Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Issues with the MabiNovel and publishing

RinnieMaeRinnieMae
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Help
I've been trying to publish a MabiNovel essentially all day.
I've rewritten, revised, and even tried to break the small story I wrote into two bits, and still nothing is working.
Every time I save a draft, it only saves up to 9 lines of dialogue, which is super inconvenient considering I've written up to about 25 lines.
I've done the word count and I've made sure I'm within the guidelines for my story, but it just isn't publishing.

I'm not sure what could be wrong, and its starting to annoy me.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Are you still having the issue?
  • McMicah91McMicah91
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I am also having the issue. I write 30 parts, but I can't post the finished work. And when I save as draft, it doesn't save. I lost several hours watching a finishe
  • McMicah91McMicah91
    Update: I think I got it to work. Turns out the Mabinovel doesn't seem to like quotation marks.
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    I'm having the issue as well, and I managed to get up to 40 parts before I hit the word limit. I've edited, revised, but it wont publish. Part of me wonders cause it's a 'how the Romance in Avalon should've ended' 2 maybe 3 part book XD lolz. I don't have quotation marks in mine though... wonder if it's something else, gonna test if it's the parenthesis or the apostrophes.
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    edited April 11, 2019
    No luck, I even lowered down the pieces to 17 parts (Though a book of mine that published months ago with the male squires was 32 parts....), nothing, I removed parenthesis, nothing. It's not apostrophes either. So.... I'm lost as to why it wont publish anymore. (Maybe cause I'm using the Alban Knights and Mabi is being stingy on that lolz).
    Why you gotta be so broken mabi XD LOLZ ?!
    On a side note: I wish they'd let us be able to give us an event book that has the Zebach backgrounds + Romance in Avalon face.... I need that Yandere Altam for SO MANY STORIES XD LOLZ....oh and the wedding dress and tux Ferghus too!
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    I just tried changing the dialogue not to match the parts that were said in Romance in Avalon (Figured it might be cause the system could see I was using some words from there...)... but still not working. Gonna send an S.O.S on this.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    KairiUJMK wrote: »
    I just tried changing the dialogue not to match the parts that were said in Romance in Avalon (Figured it might be cause the system could see I was using some words from there...)... but still not working. Gonna send an S.O.S on this.

Romance in Avalon is a side game; there's no reason why it would have any effect on Mabinogi (especially since it isn't even a reflection of the actual game). The MabiNovel system is not seeing that you're using words from there.

With that said, there appears to be something seriously wrong with the MabiNovel system that should be brought up in the Bugs/Glitches section of the forums if it continues to persist. However, as I haven't tried to publish anything in long time, I probably would not be of help there. :(
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Romance in Avalon is a side game; there's no reason why it would have any effect on Mabinogi (especially since it isn't even a reflection of the actual game). The MabiNovel system is not seeing that you're using words from there.

With that said, there appears to be something seriously wrong with the MabiNovel system that should be brought up in the Bugs/Glitches section of the forums if it continues to persist. However, as I haven't tried to publish anything in long time, I probably would not be of help there. :(

Thanks, that helps. Same. I sent a ticket, but nothing has helped as of late and the Tech Support Team can't even figure what's wrong. I managed to actually publish the first half of my mabinovel as well as an extra novel for publishing issues to test. The last half won't publish though, so the support team has been having ME troubleshoot the issue, so far to no avail. So far all my testing has led me to believe some dialogue may be the case, but which one precisely eludes me :<
  • McMicah91McMicah91
    edited May 21, 2019
    I'm still not able to submit my mabinovel, and I have no idea how to fix it. I don't know if it's a case of "This normal word has part of a bad word in it, so the whole thing is bad," or what. I'm almost to the point where I'm willing to just put the whole thing on the forum to find out what exactly is the problem with it.

Also, I mentioned the Mabinovel issue in Bugs and Glitches. There hasn't even been a sort of response.
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    McMicah91 wrote: »
    I'm still not able to submit my mabinovel, and I have no idea how to fix it. I don't know if it's a case of "This normal word has part of a bad word in it, so the whole thing is bad," or what. I'm almost to the point where I'm willing to just put the whole thing on the forum to find out what exactly is the problem with it.

Also, I mentioned the Mabinovel issue in Bugs and Glitches. There hasn't even been a sort of response.

