Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

about the merge name nao

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
in General Chat
i think there should of been a poll of what npc to name the server after cuz nao was the beta server name b4

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ferghus.
    WolfsingerMaiaroseangelDanievictria
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    i think there should of been a poll of what npc to name the server after cuz nao was the beta server name b4

And also, Nao sucks.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alissa.
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    i have three names in mind Shamala Ferghus or Altam
    Greta wrote: »
    Ferghus.

Ferghus when he hears his name called.
    QuarterlyCreepyEmu-size_restricted.gif
    WolfsingerroseangelDanievictria
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Carasek
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    Yeah you know, I agree with this. Why didn't we have a poll to determine what the new server was going to be named?

Oh well, too late now. There's already an abundance of memes out there already.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah you know, I agree with this. Why didn't we have a poll to determine what the new server was going to be named?

Oh well, too late now. There's already an abundance of memes out there already.

It shall be called Milletian.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    It's one name for three servers, so... Babd Catha?
    The name of the three Goddesses (Morrigan, Macha and Nemain)
    roseangel
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If there's gonna be two servers left: then rename Alexina to Iria since it'll be mostly empty, and call Nao Uladh since that's where all the action will be.

But once there's one sever only either call it Helsa or ConnorMcLeod, since there can be only one.
    Helsa wrote: »
    If there's gonna be two servers left: then rename Alexina to Iria since it'll be mostly empty, and call Nao Uladh since that's where all the action will be.

But once there's one sever only either call it Helsa or ConnorMcLeod, since there can be only one.

Belvast will be market server.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Should of been my waifu Aer.
    Aer.png

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I'm actually quite glad there wasn't a poll or anything related that allowed the community to decide something so big. Plus I do like Nao for the name regardless, so it's still a win in that regard.
    Helsaroseangel
  • HelsaHelsa
    Zarric wrote: »
    I'm actually quite glad there wasn't a poll or anything related that allowed the community to decide something so big. Plus I do like Nao for the name regardless, so it's still a win in that regard.

Unless, of course, it was called Boaty McBoatface! :)
    Gaby5011
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 17, 2019
    You forgot the part that Alexina players would be able to vote too. I would definitely vote for Ferghus or Joe or... Glewyas. Or maybe Millia? :trollface:
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Nao was the name of the beta server when it was first being released on NA. The way I see it is that Nao is the mother with a nice house in the suburbs and Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach are her children that left, went to work, then returned broke and bankrupt, causing the elderly mother (Nao) to take care of them again.

Mother Nao: "I left your rooms exactly as they were, everything will be the same, except I get to call you all worthless"

Mari/Tarlach/Ruairi: "Yes mom...."
    WolfsingerKensamaofmariKttyArjuneKitiniShakayaDanievictria
  • IPandaIPanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Nao is perfect. It the mascot of Mabinogi. I'm glad there was no "poll".
    KageitoHollyBlueAgateShakaya
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Zarric wrote: »

Yeah but it's already been used in server history. They could of went with something more original. 9dnGeIh.png

• LepeltjeLepeltje
    Mabinogi Rep: 895
    I wonder if they picked Nao because merging the servers in a way is a kind of "rebirth" and she helps us everytime we go to do that? A different name could have been nice though.
    WolfsingerHollyBlueAgate
  • HelsaHelsa
    Lepeltje wrote: »
    I wonder if they picked Nao because merging the servers in a way is a kind of "rebirth" and she helps us everytime we go to do that? A different name could have been nice though.

Doubtful, it probably went down something like this:

At Meeting to discuss Server Merge
    Someone: We can't use one of the existing server names because that will alienate the other two servers.
    Chair: so what should we call it?
    Someone else: uh how about Nao?
    Chair: yeah sure that'll do, let's move on we got a lot of ground to cover.