Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Currently in game when I am not?

KiriayaKiriaya
Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
in Technical Support
Hello, all.
I'm not certain where to post this, but I certainly need help. I've been offline for a number of months, and after updating the launcher today, when I go to the Mabinogi tab, it says "Currently in game." and the play button is grey.
I most certainly am not in game. I have tried killing the processes via task manager, and re-installed the launcher. I have no idea what to do.
If anyone can lend a hand, please let me know.

-Kiriaya

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    If you can, I recommend using the Steam version of Mabinogi rather than the one from the launcher. Though the former has its own issues, it will never have the "Currently In-Game" issue that the Nexon Launcher has.

If you are unable or unwilling to use the Steam version, try closing the Nexon Launcher from the lower right of your screen (the small Nexon logo). This will usually end all Mabinogi-related processes, including Nexon Guard (the anti-cheat system, which appears to be the cause for the "Currently In-Game" issue). If this does not work, your best bet would be to restart your computer.
  • KiriayaKiriaya
    Tried all of the above, save for the steam client. Will that still link to my Main, or will I have to start all over? Thank you for the advice!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Kiriaya wrote: »
    Tried all of the above, save for the steam client. Will that still link to my Main, or will I have to start all over? Thank you for the advice!

It would depend on whether your Steam account is the same account email you made for the normal client.

As for the client issue, have you tried disabling all client processes, logged and and restarted the client?
  • KiriayaKiriaya
    edited May 24, 2019
    Yes. Tried all of the above. Further, I can't seem to get into my steam account for the same email.
    I tried on a friend's pc and was able to log in, so at least my characters are still in existence. I tried dumping both launcher and client, attempted a fresh install, and even went so far as to factory reset my computer. It still says "game unable to be installed," but it took about 100mb of download before coming up this time. It no longer says "Currently in game," so that's some progress.
    I'm clueless as to what else to do.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Yea, I don't think it has to do with your account... Have you tried contacting customer support?
    Spareoh
  • KiriayaKiriaya
    Not yet, as I was able to log in in a friends PC. I'm going to try two more things. First, going to try hard line connection to my router. I wonder if its packet loss.
    The second thing will be copying my friends nexon folder and loading it to a thumb drive, then loading onto my c drive.
    I'm unsure, however, if my thumb drives are large enough at 16gb.
    I'll update if either works.

Thank you all for the suggestions thus far. I'll try anything at this point. Mabi withdrawal hurts!

-Kiriaya
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Did you uninstall first, or install over top. Did you make sure the relevant directories and contents were deleted first before reinstall. Do you only have one account? Can you log into other ones?
  • GembiGembi
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    edited June 3, 2019
    CTRL+ALT+DELETE - Go to task manager and exit all Nexon programs and reopen. Be sure to scroll down to find any hidden in the background.

Happens to me sometimes.
    Spareoh
  • NishikiNishiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    Gembi wrote: »
    CTRL+ALT+DELETE - Go to task manager and exit all Nexon programs and reopen. Be sure to scroll down to find any hidden in the background.

Happens to me sometimes.

I was about to say this. Sometimes when I try to exit Mabinogi, it stays running "forever" because there's an internet explorer pop up that always pops up and asks you to rate the game. But if you're like me and have internet explorer uninstalled and blocked, the pop up will get stuck. It'll still be there and it will count as Mabinogi still running until you close it but you have to go into task manager and find the weird internet explorer page and close that. It won't say Nexon or Mabinogi or anything, just a blank IE page.
    Spareoh