I can submit some novels, but those are test novels to try to figure out why the main ones I've attempted to do won't publish. It seemed like it fixed up at one point in time, but then it broke down again. I've tried submitting a ticket... not one thing they recommended I do helped. Ultimately, they closed my ticket and set it as 'solved', and for me to submit a new ticket after 'I' figure out what's wrong to tell them.
    So far not sure about bad words being a part that screws over the whole novel or what (Honestly not sure what constitutes as a bad word. I remember typing a common word and it was filtered in game). Trying to test if they won't publish cause of maybe some unseen limit on how many novels you can have on the board at a time.

Though to be honest, if they couldn't fix up Mabinovel's issues, I wish they'd create a Mabinovel forum section. I'd gladly share my cringe, crack, somewhat deep, sugar-induced stories there :(
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Having the same problems. Drafts won't save properly, can't get anything published. I'd get if the publishes were delayed but drafts not working really kills 3 hours
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    I was able to post a one page simple novel but my 24 page one gets no response at all, no errors or anything... If publishing is working (not so much) then what exactly are the limits? I don't remember the page limit being as low as 20. So, is it a word being filtered despite not being a mature word...?
    Not exactly a whole lot to go on. I'd really not rather be making a test novel every week to see if publishing even works or not.
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    I was able to post a one page simple novel but my 24 page one gets no response at all, no errors or anything... If publishing is working (not so much) then what exactly are the limits? I don't remember the page limit being as low as 20. So, is it a word being filtered despite not being a mature word...?
    Not exactly a whole lot to go on. I'd really not rather be making a test novel every week to see if publishing even works or not.

Same. Some smaller novels I've done for testing go through, but the 30+ page ones I do don't (Except for 1 test one). The limits according to the GMs that answered to my ticket are: 40 dialogue lines. 300 character limit to those dialogue lines.

Those were the limits they told me of. Of course even after altering the characters and dialogue lines...it didn't help. I'm honestly not sure why the mabinovel system ain't working anymore :<
    Crisda
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited June 22, 2019
    Is it like when you try to click 'Publish' and then nothing happens? Because that's the same issue I have.
    Last time I made a novel was on the 16th I believe..? So I have waited a week to make another one. :/

EDIT: I also have an issue where my MabiNovel abruptly closes on me when I'm making it. I don't know what causes it though, but it happened when someone summoned a pet once..
    EDIT 2: This also happened when someone used an attack near me..
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited June 30, 2019
    Since there have been changes after Mari's rebirth (i.e. server merge), I'm taking it as a starting point here, and also because I've experienced no such problems with publishing prior to it.
    I was able to submit a couple of MabiNovels. The first one is short and the second one is of like 19 dialogue units (scriptomaniacs, I tell you, that's not short >w<). But, at the same time, I wasn't able to submit one more novel of the same size (19 dialogue units) prior to the second one I mentioned. Moreover, on one of the computers pressing the submission button literally triggered nothing but the sound effect, but on another computer it drew out a notification about the impossibility of submission. So far my guesses have been: (1) some copyright (or other) filters that may misrecognize pieces of text or even letter combinations, thus not letting it to publish (the possibility was also discussed by @Fluorette and @KairiUJMK); (2) exceeding overall amount of designated allowed symbols in a single novel; (3) some Collection Book mechanics glitch that may be affecting unlocked backgrounds and music in a novel; (4) some weird (or not, we should ask Aeira about the rules) restrictions concerning daily/weekly published novels; (5) editing a dialogue (going back to one of the previous ones to edit; so if you do everything in a single try, it probably lets you submit); (6) presence of the same characters as in one of the already published novels marks yours as plagiaristic. I'm not suggesting it to be because of the size, because cutting/extending doesn't help. As of now, to be able to post one exact novel, I've tried: altering the contents to be less probably filtered (see guess 1), to cut a long story short~♪, avoiding to use "None." background music option, avoiding monologues (entries without characters). Nothing of that lead to success. Among the good things, my drafts are being saved and imported correctly.
    I may update this comment later or add another one. Or not.
    EDIT: More guesses! Yayy... I'm practically showing off, because some guesses can be easily checked, but I haven't checked it yet.
    SherriCrisda