Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Queries about name change coupons

JJJJ
Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
in General Chat
1. Can we use it to capitalise the first letter(s) in our name, but otherwise keep the same name?
2. Friend of mine wants to know if names have "Name+Server", does that mean "Name" will be made available to anyone after a period?
3. The answer to this question is no, but I'll ask anyway. Can us EU players have our original server after the +?

I couldn't find the answers to these, sorry if I missed them.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I bet it will be something stupid like you can't, but will be able to if you change your name to something else and then change it back to the original name this time with a capital.

Yeah...once name change coupons are release Name should become available. lol.

That's a definite nope. We're not supposed to have special characters in our names but for this special situation they made it so. I am pretty sure they would not fulfill special requests like that.
  • JJJJ
    Is there not first a period in which the old "Name" are reserved for only people who have "Name+Server"? To prevent stealing someone's fantasy life?
    Are name change requests dealt with automatically or by Nexon staff? If it's staff I doubt there will be an issue of changing letter cases, as long as there are no lower case letters before the uppercase letter(s).
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Is there not first a period in which the old "Name" are reserved for only people who have "Name+Server"? To prevent stealing someone's fantasy life?
    Are name change requests dealt with automatically or by Nexon staff? If it's staff I doubt there will be an issue of changing letter cases, as long as there are no lower case letters before the uppercase letter(s).

Yes. At the moment, if "Bob", for example, got a server tag, then "Bob" without the server tag cannot be claimed by ANYONE until the Name Change Feature.

Once the Name Change Feature is added, there will be a grace period where only the accounts that HAD the plain, serverless "Bob" can claim it; any other accounts will still not be able to claim it. So, at that point, its a battle-royale between whoever had "Bob".

After the grace period, if none of the original "Bob"s have claimed "Bob", then "Bob" will be claimable by anyone.
    Spareoh
  • SenjiSenji
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    edited June 4, 2019
    still nexon abandoned the original nao server users.....by taking a screwdriver on us and put it on power drive.... to play First Come First Serve when we already had it first in the first place before the split of the server.

getting the short end of the stick than those in Mari, Rui, & Tar servers
    Nishiki
  • JJJJ
    edited June 4, 2019
    Can we have a price for the name change? I want to get it sooner than later and it's not easy for me to buy NX where I am. I want to know how much to buy when I'm able to before they're on sale.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Can we have a price for the name change? I want to get it sooner than later and it's not easy for me to buy NX where I am. I want to know how much to buy when I'm able to before they're on sale.

If your name got a server tag forced onto it, you get free Name Change coupons.
    NishikiSpareoh
  • JJJJ

If your name got a server tag forced onto it, you get free Name Change coupons.

I know, however my name did not get a server tag on it, thus why I made above request. Kind of sucks that I have to pay base on the figurative roll (yum, fig roll) of the dice.
  • NishikiNishiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    If I read the FAQ right, it said that no one will be able to make a new character with the name that's +server until after the name change coupons have a chance to go into effect so that no one can just make a new account and swipe that name out from under both of you. But that aside, get ready to have to fight someone for your name whenever the coupons drop. If the person with your user name has been inactive, I think the name can automatically go to you but if they're logged on there's a waiting period for the change to take effect in case they want to try and fight you for the name. I'm not looking forward to the chaos and just really hoping there's a lot of inactive users because all 4 of my characters have name+server
    Spareoh
  • Error_MariError_Mari
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Senji wrote: »
    still nexon abandoned the original nao server users.....by taking a screwdriver on us and put it on power drive.... to play First Come First Serve when we already had it first in the first place before the split of the server.

getting the short end of the stick than those in Mari, Rui, & Tar servers

I disagree. I had my name on Mari before Nao server even existed.