Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Survey of Server Merge Supporters

GTCvActiumGTCvActium
Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
edited June 6, 2019 in General Chat
After going around talking to a few people, I came up with a curious question. What server was most in support of the server merge? For that, I've added a poll to ask what server your main is/was on if you were in support of the merge. If you were an opponent of the merge, please don't vote on the poll.

For discussion's sake, how was your experience with the merge? Was there difficulties? What changes did you like or dislike? Did you like the increase in population or did you prefer a more quiet experience?
Spareoh
  1. What server was/is your main?68 votes
    1. Mari
       28% (19 votes)
    2. Tarlach
       19% (13 votes)
    3. Ruairi
       16% (11 votes)
    4. Alexina
       37% (25 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 6, 2019
    Answer soon because site staff has been deleting things like this. I'm gonna guess:
    Alexina 43%ish
    Mari 26%ish
    Ruairi 18%ish
    Tarlach 13%ish
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Helsa wrote: »
    Answer soon because site staff has been deleting things like this. I'm gonna guess:
    Alexina 43%ish
    Mari 26%ish
    Ruairi 18%ish
    Tarlach 13%ish

If that is the case, then it will ironic as the server that most supports a merge didn't get the merge.
    Sakura2503Greta
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Personally, I know more people on Alexina who didn't want a merge over those who wanted a merge.

I also know that the pro-merge people would have loved to argue all day with the anti-merge people, but the anti-merge people never felt the need to go out of their way to squabble about it because they were already satisfied with the no merge decision for Alexina.

Which is the attitude I need to take, to be honest. There's no need for me to posit anti-merge opinions. My "side" already "won" from the start.

But don't assume we don't exist. The pro-merge people are just more visible because you're all voicing unopposed complaints. There is a large anti-merge group that isn't engaging with you. At this point I'm just rolling my eyes whenever I see surveys that only pro-merge people will vote in, and discussions that only pro-merge people will weigh in on. It's like you guys don't even realise you're in a biased echo chamber.
    Nishiki
  • HelsaHelsa
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Alexina 43%ish
    Mari 26%ish
    Ruairi 18%ish
    Tarlach 13%ish

If that is the case, then it will ironic as the server that most supports a merge didn't get the merge.

I think I may have misunderstood the question, what exactly are you asking?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    edited June 6, 2019
    Alexina 43%ish
    Mari 26%ish
    Ruairi 18%ish
    Tarlach 13%ish
    Eralea wrote:

I think I may have misunderstood the question, what exactly are you asking?

Let me rephrase that then, "it would ironic that the server with the most people that wanted a merge didn't get the merge."

Personally, I know more people on Alexina who didn't want a merge over those who wanted a merge.

I also know that the pro-merge people would have loved to argue all day with the anti-merge people, but the anti-merge people never felt the need to go out of their way to squabble about it because they were already satisfied with the no merge decision for Alexina.

Which is the attitude I need to take, to be honest. There's no need for me to posit anti-merge opinions. My "side" already "won" from the start.

But don't assume we don't exist. The pro-merge people are just more visible because you're all voicing unopposed complaints. There is a large anti-merge group that isn't engaging with you. At this point I'm just rolling my eyes whenever I see surveys that only pro-merge people will vote in, and discussions that only pro-merge people will weigh in on. It's like you guys don't even realise you're in a biased echo chamber.

You seem to misunderstand the question, the point of the poll isn't to check the supports by percentage of server, but to examine where the proponents of the server merge originate from. The point here is that if 30 people voted here originated from Alexina, it just simply means that 30 people did not get the merge they wanted. The poll is related to people that were proponents of the merge, and to see which server had the most people in support of it. let me explain this to you with numbers. Let's say Alexina has 1000 people, Mari has 500, Tarlach has 250, and Ruairi has 125. In Alexina only 400 people wanted the merge, Mari has 300 people that wanted the merge, Tarlach 100, Ruairi 50. I am ONLY interested in the people that are were for the merge and where they originated from. This poll isn't asking for opponents of the server merge, its asking for proponents of it. If you are an opponent of the server merge, then I'm not asking you to participate in this poll because you are an opponent to the merge, not a proponent. As for why this doesn't ask for opponents of the merge, we've already had polls asking the question of for and against the merge. I am not interested in that question. I am interested in the people that wanted a merge, and where they came from.
    SpareohNishiki
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited June 6, 2019
    I was from Ruairi, and I personally was against a server merge.
    Server merge basically means a game is close to it's death bed.
    I'll enjoy the activeness for now, who knows how long it'll last before everyone starts afking again.
    It'll just be like Ruairi all over again: Life-less pixel corpses standing around, except more of them.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I was from Mari and I'd say I was on the anti-merge side for reasons which we have already experience. But, it's too late now!
    WolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Alexina 43%ish
    Mari 26%ish
    Ruairi 18%ish
    Tarlach 13%ish

We have? This is the first poll I’ve seen.
    Shoogstarkiller1286MaiaNishikiWolfsinger
  • TuniiTunii
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I'm pretty excited about the merge tbh. Mari was becoming pretty dead, and it feels nice to log in and see so much movement again. Kind of reminds me of the old days in a way. It got me to come back again anyway.

