Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So who is going to change their name?

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited May 14, 2019 in General Chat
I have decided that I am going to drop the name Gaea and go with something else. Don't worry I am still going to reserve Gaea so no one else can use it. But yeah it's gonna happen because I don't want to be discriminated anymore. Plus new server, new beginnings. But I was wondering who else is going to change their identity? If so what will be your reasons?
PanHelsa

Comments

• LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    When they come out, if they are available for Alexina players, I will change my name for sure. I haven't decided which name I will switch to yet, but I am very done with being called "Lad". ;w;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Ladame wrote: »
    When they come out, if they are available for Alexina players, I will change my name for sure. I haven't decided which name I will switch to yet, but I am very done with being called "Lad". ;w;

Hahahahaha...well at least it was funny. Yes when they release name change coupons they will be available for everyone. It would make no sense to not make them available for everyone.

I have purchased a couple lizards to reserve a couple names in case they don't immediately release name change coupons. One is for the name I don't want anyone to use, it will just cause trouble for someone to use that name anyway. The other will be for the name I am going to use. I will then change my name when the dust has settled.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa
  • LadameLadame
    Gaea wrote: »
    Ladame wrote: »

Hahahahaha...well at least it was funny. Yes when they release name change coupons they will be available for everyone. It would make no sense to not make them available for everyone.

I have purchased a couple lizards to reserve a couple names in case they don't immediately release name change coupons. One is for the name I don't want anyone to use, it will just cause trouble for someone to use that name anyway. The other will be for the name I am going to use. I will then change my name when the dust has settled.

Knowing the antics Nexon gets up to, you never know! Nothing surprises me at least. ^^; I have a pet whose name I would take honestly, if it wasn't lvl 200. v_v
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You probably will need to change your name few more times if you won't stop this attitude of yours.
    KitiniSollTheNyanCatSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 15, 2019
    I am changing my name to Nathaniel Sexfire. B)

On a scale of 1-10, how hot and how cool is that name?
  • Darkfire16Darkfire16
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Absolutely dropping Darkfire16 for something more in-line with my discord/other game names. I tend to keep a consistent track of using the same name for everything.
  • GretaGreta

Nathaniel is nice, but the other one is just unnecessary lol. The spacebar and second capital letter wouldn't work anyway :D. It kinda pisses me off that this game has symbol and capitalization restrictions... For some reason.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Nathaniel is nice, but the other one is just unnecessary lol. The spacebar and second capital letter wouldn't work anyway :D. It kinda pisses me off that this game has symbol and capitalization restrictions... For some reason.

Plus character count restriction.
  • LadameLadame
    Symbols in names would be amazing. ♥
    In our dreams though Dx
    Kensamaofmariroseangel
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

The second name is the most necessary one though. :/ It is literally the hottest word I can imagine.

I can understand why, given how others may need to be able to type a name in case sensitively, but I suppose this can be circumvented with a first and last name system similar to FF:ARR.
    Radiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    You probably will need to change your name few more times if you won't stop this attitude of yours.

I'm not changing my name on here. >:]

And yes DUH Greta, I'm going to be keeping my ign secret.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Well that's too bad, now I won't be able to go stalk you ingame.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Well that's too bad, now I won't be able to go stalk you ingame.

It is what it is, I've been planning this for a while. You can still stalk me on here. ;)

WolfsingerHelsa
  • AradiaAradia
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I'm changing my name because I played a few years ago and my current ign is cringe lol.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    This present a chance to completely change your identity. When the name change coupons hit delete all your friends, go hide in a secluded area, and change your look/gear. Return as a brand new "beginner" :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    This present a chance to completely change your identity. When the name change coupons hit delete all your friends, go hide in a secluded area, and change your look/gear. Return as a brand new "beginner" :D

Beginner with maxed out skills and hidden gear. XD

Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Beginner with maxed out skills and hidden gear. XD

Sounds like you'll be using Alt+Tab in your deck or cards.
    Wolfsinger
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    Well for me, it will be ROYred; that will be my new IGN unlike my forum user one.
  • GretaGreta
    RoyRed wrote: »
    Well for me, it will be ROYred; that will be my new IGN unlike my forum user one.

Only the first letter in the nickname can be capitalized. It's really dumb honestly...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    RoyRed wrote: »

Only the first letter in the nickname can be capitalized. It's really dumb honestly...

Yeah well we don't need names like xXxBLAZEit420xXx lol.

Maybe they can at least allow 2 capitals.

Helsa