was a typical gutless conservative bottom-line business decision. It should have been all four or none at all, and they chose the one that can lead to the most trouble especially technically. Because a partial merge is so much more problematic than a complete one, we have the weird name uniqueness solution of adding the old server name directly into the character name. Plain and simple that was a sloppy solution and will bite them in the butt. They're telling folks to empty items out of certain receptacles and store the items elsewhere. Putting the emphasis on the player base to smooth over the transition is sloppy, and is a result of a partial merge. Telling folks to screen-shot their UI, is also sloppy. The UI is data in a file. Take steps to protect it. Not doing so is also sloppy.

It need not be this way, but since they chose a partial merge instead of a full one or none at all, they've opened up several cans of worms. In the end folks are gonna blame the general concept of merging as the source of all their problems when it is really how the merge was planned. I have been defending Nexon for years on their ability to handle a merge and I feel betrayed.
  • FalaflameFalaflame
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    edited May 10, 2019
    To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of a merge. In my opinion, there was nothing a merge would have accomplished that a simple server transfer wouldn't have. But then, there are some people who have flown off the deep end and started threatening to grief player names out of spite just because they felt wronged over something they felt entitled to.

I mean, yeah it sucks that Alexina gets to miss out but you gotta remember that you've had a "NEW" tag for several years (at least 7+ years) and basically sapped the life out of the other 3 servers up to this point, leading to such an extraordinary amount of player differential that has led the other servers by a country mile, something the other servers never recovered from. So on one hand, Nexon might be doing this for profit, and on another, they may be fixing something they screwed up from the very start.
    kinsuya
  • AlshianAlshian
    I always had never took the side of Nexon ever since reforges. Now they will make content where your hit with a paywall because you would likely never be able to beat it unless you reforge, of course you can without them but it is getting there.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Ceui wrote: »
    Yes, let's build a wall between Alexina and Nao. Make Mabinogi great again.

Jokes aside, I think it would be better to merge all the servers. Not sure why they decided to keep Alexina out.

Who's gonna pay or it?
  • MeankiddMeankidd
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    I hope they change their mind and merge alexina as well. I started on mari in 2009 and played it up until 2018 cause it was so dead I swapped to alexina... now I have to choose between my new alexina character i've been playing or my old mari character with way more pets and levels. they should just do it all.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Gaea wrote: »

Rip Alexina. You are so screwed. You are going to end up becoming the smallest server. Mark my words! XD

*second largest

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm hoping Alexina just gets added later. Remember how we can't create characters, pets, or partners on the three merging servers while Alexina still can. This is probably so new players can come in still and not be completely blocked out. That'd be a really bad thing to do in terms of dealing with the public, not allowing new players to come into a game I mean. This thing is still pretty new for Nexon NA as well, so it's probably better to do the server merge with only most of the servers, rather than all of the servers, in case stuff goes weird. Furthermore, it's highly likely Nexon KR is telling NA to proceed in this fashion.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    .. This overall makes me laugh so much. On how people continuously was against the idea of a merge as well as stated it like it was a fact it was impossible. xD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    Meankidd wrote: »
    I hope they change their mind and merge alexina as well. I started on mari in 2009 and played it up until 2018 cause it was so dead I swapped to alexina... now I have to choose between my new alexina character i've been playing or my old mari character with way more pets and levels. they should just do it all.

I can tell you that I know a lot of people who are just going to return to their old servers because of this merger. Pets win.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • ValenmirValenmir

Jokes aside, I think it would be better to merge all the servers. Not sure why they decided to keep Alexina out.

Who's gonna pay or it?

Alexina clearly will.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Tayloreski wrote: »

Who's gonna pay or it?

Alexina clearly will.

How about you?
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Greta wrote: »

Who's gonna pay or it?

Alexina clearly will.

How about you?

Judging from the post on the other forum you replied to and this one, I get the feeling you really don't want this merge.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Who's gonna pay or it?

Alexina clearly will.

How about you?

Judging from the post on the other forum you replied to and this one, I get the feeling you really don't want this merge.

No it's you. Lol.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited May 10, 2019

Who's gonna pay or it?

Alexina clearly will.

How about you?

No it's you. Lol.

Erm...? Do you have a problem with me? or are you accusing me of having issues with the merge?... Very confused.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited May 10, 2019

Who's gonna pay or it?

Alexina clearly will.

How about you?

No it's you. Lol.

Erm...? Do you have a problem with me? or are you accusing me of having issues with the merge?... Very confused.

Somehow I'm reminded of this.
    ValenmirRadiant Dawn