I haven't run into any issues personally, my main got to keep her name, all of my alts but one (that I might delete anyway) and most of my pets, so I feel pretty good about that.

I'm curious how the economy will change now that we've combined 3 (probably) different ones. I guess we'll find out once the auction house and everything is working again. Hopefully it'll be a good change.
    Jayy124
  • lyldiesumlyldiesum
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    i'm on Alexina with my main but i'm in support of it because it'll be good for the other servers, more people to interact with and make friends with. hopefully it doesn't cause any issues and result in people leaving but i think it'll be good in the long run
    TuniiNegumiko
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I'm in Alexina, I am very much with the server merge option. As of right now, I'm kinda happy we did not merge since I still have to work on Hillwen. Less people means more recourses. I'm hoping there will be a server transfer option one day though.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    The merge is exciting but I'm a bit bummed I lost my maid and butler package, got it the day before partner creation was canned and went to bed now they are lost to the soul stream. Trying to work it out with customer support now.
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    So, I voted Alexina, does this mean that as an Alexinan I was opposed to the merge, because I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows by now I was not?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    The merge is exciting but I'm a bit bummed I lost my maid and butler package, got it the day before partner creation was canned and went to bed now they are lost to the soul stream. Trying to work it out with customer support now.

Oh lore, good luck with that. That sounds absolutely miserable :/
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    After going around talking to a few people, I came up with a curious question. What server was most in support of the server merge? For that, I've added a poll to ask what server your main is/was on if you were in support of the merge. If you were an opponent of the merge, please don't vote on the poll.

For discussion's sake, how was your experience with the merge? Was there difficulties? What changes did you like or dislike? Did you like the increase in population or did you prefer a more quiet experience?

I just wanted a pooled market personally. My OCD demands it. Pretty indifferent otherwise. I'm still pining/would like for a way to probe Alexina's market,
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Trick question because when I first started playing, I was on Ruairi. I got harassed and stalked into leaving and started over on Mari so I was 100% against merging the servers together and making all of that start-over work pointless. I'm trying to stay optimistic but so far, nothing positive has come from this server merge. I couldn't log in at all for 2 days because of how busy the servers were so I haven't really gotten a chance to see how the marketplace has changed yet. And I got so bored not being able to log on that I made a new character on Alexina.

But since they added more channels to Nao, I'm crossing my fingers that things will look up soon.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Let's say Alexina has 1000 people, Mari has 500, Tarlach has 250, and Ruairi has 125. In Alexina only 400 people wanted the merge, Mari has 300 people that wanted the merge, Tarlach 100, Ruairi 50.

Let’s use your own example numbers to demonstrate the problem here - people like you would see them and conclude that it’s soooooo ironic Alexina didn’t get a merge when they had the biggest number of supporters, and no one would see the part where more people oppose the merge than support it.

That’s the problem with these biased echo chambers. It only serves to reinforce your views and everyone takes it personally if someone challenges them.

wOw it’S SOOoOoOoo irOnIC

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I was actually neutral about the server merge. On the one hand, I kind of liked how quiet Tarlach was. It was really peaceful, actually. But, on the other hand, I know lots of other people really wanted a fuller, busier game world where it would be easier to find an active guild or a bunch of random folks to run some dungeons with, so when I heard about the merge, I was happy for them. Plus, the chance to crack a seal stone sounded really fun (alas, I missed it because the merge was finished earlier than expected, and I was washing dishes at the time the game finally came back up).

Though, the excitement of seeing Dunbarton so full of people on Merge Day was pretty cool, I have to admit. There's so much excitement going on now with the event and all of the players busting out new characters or untouched bank alts to check out the festivities! After the glitz of novelty wears off, I'm sure there won't be quite as many people on (I guesstimate a daily peak population drop of 25%-30% when the party is over), but it'll still be busier on all channels than Tarlach was on channel 1 or 7 on a good day. Let's just hope the daily gathering doesn't become impossible once everyone settles into their normal routines...
    Wolfsinger
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    On further thought...I do hate the inflation that comes with this tho. I really hope a reasonable price point stick soon. Restocking some necessities are so expensive atm I'm considering doing ptj again in since like forever.
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    Rhey wrote: »
    On further thought...I do hate the inflation that comes with this tho. I really hope a reasonable price point stick soon. Restocking some necessities are so expensive atm I'm considering doing ptj again in since like forever.

It will take time. What drives the inflation right now is that the richest folks can buy from each other and are doing so. Remember, three small servers were merged together, some items may have only showed up on one but not another so there are new things to buy for some. Since the richest people own most of the money on the server, then the common rabble basically have to wait it out. Eventually all the richest people will have all the items they want and the only customers left for them are the ones with modest wealth. At that point it becomes a waiting game between buyers and seller and who will blink first. That will bring prices down. It comes down to this: if you're poor, you wait.