Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Game insta-crashes when trying to load

SpareohSpareoh
Mabinogi Rep: 780
in Technical Support
I haven't been able to log on since the server merge! I can get to the character select screen and choose a character but as soon as I enter the game and it starts trying to load it crashes. I had to switch from using Steam to using Nexon Launcher a few months ago. Is it the launcher or the server merge making everything bad? Is Steam working? I have characters with +server names and I'm afraid that if I can't log on, I can't defend their name when the name change coupons come out.

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    The server merge hasn't affected players' ability to log in, at least based on the amount of players currently playing in Nao server.

Is your PC more along the lines of Recommended Specs or Required Specs (i.e. is it good or just so-so)? Also, The Nexon Launcher, although capricious, shouldn't impact your Mabinogi experience unless your PC is still running Windows XP/Vista.

Have you tried logging in to one of the less populated channels, like Nao's Ch4-Ch5?

Finally (though this is more of a last resort), if you left the game from Dunbarton Square or another very populated area, I recommend selecting Rebirth from the Character Select screen, and choosing to rebirth in either Tir Chonnail or Iria to ensure smooth world entry (and if you wanna keep your age and level, make sure to check the appropriate box).
    Spareoh
  • SpareohSpareoh
    edited June 5, 2019
    I've never had any problem loading Mabinogi before, I was playing literally an hour before Mari got taken down forever. I know it makes no sense to me either and that's why I'm posting here looking for help. I've seen a few other threads with similar problems and I'm hoping it's just the lag and maybe if I take a break and come back in a week it'll be alright but I also see that they're doing a Maintenance later tonight so I'm going to see if that fixes it too.

I have characters in Dunbarton, Tir, Belvast, Filia and outside Rabbie Dungeon and I have tried rebirthing. It almost worked, I got through the actual rebirth just fine but once the game itself starts loading, things literally go grey. But then again, you just mentioned a less crowded channel and every time i try to log on everything 1-6 says full or busy and maybe that's the problem and not my computer?

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me advice, it's very much appreciated

EDIT: I made a new character on the Alexina server instead and it loads with no problem and I'm running around playing again. I have no idea what's going on or if anyone else is having this problem but I'm just going to take this easy-out and stop complaining about it.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Spareoh wrote: »
    I you just mentioned a less crowded channel and every time i try to log on everything 1-6 says full or busy and maybe that's the problem and not my computer?

Yeah that can and will cause the game to crash for many people. as a busy channel approaches full even i crash out. depending on the time of day there are fewer or more people on. If you log on at an off hour you shoud be able to log on a less populated channel.
    Spareoh
  • SpareohSpareoh
    This issue has been resolved for me ever since the July 6th maintenance!

Thank you everyone and could an admin lock or take down this thread?
    [Deleted User]