Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ticking Quiz Bomb

ShiryllianShiryllian
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited December 10, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Deleted

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    No.
    I was one of the people which regularly voiced to get these removed because people would purposely troll and lock people in place. People would use them on players who were running content, AFK, doing raids etc.
    There is still ways people can force someone into combat stance, by luring animals to someone, having the animal attack the person and putting them into combat stance and then using the item on them.
    1.5k is way to high also, because their are alot of players that are under 1.5k which could be targeted.
    I am glad these things are gone and will never return.
    KensamaofmariAmaraz
  • ShiryllianShiryllian
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I had a friend who got from 1k to 5k within a day due to Blaanid and Potential Level...trust me, lv1.5k is nothing nowadays.

As for your other points I understand, and to that I say...they can make it unusable while either player is in a dungeon, raid, shadow mission, etc. As for afk...I mean there should be an afk system in this game anyway to kick inactive players after a certain amount of time, so that's not really that big an issue. Kind of annoying seeing half the population just be afk people...getting on just to afk and practically die there. I understand those who afk for a shop but they can easily just be excluded since they have a shop open.

Anyway, I digress, your points are valid, but there are ways around it to avoid such things.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Shiryllian wrote: »
    I had a friend who got from 1k to 5k within a day due to Blaanid and Potential Level...trust me, lv1.5k is nothing nowadays.

As for your other points I understand, and to that I say...they can make it unusable while either player is in a dungeon, raid, shadow mission, etc. As for afk...I mean there should be an afk system in this game anyway to kick inactive players after a certain amount of time, so that's not really that big an issue. Kind of annoying seeing half the population just be afk people...getting on just to afk and practically die there. I understand those who afk for a shop but they can easily just be excluded since they have a shop open.

Anyway, I digress, your points are valid, but there are ways around it to avoid such things.

If you've seen it happen, you'll know how bad it was.
    Very early on, they were fun when friends play pranks on each other. But once trolls started abusing them on the innocent, that was the last straw. Also, when there were a lot of newbies (new players or alts) and bots back then, they were hard to differentiate and there were a lot of complaints as bot hunters would target all newbie like characters. And there were trolls who did it to everyone, especially if they had some sort of dispute. It was like a Reign of Terror.

It becomes a bad item once it starts being abused to hurt others. I don't think it should or return as an item. There are other ways to combat bots and it shouldn't be up to the player community to do it, it's Nexon's job to keep games clean and healthy.
    AlexLight
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Not to mention it shifts the work and cost on the player base. Aren't there GM's to do this kind of thing; it's not like add bots are hard to spot. The number of required GM characters is about to be cut in half too.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    I wasn't playing during the time they had those bombs, but just the idea sounds very cancerous. Putting power in the players' hands is almost never a good idea when it comes to controlling the AI vs IRL gamer population. If you want a good way to get rid of bots, a good idea is to have Nexon remove the aspect of friendslist where if you blacklist someone it counts as a friend on your list. If you want to do more than blacklist them and get a bot banned or whatever, I guess take a screenshot or a video of what's going on and submit it.