[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't leave guild through the website due to the +

MilisheaMilishea
Mabinogi Rep: 710
Posts: 11
Member
in Bugs and Glitches
It seems like the guilds page on the website doesn't let you choose characters with a + symbol in their names from the drop down menu, I tried multiple browsers, and it only applies to those with the +server name meaning I can't quit my guild with the one character I need to quit my guild with. Esnais.

Comments

  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Posts: 878
    Member
    The GM's already said they are aware of the problem and are working in it. They will notify everyone when it's fixed.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,645
    Posts: 6,911
    Member
    edited June 5, 2019
    Guild leaders can't remove people or add to their guilds.

    9272ab827d.gif?width=254&height=301

    49e1c6c618.gif?width=254&height=301

    Oh I sooooooooooo regret leaving just to test this out. They better get this fixed ASAP! I can't get back into my guild! :O
    GarryibShakaya
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 42,585
    Posts: 6,111
    Member
    I thought Nexon finally did something without any big issues happening and it was for something important like Server Merge too.

    I was so wrong...
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,645
    Posts: 6,911
    Member
    edited June 6, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought Nexon finally did something without any big issues happening and it was for something important like Server Merge too.

    I was so wrong...

    As such tradition. I thought so too and I was impressed. But we knew deep down inside it was too good to be true.

    I know whats screwing this up. It's gotta be those + characters in the names. I think we would of been better off not using any special characters. I feel like this part of Mabinogi was not properly tested or it didn't occur to them. But to be fair, I didn't think of it either before the merge went down. But I did know the web system tied in with the guilds was incredibly glitched and bugged. You can't update anything on there and not everything is fully functional and hasn't been in YEARS.

    This is a massive issue because what if there are trouble makers in guilds, the guild leader can't do anything about it! Players can't join new guilds and those with plus characters in their names have to remain guildless. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

    UE5bd27.gif
  • ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    Posts: 18
    Member
    Yikes. Good thing I like my current guild or else trapped for eternity.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,090
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought Nexon finally did something without any big issues happening and it was for something important like Server Merge too.

    I was so wrong...

    As such tradition. I thought so too and I was impressed. But we knew deep down inside it was too good to be true.

    I know whats screwing this up. It's gotta be those + characters in the names. I think we would of been better off not using any special characters. I feel like this part of Mabinogi was not properly tested or it didn't occur to them. But to be fair, I didn't think of it either before the merge went down. But I did know the web system tied in with the guilds was incredibly glitched and bugged. You can't update anything on there and not everything is fully functional and hasn't been in YEARS.

    This is a massive issue because what if there are trouble makers in guilds, the guild leader can't do anything about it! Players can't join new guilds and those with plus characters in their names have to remain guildless. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

    UE5bd27.gif

    They most likely tested only for the essential features (logging in, avoiding character data corruption, etc). The problems we're seeing now are most likely considered acceptable losses that they could attempt to repair after the merge has taken place. The fact is they DID test the merge, but only enough so that they can ensure that people could still play without facing game breaking issues.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,645
    Posts: 6,911
    Member
    edited June 6, 2019
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought Nexon finally did something without any big issues happening and it was for something important like Server Merge too.

    I was so wrong...

    As such tradition. I thought so too and I was impressed. But we knew deep down inside it was too good to be true.

    I know whats screwing this up. It's gotta be those + characters in the names. I think we would of been better off not using any special characters. I feel like this part of Mabinogi was not properly tested or it didn't occur to them. But to be fair, I didn't think of it either before the merge went down. But I did know the web system tied in with the guilds was incredibly glitched and bugged. You can't update anything on there and not everything is fully functional and hasn't been in YEARS.

    This is a massive issue because what if there are trouble makers in guilds, the guild leader can't do anything about it! Players can't join new guilds and those with plus characters in their names have to remain guildless. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

    UE5bd27.gif

    They most likely tested only for the essential features (logging in, avoiding character data corruption, etc). The problems we're seeing now are most likely considered acceptable losses that they could attempt to repair after the merge has taken place. The fact is they DID test the merge, but only enough so that they can ensure that people could still play without facing game breaking issues.

    Or the game becoming completely unplayable. I get you and I know.

    When it comes to guilds, that aspect has always been on the fence because of the outdated features of guilds within NA. Because the website is not compatible is why features that existed are have not been functional for years. The guild system is global and is tied into the site. Since the site is not completely functional - well this is why we are having problems.

    If they can't fix this...well fud.

    Just for the record I have never said anything without any kind of backing in reference to history or experience. The problems with guilds have existed for YEARS. They have given us work-arounds and individual solutions to a broken system. But the fact of the matter is this was completely overlooked...or neglected with internal prayers.

    I just hope they can fix this. smh. I -need- my guild and I know others need guilds. Get this fixed asap NA, or this merge will be for nothing.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,110
    Posts: 173
    Member
    I would suggest having the Guild Campaign Event extended for another month or so after all these server tag issues are fixed and name changes have been handed out, 'cuz there's a bunch of people that can't participate in that right now. That would also help out people that are just leaving to change their name and re-join their guild right afterwards.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    Posts: 158
    Member
    edited June 9, 2019
    Hum... I'm in a guild that has been inactive for pretty long, and it even says in-game that it expired in 2018, thus suggesting to use the website to settle any guild affairs. I wanted to leave it and was actually able to choose my character with + in his name, but unable to execute the action. It didn't let me leave the guild, showing a pop-up message saying that the character does not exist. I suppose it may be due to that + thing, but it works a bit different from what the first topic's post describes.
    And I'd like them to extend the event that features guild transfers too, because some people are simply being technically unable to experience its beneficial effects.
    Cuernosbeste
  • CuernosbesteCuernosbeste
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    Musicat wrote: »
    Hum... I'm in a guild that has been inactive for pretty long, and it even says in-game that it expired in 2018, thus suggesting to use the website to settle any guild affairs. I wanted to leave it and was actually able to choose my character with + in his name, but unable to execute the action. It didn't let me leave the guild, showing a pop-up message saying that the character does not exist. I suppose it may be due to that + thing, but it works a bit different from what the first topic's post describes.
    And I'd like them to extend the event that features guild transfers too, because some people are simply being technically unable to experience its beneficial effects.

    same. I just made a forum account to find out how to leave after i was inactive for so long. Guess ill be back another millennium.