Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

With the 2h update...

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Frosted Borealis with Untamed prefix and croc/girg suffix.

1m per point of repair?
    Crocodile 98%: 13,554g/point
    Girgashey 98%: 45,180g/point
    Crocodile 100%: 26,529g/point
    Girgashey 100%: 88,430g/point

Not too bad when you consider comparatively, a Celtic Royal Warrior Axe is 17,428g per point at 98% and 34,469 at 100% as a base fee before any repair multiplying enchants. Repairs are definitely the game's biggest gold sink, and those Giant folk who use those axes consume durability every Full Swing outside of Beast mode, and every hit of Final Strike as well, but
    Trythis wrote: »
    Luckily you don't use dura with FH
    Quite a big advantage for those playing humans, especially with this buff to Final Hit and Two handed weapons :)

My girlfriend who plays a human crafted herself a max roll Fanatic Greatsword and proceeded to slap Silence+Girgashey onto it and she seems to be quite enjoying decimating Peaca Abyss with it, don't even need to lure the Duke away from his minions now since the huge splash keeps them all stunned and knocked away now that she's using the Fanatic instead of dual CRKs. Funny how a buff to an offensive skill ended up bringing forward more defensive uses for it as well.

For those that can afford it, the Divine Blade with good Erg and FH is amazing. It's so good I give it the unofficial nickname of "Anti-Tech Duinn"
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Tfw you're almost 25k but you're still bashing with gathering knives and final hitting with phoenix feather swords...
    Sherri
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 14, 2019
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Tfw you're almost 25k but you're still bashing with gathering knives and final hitting with phoenix feather swords...

lol so i'm not the only 1 bashing stuff with gathering knife XD, Does Soluna Blade Exist on Na Server that is not come from GM?
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Tfw you're almost 25k but you're still bashing with gathering knives
    That's what I do on my 25k elf when my beginner fluted short sword runs out of durability too.
    Rayka wrote: »
    Does Soluna Blade Exist on Na Server that is not come from GM?
    Probably but I don't think anyone will admit to having it or equip it in public out of fear of being harassed endlessly after slogging through phantasm tens of thousands of times.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 15, 2019
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Tfw you're almost 25k but you're still bashing with gathering knives
    That's what I do on my 25k elf when my beginner fluted short sword runs out of durability too.
    Rayka wrote: »
    Does Soluna Blade Exist on Na Server that is not come from GM?
    Probably but I don't think anyone will admit to having it or equip it in public out of fear of being harassed endlessly after slogging through phantasm tens of thousands of times.

...And this is the point I disagree with you, especially if it is anywhere else but Alexina. Honestly, seeing as how there are people who run phantasm frequently enough to attest to how bad the drop rates are for our population, I doubt there are even enough materials, even with alternate accounts.

The issue is definitely the Solite and Lunite, followed by Fate Fragments.

Even Korea had to spend quite a bit of time and money for it (Apparently), and they have servers many times our size.

Honestly, if the droprates were not that poor, then people wouldn't have developed the expectations that any copies they have seen are GM generated.By extent, there would be no issue to equipping it.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    ...And this is the point I disagree with you, especially if it is anywhere else but Alexina. Honestly, seeing as how there are people who run phantasm frequently enough to attest to how bad the drop rates are for our population, I doubt there are even enough materials, even with alternate accounts.
    I'm sure there's trust fund NEETs outside of Alexina that have all day to play the game and don't need to work because they invested into property and live off renting it out to people; Not that I'm naming anyone specifically.
    The issue is definitely the Solite and Lunite, followed by Fate Fragments.
    Can't forget Duskblade as well as the smithing manual it's self, and then Dawnblade being locked behind Alban's 3 runs per day, they're very considerably lower drop rates even if you need less. On the bright side Alban runs aren't per account they're per character, as is the squires system for getting Alban seal boxes from Shuan.

Definitely low droprates, but I wouldn't be so quick to discount (the rest of) NA as being unable to make the sword, we have some very dedicated players over here even if we don't have as many people as Korea; or Alexina. I can definitely tell you that Tarlach's got at least a couple destructive robe patterns floating around, though I am admittedly not sure if they've actually been used to craft any yet.

In all fairness, at this point I'd say Soluna will end up deprecated in a few generations looking how insanely good the revenant and ferocious weapons out of g23 were for Puppet, Alchemy, and especially Fighter. That one's just me making assumptions though.
  • SikelhSikelh
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Considering fashion is the true endgame here the real answer is Highlander Claymore.