Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

• noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Wow that really looks very crowded
    people of nao server anyone care to express how much lag are u having? if there's any

Im a little bit glad alexina didn't have to merge
    less lag for low spec pc player like me
    if i missed a conversation or chat with someone i could still find it in logs
    I wont get lost in the crowd
    more chances to win good stuff from event with limited amount of prizes per server
    there are many reasons and probably better reasons to have a merge
    but the merge only happened recently and it's too early to judge how good or bad it is
    most of us are still adjusting to it
    there are those who go through an experimental change
    and those that envy and feel they've been left out of the picture
    SpareohNishikiSherri
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited June 5, 2019
    people of nao server anyone care to express how much lag are u having? if there's any

more chances to win good stuff from event with limited amount of prizes per server
    but the merge only happened recently and it's too early to judge how good or bad it is

On my Dell G7 laptop, in Dunbarton (which is pretty busy right now) I'm seeing anywhere from 8-30 seconds for textures to fully load right now. I'd hate to see what the load times look like on my Toshiba Satellite. They might be up to a minute since it's got integrated graphics instead of a dedicated graphics card like my Dell.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 5, 2019
    Katherz wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Dude we're having trouble reaching channel 1 during peak hours. So hell no.

So... Tell me. What's so special about that ch1 of yours?

Go to other channel. Geez, go to the damn ch7 where Tarlachians like to be.

BECAUSE for whatever reason there seems to be a "problem" with the Auction House and so they took it offline. So basically right now we're being forced the shop for things the old fashion way. But it's kinda hard to do that when ch1 is freaking full.

I don't know about anyone else but I was not experiencing ANY problems with it. You know what I think? I think this is BS and that there IS NO PROBLEM with the Auction House and they just wanna see Belvast full. Well, it's full, there is barely any shop space open. If I want to sell something I am stuck on that channel until it's sold.

I am an active player. I channel hop for raids and stuff.

YOU HAD YOUR FUN NA, YEAH IT LOOKS AWESOME. NOW PUT THE BLOODY AUCTION HOUSE BACK ONLINE.

Thanks. :|

Gaea. We took down the auction house due to bug some players were experiencing when buying items that were from before the merge that caused a rollback. When it is fixed, it will come back up. Thanks.

Thanks. :(

I am really starting to think Katherz hates me. :<
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I wonder why...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 5, 2019
    I wonder why...

Sometimes I really hate the forums.
  • HyosungHyosung
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    this has been my fav meme so far 2eboxt.jpg
    Sakura2503TuniiWolfsingerJayy124MaxisDarkpixie99
  • BakujioBakujio
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    I really wish they would just merge them all and just make more channels......Being from Alexina and seeing how fun things look in Nao server is sad as is.
    Sakura2503
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Bakujio wrote: »
    I really wish they would just merge them all and just make more channels......Being from Alexina and seeing how fun things look in Nao server is sad as is.

The problem with that is accessing certain channels for shopping. I can tell you right now if they ever merged Alexina's there would be access issues. But many of you keep failing to understand this. It would really suck for raids.
    WolfsingerWlia
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 5, 2019

The problem with that is accessing certain channels for shopping. I can tell you right now if they ever merged Alexina's there would be access issues. But many of you keep failing to understand this. It would really suck for raids.

No no no. Remember we on Alexina have had this very situation for years. The three merged servers never really had this situation, so understandably, it is coming as a shock for you. You will get used to it, we did, eventually sellers will move to other channels; it just takes time. Think of it this way, we here on Alexina know all about having a channel that you have to keep banging away at to get in and in spite of that we all still want to be included in the merge.
    GretaTheDumbOneSakura2503WolfsingerBakujioKitini
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 5, 2019
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

Lag like never before.
    It's not fun. At all.
    SpareohNishikiHisahimeChaosShadow
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    the animosity that been made by not merging alexina with the remaining servers is crazy...i am pretty sad to see players comment like they have the bigger issues...
    all this attention from deciding who has it worst is kinda bad when everyone didnt have a option in the first place.

at least if alexina was merged, everyone would have shared a relatable issue that is not an expense on their character or time...
    only solution is to make a new character and leave years of stuff you did to get to the server you want to get on.
    their arent server transfer options yet... but thats also an expense that could of been avoided vs lagg and full channels...
    ^legitimate issues...

what i dont think is a legitimate issue is complaining that the nao server is gonna die down so alexina doesnt need to merge, or that its to busy and alexina doesnt need to merge...
    GretaNegumikoWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I wonder why...

Because ...
  • LyniLyni
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    @moderators: please pay attention to this population discrepancy over the next few weeks!

