Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Healing should damage undead enemies

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
in Feedback and Suggestions
I've played a few rpg where this is a mechanic and thought it would be nice if it were in Mabi as well.

Heal can deal 5x the heal amount on undead enemies.
Undead enemies would be:

Any Zombies
Any Skeletons
Skeleton Wolves and Hellhounds
Ghouls and Verona Ghouls
Wights
Ghost Armors and Hollow Knights
Any Ghosts, Prison Ghosts, Desert Ghosts, or Skeleton Ghosts
Liches
Banshees
Cloakers
Specters
Mummies
The Python enemies in the Tara Shadow Missions
and any other undead I might've missed.
(This wouldn't affect Yoff in the Connous Arena but maybe he could say "Ow. Stop it." in response to being healed.)

Heal could score critical hits and Party Heal could be an AoE damage ability towards undead. Heals would only be able to target undead and party heal would only affect nearby undead enemies. Heal would be completely unaffected by Mana Deflector but adds no knock back to enemies and very little stun (possibily 0.8 seconds) The Idea would be to heal and windmill/counter or spellwalk and heal to kite around undead enemies.

An example would be that a person who heals for 30 hp would deal 150 damage per charge and could crit for 375. A more devoted healer who can heal for 120 would deal 600 damage per charge and crit for 1500.

The main places I can think of that would become training spots for healers would be most Tara Shadow missions involving bone warriors, the mission Their Method, Rabbie Dungeon, and Peaca Dungeon.
Spareoh

Comments

• WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited June 6, 2019
    That would be major nerf for Peaca dungeon really..
    also this is really bad idea for every single player that lives beyond america server range because only NA users are capable to literally spam heal
    while most EU players cant use healing faster than ever lets say 2 second delay meybe even longer ( it does work for some ) but most ppl dont have the luxury to just spam all 5 healing charges in 1 second.
    sides if healing would ignore mana deflector im sure all main mages in the game will start huge uproar about it.
    SpareohGretaPikangie
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    I never even thought about that, but Cho is right, priest/divine powers usually damage undead characters in other games because they're thought to only exist thru dark necro powers.

But Wlia makes too good of a point about it being a nerf to Peaca and most dungeons.

Maybe it could only affect monsters specifically brought back by dark magic instead of all undead types? Or only in the shadow realm? Or maybe even undead enemies do less damage to you if you have high "holy" attack. I don't even know where to begin with programming something like that but I really like the idea of it.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I suggested the low knock back as a way to balance out the idea of being able to quickly deal damage with a need to run or use a defensive skill. Also I can't think of many ways to enhance healing if it could be used as damage besides a red upgraded wand or reforges so I'd imagine it'd have a pretty decent soft cap. Also the idea that it would only be usable in niche situations against certain monster should balance it out because if you main mage, you'll probably deal more damage as a focused mage than you would as a focused healer.

I don't know what the average heal amount is for dedicated healers. I figured probably 120 since Dan 3 Heal is 51max, you could probably buff it up to 120 with high magic attack. Even with 120, times 5 it's 700 for a total of 3500 damage per cast of heal with the possibility that it crits with, close to dual gun, stun times (without the bonus stun-time for criticals). I don't really think it nerfs peaca considering someone with that much dedication into any skill set (chain impale, bash, magnum shot, firebolt etc) could deal 3500 damage not only those enemies but other non-undead enemies and have the safety of knockbacks and better stuns.

I thought 5 times the heal amount would be fair because, again, this is only useful in very niche situations and heal wouldn't be affected by elements or magic weapon mastery and it doesn't scale nearly as well as something like icebolt does with magic attack.

I know there exists situations where there are players who maxed every skill and have high damage, high magic attack, and the money for any reforge but I don't think most players will switch to their sub par 40 per charge heal just to deal a quick 1000 damage when they could just Smash/Bash instead.
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sure why not. It's one of those things that doesn't make a lot of sense but it is tradition in these kind of games, even good ole Minecraft.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I'd love to be able to 1HKO undead things with phoenix feathers a la Final Fantasy style.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Maybe not have our Healing do this, but a new spell that would be used as a combat spell that works with....or receive a bonus... or scaled due to our current Healing / Party Healing spells. Sorry wasn’t quite sure how to put my idea.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Maybe not have our Healing do this, but a new spell that would be used as a combat spell that works with....or receive a bonus... or scaled due to our current Healing / Party Healing spells. Sorry wasn’t quite sure how to put my idea.

So an attack spell for a fifth element, Holy?
    Dragoolfire
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited June 10, 2019
    Turn undead.
    3bd97f_7046070.jpg
    56317750_134286180987065_589983169965291740_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    edited June 12, 2019
    If there were more uses for various healing spells, it'd be much more useful in the long run. I am all for Healing doing even 50% of your health restored to various "Unholy" enemies. It'd make picking Holy Arts a viable thing. Heck, even reducing the defense or attack stats temporarily or some sort of slowdown would be alright.
  • PikangiePikangie
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    edited June 12, 2019
    It would be cool, but on the other hand, it is also problematic to make it as an attack-skill which someone may rely on, due to the dependency on low lag/ping to be able to heal quickly... So people who either live closer to Nexon's servers or someone who paid more or is lucky to have better connection will have the advantage... I think they would have to revamp the skill entirely to make it something that anyone can use, such as changing how it is used after it is cast (perhaps making it attack once per cast, like party healing? I could see party healing being used like this).