I joined Alexina because it had the most traffic. It feels like I made the wrong choice now and I can't help but wonder if people from Mari/Tarlach/Ruairi who wanted peace and quiet feel like they made the wrong choice too. :/
    SpareohNishiki
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    How can Nexon add 3 channels to Nao server and say that's equal population to Alexina? Similar my ass.
    Greta
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Its because lots of people from Alexina flooded Nao and filled it up. Now shut it troll.
    SpareohWolfenstinNishikiHisahimeLokitinTheNyanCat
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    That isn't very nice of you to say. Please stay on topic kid.
    TheDumbOne
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Lyni wrote: »
    @moderators: please pay attention to this population discrepancy over the next few weeks!

I joined Alexina because it had the most traffic. It feels like I made the wrong choice now and I can't help but wonder if people from Mari/Tarlach/Ruairi who wanted peace and quiet feel like they made the wrong choice too. :/

While I personally support Alexina being added to Nao with us, most people on Mari/Tarlach/Ruairi didn't join these servers just to have peace and quiet. Alexina had the most traffic because of bad managing when the server first came out, and the other three became empty because for years all the new players just went to Alexina. Most people that play Mari/Tarlach/Ruairi joined before Alexina existed and were upset to see their servers die. I'm sure there may be some people that wanted quiet servers, but they're greatly outnumbered.
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Lyni wrote: »

Exactly this.
    TheDumbOneNishikiHisahime
  • WolfenstinWolfenstin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    edited June 6, 2019
    For as big as the player numbers are, there just seems to be double the amount of people AFKing in Dun doing sweet FA. It's Tarlach 2.0, with the occasional signs of life from players actually doing something. Even when I'm trying to do something as simple as one of the SMs requiring more than one person, everyone is either AFKing near the stone hedge or not there at all. Not even old channel 7 has people there, they've all moved to channel 1 and filled it up.

I mean, I didn't expect too many people to be doing daily SMs in droves, but this is just silly. My only hope is we might get legit new players to help out.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited June 6, 2019
    Could you blame them? Maps were explored, missions already been tried, the realistic amount of lvls gained for the week of there own current capable ability and ran out of AP to start training your skills. There is hardly much anything to do unless your able to do Raids, Tech duinn, Phantasm, Abyss, and Alban but as things that are not so very combat oriented: Cooking contest, Jousting, Commerce (avoid bandits), and treasure hunting events.

Nothing to amazing to do if none of those appeases them also for the fact old producing skills suck, like Really suck, when would you ever use Tailoring as a source of income other than a VERY few use for specific reasons? How about Weaving? Well I hate needing to wear NONE repairable gloves in order to weave silk at a random chance to obtaining a quality your after. Blacksmithing is just as worthless only for specific reasons to use then never touch it ever again. Both of those suck because whole and behold Hillwen Engineering for the absolute BEST defensive gear to use and some weapons. As for tailoring for your fashion needs? *COUGH COUGH* *WEEZE* Gacha is where you get fashion, Tailoring outfits are god damned awful in quality compared to these highly textured outfits we get now. Take a look at npc shops the outfits and armor look ugly and dated so does the basic looks in character customization THEY will likely NEVER update it because well COUPONS!!

I miss the old days where your not forced to wear Meta gear just to get by you know? Since the very beginning of Mabinogi! Folks can look like anything without it being a freaking drawback and don't bring up style tab! You KNOW what I mean if your an old player, I may not be as old as you but I start from an era where that still exist till...THIS, THIS WHOLE THING ABOUT REFORGES BLACK OR WHITE DRAGON ARMOR, AND SOME PAY TO WIN ARMOR YOU GET FROM GACHA! ECHOSTONES!? RNG HATES ME, ERG UPGRADE!? ARE WE A JOKE TO YOU NEXON!? You try to make the game challenging but there is a difference between challenge and Bullcrap. Shock not working in some missions in tech duin? Unable to make full use of Alchemy utility? Damage check on some enemies that REQUIRES you to deal the ideal amount of damage to hit from 0 to a single hit kill like those zombies? That is BULLCRAP no challenge about that. Maybe improve enemy AI as well as characteristics with mechanics that make them challenging and not dull as well as Bull? You seem to do well with that with Girgashiy and Hasidim.

Tho this is a random rant anyways You would have afkers because truthfully there is nothing much to do at all for early to midgame players because of an invisible limit placed for them as for lategame players they either burnt out or bored because they know what they did only to question as if it were really worth it with the amount of time of effort to achieve that nonsense up to this day.

So yea this is ONE of the reasons why you have Afkers besides being merchants, fashinogi standing still looking good, or maybe other things to do in real life. Oh yea as well as events that force ya to stay logged in as they sleep because this is likely to buy them time to make better events or they just ran out of good eventful ideas, would like some good returning events that WERE good for once of this year.

Pardon my Wall of text, I have much to say <3
    NishikiHisahimeKitini
This discussion has been closed.